DB5
Years ago

CSKA offers B.Gordon $5.5 mill.

David Andersen's Euro team CSKA Moscow has reportedly offered Chicago Bulls guard 5.5 million dollars per year to join them. Gordon wants more ( to match Childress' contract) but this will work out more than the 6.4 mill Chicago offered.

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2008/09/ben-gordon-to-decide-about-cska.html

Personally, I hope he goes. His selfish attitude was a major problem for the Bulls last year, and they have an abundance of shoot first guards on the roster already.

Topic #17198 | Report this topic

Mantis  
Years ago

David Andersen's Euro team CSKA Moscow
Former team. He plays for FC Barcelona now.

Reply #202587 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Doh! cheers Mantis, I do remember seeing that...

Reply #202593 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

if I was gordon it would be great to go to Europe. They have much better fashion sense there and cutting edge of cool

Reply #202608 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

can they do a sign and trade for cska players??
i'd take theodoras paploukas in a heart beat.

Reply #202609 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Think about this, the bulls were a shite three point shooting team last year, and Gordon hit over a hundred of em at over 40%... With Rose expected to dribble drive and kick, they will need someone to hit those shots. Huges ain't.

I don't think he'll go euro, it smells a bit like an agents idea to stir the bulls pot.

Sign and trade is a weak option coz his role is limited to teams with point men that can switch to guard the 2.

Gord is stuck in a bad situation, he really should just accept a year based deal, bust his guts and make teams want him. Right now GM's and coaches wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole....

Ultimately he is a puppet for his agent though...

Reply #202631 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754