little boy
Years ago

NH: Work flings

interested to see if anyone has had a fling with work colleague...lol...i only just recently did and it turned bad now i have to still see her everyday...wont be doin that again!!!!

Topic #17200 | Report this topic

Mutley  
Years ago

Yes. I married her, so I guess it worked out.

Reply #202644 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Mutley...me too.

Been together for over 20 years and can honestly say I am happier now than the day I married her.

It's the person that matters, not what they do, or where you meet them or anything else.

That said, I'd be pretty sure you want to move forward before you go near someone at work, or at least keep it to yourselves until you're reasonably settled. No-one at our work knew for the first 8 months except her very best friend who also worked with us. In fact, our mutual boss thought we hated each other. We used to argue a lot at work.....then leave, kiss and make up then go home to her place. It was kind of funny really.

Reply #202647 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Have I just tuned in to the Bold and The Beautiful?

Reply #202648 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

I have flings at work all the time

Reply #202649 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Oooh....they don't count if you're on your own in the mens toilet.

Reply #202652 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ha ha, flog, fling...to some it is the same thing..

Gold that your boss thought you hated each other DICKO, the look on his/her face when it was announced would have been priceless..

Reply #202653 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Someone said to me a long time ago:
'Never get your meat where you get your bread'
A good motto to stick to.

Reply #202655 | Report this post

Stats Machine  
Years ago

Sexy.

Reply #202656 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Let me see. I work with Engineers with 99.99999999996% of them male so, No!

Reply #202657 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Sturty6ers - I work in I.T so there are very slim pickings....the only female in my group is a Lesbian!

Reply #202659 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Hey.....I met my wife in IT!!!!!!!

Reply #202660 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Work in finance and most of the chicks here are a fair bit older.

Reply #202666 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

She must of been the only decent one then!! ;)

Reply #202667 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I got to work to get away from the missus, not find another one jeez :P

Reply #202668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I worked at a place where one of the girls was doing te wild thing with the boss. When the company got taken over by another, the entire department got the axe except one....
Then someone found out why the door to the boss' office was always shut, then both of them got the sack. Mind you, this guy was married, divorced and lead a complete double life. He worked 2 hrs away from home, so had his de facto pregnant, and a flat during the week. He was obviously doing something right. Shag #1 was the HR Manager, Shag #2 was the QA manager and Shag #3 was girl above

Reply #202670 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Prefer not to screw the crew

Reply #202673 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Have been known to dip the pen in the company ink from time to time..

Reply #202674 | Report this post

Bigger boy  
Years ago

I'm a boss had plenty of them.

Reply #202675 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Still scouting the office. Quite a nice selection though.

Reply #202676 | Report this post

butcher  
Years ago

Very dangerous pastime - playing hide the sausage at work - always tends to go off the boil.

Reply #202678 | Report this post

BILLY!!  
Years ago

I did for a bit...but it was not only a co-worker it was the bosses daughter....well lemme just say...not recommended unless your not fussed about job if it doesnt work out

Reply #202680 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

bb gun 'Never get your meat where you get your bread'.

On the contrary - Nothin better than being the snag in the middle of a late night sandwich after the pissy chrissy work party .

Reply #202681 | Report this post

Gareth Keenan  
Years ago

Yes, I've had office romances. Not here. At another place I worked at. Good-looking ones, as well. But they're not a good idea, office romances. It's like shitting on your own doorstep. I've had loads of offers here, but I go 'no way, distracting'. And that's actually one of the major arguments against letting gay men into the army. And I haven't got a problem with that, right. A gay man's not gonna put me off, I can look after myself. But if you're in battle is he gonna be looking at the enemy or at me, going "Ooh... he looks tasty in his uniform"

I'm not homophobic, all right? Come around, look at my C.D collection. You'll find Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers.

Reply #202682 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Manager's Assistant, or Assistant Manager?

Reply #202684 | Report this post

Gareth Keenan  
Years ago

Assistant to the regional manager

Reply #202691 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster then a shark?

Reply #202700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#682 you are a bigot.

equal opportunity in your case also means do not let gay women into the armed services for the same reason, or do not let hetros serve together as they will be making out when the bombs land anyways. OMFG ur logic sucks hard and bad.

Reply #202702 | Report this post

Anton  
Years ago

I don't think it's yours to be really commenting on the armed forces and the like - i'll bet you have never even served. I would (Royal Navy) if i could - but i don't make the the height requirement (i suffer from acute darwfism), used to drive forklifts for a while though...

Reply #202703 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

" and I don't agree with that in the workplace"

by the way anon 702...i think you will find gareth keenan was quoting a humorous part of the office.

Reply #202705 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

bahahahahahaha!

Well done Gareth, even a couple of bites! One of the greatest shows ever, that one. I was p*ssing myself reading every line of your post and reminiscing of shows past.

Just one more season Ricky, please! Do it for the team

Reply #202709 | Report this post

Years ago

This is slightly diverting the topic, but I can't believe there's so many people around outside of here who find the US version of The Office funnier than the original UK version. Some people don't even know the UK version exists!

Reply #202711 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

The first season of the US Office I absolutely loathed as they were repeating all the UK story lines with different actors, just seemed 2nd rate, cheesey. But once they started developing their own story lines and characters, I came around, and now think it is absolute gold, better than the UK version. (although given a longer run for the UK version it could of been a different story)

Reply #202714 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

IMHO, Season 1 and 2 of the UK Office were better than the US.

But the US seasons 3 and 4 were some of the funniest stuff ever.

The Gay Witch hunt episode was a classic. Just some of the pranks that Jim pulled in later series were hilarious. Faxing Dwight from his future self :-).

The "Conflict Resolution" episode at the end of season 2 was a classic where Jim pointed out a heap of the pranks he's pulled.

Dwight : "This morning I hit myself in the head with the Phone. I suspect this is Jim's doing"

Jim (to the camera) : " Yeah, that one took some time. Every day, I put a nickel in the handpiece of Dwights phone until it got heavier and heavier. Then one day I just took them all out"

:-)

Reply #202715 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

I work for the family business......so no.

Reply #202722 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

DICKO - for future reference - typed recounts of scenes from The Office are not funny.

Please stick to providing breaking basketball news out of Melbourne, which you do so well.

Reply #202726 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

I thought the intra-company basketball game on the US version was pretty funny (especially Steve Carrel`s carrying on and his character`s stereotyping of the big african-american guy - who in the final wash-up couldn`t play and didn`t even like basketball...)...

From what i saw though - on the main, the US version couldn`t hold a candle to the UK version Ricky Gervais and Mackenzie Crook hit the nail on the head with their characters (not to mention Finchy!!!)...

Reply #202733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never get your gash where you get your cash

Reply #202734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't shit where you eat!

Reply #202745 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

As long as your not fu.king them on work time(or on the desk in your office) , I see no real issue, but would get weird if it didn't work out.

Reply #202758 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"DICKO - for future reference - typed recounts of scenes from The Office are not funny.

Please stick to providing breaking basketball news out of Melbourne, which you do so well."

Humble apologies, doc.

Reply #202777 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

thedoctor, you need to relax mate. I nearly wet myself reading DICKO's post. I thought it was bloody funny!

Reply #202780 | Report this post

The lunch cutter  
Years ago

Hey if you want to rid yourselves of any spare office girl affairs, post their phone numbers here and I would be happy to knock em up and over for you.

Reply #202892 | Report this post

alex  
Years ago

mmm Interesting - We'll I say never shy away from a feed, cause you never know when you will go hungry. Obviously there are risks...but it's like everything in life. The only concern that I would have is if for some reason it turns out ugly, then what a bummer to be changing jobs (only if you enjoy working there that is).

Reply #230116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754