DICKO
Years ago

Ebi does the dirty on Dragons. Signs with TIGERS!

Wait for it....Ebi Ere joins the current chapmion Melbourne Tigers after telling the Dragons that he is NOT playign in the NBL.

Topic #17179 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Shiiiiiii!!! can you imagine the boos when South play Melbourne this year! Great pickup for the Tiges.

Reply #202327 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I don't believe it.
Why the heck would he not go to the Dragons if he's now available, let alone play for the Tigers?
Jesus Christ- are there ANY ballers left that have any shame?
Un freakin believable! This season is ridiculous and hasn't even started yet.
So much for the 'local derby'

Reply #202330 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Im pretty sure I mentioned this would happen a couple of weeks ago on here.

Reply #202331 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah, well the Bombers suck so DICKO gets the credit lol.

Reply #202336 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I'm not really interested in who wants to take credit for what on the subject- it's irrelevant.
I'm disgusted by this news if it's true.
Time will tell.

Reply #202338 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Not trying to take any credit.

Dicko gets full credit. I just had an inkling this would happen. I had nothing to back it up though.

Reply #202339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give title to Tigers now

Reply #202340 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

What a move. Tigers have the title now.

I'm just glad Ebi will remain in Oz and that I can see him still.

Reply #202345 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Give them the title now?
How about a punch in the head instead?
At what point does this get more ridiculous than any other year in NBL history?
How about now that Ebi is signed, they try to add Kobe and LBJ to the roster as well?
What a freakin joke this league is- they think we are all schmucks!

Reply #202346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a dickhead
i hope south can still hold onto Ingles
If he left, all of a sudden they would have drop from favourites to take out the title, to a team that might finish mid-range

Reply #202347 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Wait until he skips the NBL with 5 rounds to go, and joins Toulon for double the money ...

Reply #202351 | Report this post

Nash2Stoudemire  
Years ago

I just texted this news to a friend and my dictionary game me 'f.a.g' instead of Ebi when i typed it in.

Coincidence?

Reply #202353 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

The best roster doesn't always win, way too early to be raising the white flag already. I remember when the Sixers added the 2 hottest free agents in Cattalini and Rogers to their championship side in 2002/03 all the talk before that season was how invincible we were, didn't quite turn out that way, maybe the Tigers will be like Team USA from 2001 to 2007?

Reply #202354 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Ok, I hate to say it, but this really is confirmed. Ugh...

Reply #202362 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Cant believe that someone would do that and has to live in same city. I did dislike a Goorg Dragons more than Tigers but when you think Ere would only done it for money reasons as no other logical reason how much would Tigers be over salary cap ,it stinks especially as teams trying to hang in there and provide a good competition. Both Ere and Mcpeake have no morals or sense of responsibility

Reply #202363 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was it really going to be any different if they got Hodge instead of Ere?

I agree that it's a bit much to see McPeake representing owners on the board while buying this sort of roster, but what can you do? You ask the NBL about salary caps and they stick their head in the sand. If you're a Melbourne fan, you'll go to all the games because they'll win often. If you're a fan of another team, you can't vote with your wallet without damaging your own club.

What's left? A petition? (NBL: "As far as we know, they're within the cap.") Writing letters to league sponsors won't help the sport.

All you can do is get to games and hope your team wins against those odds.

Reply #202374 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Thats a big call Bretts the Man. How do you know Ere is only going to the Tigers for the money and has no morals?

Maybe he was only going to the Dragons for the money and because there was no other viable alternative at the time?

Maybe that alternative has now opened up with the Tigers allowing him to play somewhere that he wants to rather than just play for the cash at the Dragons with a coach he doesnt really like?

Maybe hes actually really good mates with Sam Mackinnon and wants to play with him?

Had he actually signed with the dragons? If not whats he done wrong? If its a verbal agreement he had with them then maybe they should have got him to sign something? (While I agree that your word should be your bond in professional sports you need to cover all your bases to make sure you dont get screwed over)

Reply #202376 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Statman - Dragons announced Ebi as signed a while back. He then asked to be released to play in either the NBA or Europe (or exercised an out clause - not sure which) , then popped up at the Tigers a week later. Same thing CJ did with Breakers.

Reply #202382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mabye people, the Dragons decided to go with another import? ever consider that.

Reply #202383 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

If that is the case theDoctor which I'm pretty sure it is, then Dragons should have had in that contract that he wasn't to sign in the NBL with another team this season. If they did that then they would be suing but I doubt they did so all they can feel is cheated by their goodwill.

Reply #202384 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

If the dragons are upset with this its their own fault for not putting the right clauses in the contract.

Reply #202388 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't think it is clear cut that the Tigers will win it all this year. I would say if they got a point guard like Aaron Bruce they would but they struggle at the point guard and don't have many players that score in the inside. Anstey, Mac, Eri, Barlow are mainly 3 point shooters. I think there offence will struggle at times as they have too many scorers. I think the sixers match up well with them and have more depth and possibly a better team (depending on Tyndale).

Reply #202395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait until the 36ers play the Tigers.

I have lost all respect for the Tigers and Ebi Ere. What a tool.

Reply #202396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could it be Karma coming back to haunt the Dragons....its not like they have ever grabbed a young player from under another teams nose after that player had given a commitment (even if it was only verbal) to play elsewhere.

Reply #202397 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Durden hasn't even been offered a contract so you can't say they decided to go with someone else.
There's more undercurrent than what we will ever know.
Ebi still needs to feed his kids- I'm not saying that makes everything ok but he really does feel terrible- he is not a bad person and certainly no conscience-lacking cheat like McPeake or even Goorj who has cheated the rules too.

Reply #202402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and let me guess that was Ingles????

We wooped them with only barlow missing

We will woop them when Cortez, Ingles and Wortho come back

Let them have Ere

Long live the McPeake torture and hatred....Single handedly destroyed basketball in Melbourne....How is this going to help competition....All he is is money hungry and has no consideration for other teams in Australia

I call for him to be sacked from Aus BBall Board

Reply #202403 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Whilst there arent any real excuses for Ere actions they only affected 1 club and his own reputation.
Whilst Tigers and McPeakes action with massive salary cap flaunt etc will affect most clubs who are struggling to keep their clubs going in a competition with no major sponsor struggling financially .
As Port Power found out this year not being competitive is expensive where they will lose $200-400k this year . Teams that able to sell a large majority of seats through season tickets will be better off. Otherwise the general supporter will turn up to the match they think their team will win mostly. Bums on seats affect owners sponsors etc etc.
Wonder what the new member on the NBL board Andrew thinks of McPeakes actions of team he and his Dad created a fine reputation for.

Reply #202416 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Yeh the tigers are over the cap but so are the 36ers and the dragons. How much would ere, anstey, barlow, mackinnon, grizzard etc be on each? Isn't the salary cap 1 million or less.

Reply #202421 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Curtley what makes you think Adelaide are over the cap? Who would be on max dollars of 175k for Adelaide?

Reply #202449 | Report this post

waa waa baby  
Years ago

Get over it Dragon's fans.
Youre all acting like a bunch of craying babies....waaaaaaaaaaaa

Reply #202459 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

He's not doing for the money and anyone who suggests so is nuts, he did it for the lifestyle and climate in melbourne, not to mention the cost of living.

Reply #202470 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Curtley - Last time I checked, South were located in Melbourne too.

Reply #202473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wheres the link for this? I couldn't find it but am useless on the net anyway...

Reply #202481 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

There is a difference being over salary cap and how far Tigers are over it and the significance to league.
I not too sure what craying is but most posts re this issue are not from Dragon fans. in fact any team Goorg coaches it is high on my least favourite teams

Reply #202482 | Report this post

MH  
Years ago

I thought I read somewhere that the tigers only had 9 points to work with. Did something change??

Reply #202490 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

Yeh well that was the joke skip, cos people were saying he didnt do it for the money and often people who change clubs do so cos they dont like the city they're in. As if adelaide aint over the cap Kingjames, they got Schenscher from the cusp of the NBA or europe, aaron bruce from a guarenteed deal if he'd wanted in europe, 2 imports, jacob holmes. Just cos yer an adelaide fan dont mean yer team is immune to paper bag money, my dear old team the kings was guilty too, im sure of it.

besos

Reply #202498 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Crosswell
Ebi Ere/Corletto
Barlow/Mackinnon/Greer
Grizzard/Hoare
Anstey/Johnson

WOW!

Reply #202512 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Barlow/Crosswell
Ebi Ere/Corletto
Grizzard/Greer
Mackinnon/Hoare
Anstey/Johnson

I actually think this is how it will playout.

Nasty starting 5 on left, and an ok back up 5 on right

Reply #202533 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Im not sure if Mackinnon will start with him returning from injury. I think that Crosswell should start because they have an abundance of scorers in their starting 5 so basically all he has to do is get the ball up the floor safely.

Reply #202551 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

waa waa or whaever your stupid name is:
i'm neither a dragons or tigers fan, and i still think it's a crock of s**t.
so go out that in your pipe and smoke it.

Reply #202601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754