skip
Years ago

Sportal fantasy Dream Team - Hoops SA League 1

I've started a Sportal League. First in best dressed.

No doubt we may need to make a couple.

http://linky.com.au/fcpvn
http://nbl.sportalfantasy.com.au

League code is - SWG2L4JLR3

Bring it on!!

Topic #17221 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

It seems they have got lazy this season. No values along side the players. You get 4 guards, 4 forwards and 2 centres and may only pick 1 player from each club.

Reply #202922 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

Yeah how shit is that!!

Is there any other dreamteam comps?

Reply #202926 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Devastated! what a pathetic effort by Sportal. Hopefully the NBL website has one as well this year and continues with the old format.

Only one league?

And what's with the logo next to each player? The only one with any relevence to the player's team is the '36'.

Crap.

Reply #202935 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

What the Rickert not listed as a Centre???

Reply #202936 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

HTF are u supposed to trade when your only allowed one player from each team??? That means if a player goes down injured you have to trade him for someone of the same position... on the same team. This will not work.

Reply #202938 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Im in boys. Thanks for setting it up Skip. Good luck

Reply #202939 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Yea, it is certainly flawed. Once you chose a guard from say the Sixers, you can never have a forward or a centre from them.

Reply #202940 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

LOL yea XztatiK your right...
Its hard to only have 1 player from each team.
Also, why did they take they the salary cap out? It was way better with that in because it was then tactical and you had to be smart with your selections

Reply #202941 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

What kind of dickheads made this comp? Why did they need to change things? Even the scoring is different, now we will see high-scoring SGs become the best scorers rather than all-round stat gatherers like Redhage and Balls etc. They could have at least given the swingmen like Dave Thomas two positions (G/F) so we have more to choose from when we trade.

Most importantly, every time I log on I am going to see that stupid 'Football Superstar' ad. IT'S NOT FOOTBALL YOU STUPID SOFT WOGBALL FAGS!!!

Reply #202942 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

They made way too many palyers 'small'

For example guys like Ingles, Mackinnon, Grizzard, Barlow, Saville, Sheridan, and dave thomas are listed as guards when mosty of these players will be playing the forward spot for the season.

Also guys like Rickert, Rychart, Roselle Ellis/Hinder and Tragardh are listed as forwards when they will be playing centre mostly.

Without any salary cap, theres really no point of putting in cheap development players or bench warmers as nobody will select them.

Reply #202943 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

No advantage to the hours of research on new imports either lol.

Good call on Mackinnon, Grizzard and Saville. According to their positioning an NBL could play a team like this lol:

Anstey
Rickert
Tragardh
Grizzard
Mackinnon

Reply #202945 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This really does bite the big one...

There is zero incentive to go with a cheaper player or a new import and watching their value increase.

Reply #202946 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I liked last years comp with the value rising and salary cap. plus you weren't restricted to 1 player from a team

Reply #202949 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Wollongong don't have a centre. If anyone was dumb enough to select Rogers from Perth or Behrendorff from NZ, then if they got injured, you would be stuck with them for a loooong time because their the only centres listed for that team.

The Tigers starting 5 this season will probalby be:
C: Anstey
F: Grizzard
F: Mackinnon
G: Ebi Ere
G: Barlow

Both of their forwards are listed as guards and their starting 2 guard is listed as a forward.

oh jeez!

Reply #202950 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Try and log on to the site and it takes me to the EPL site..... Nice job Sportal.....

Reply #202951 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I think the objective now is to get players that can score a lot of points of of a lot of shots. It really does eliminate stat getters like redhage, ellis, ballinger, wortho because for every 4 rebounds that they get, it is as many points as a simple layup.

What are some players that you guys have?

So far I have:

C: Anstey
Rampton/Khazzouh?? Melmeth probs coz im getting James Harvey instead of derrick Low

G:Corey Williams
Kavossy Franklin
Kirk Penney
Derrick Low (thoughts on him?)

F: Adam Ballinger
Wortho
Redhage
Abney

Im thinking of getting Hinson for Redhage but I have redhage because he gets injured/starts doing bad then I can trade him for Loughton, Victor, Garlepp or Dowdell. I think the best bet is to go for players that have solid players of teh same team and position with them so if tehy get injured then you can easily replace them. eg Horvath/Burston dragons, Grizzard/Mackinnon/Barlow tigers, Bruton/Penney NZ

Reply #202952 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Looks like Sportal have cut their ties with virtualsports and decided to run their own fantasy comps. Great move Sportal, exactly what I expect from people who call soccer football.

Does anyone else think there is still a chance that the NBL website will run its own virtualsports DT again?

Reply #202953 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

On pre-season form, Derrick Low looks like he takes a LOT of shots! Could pay off seeing as points are worth so much now.

Reply #202954 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Last few hours for AFL Finals DT ppl. Code: 966390

aflfinals.virtualsports.com.au

Reply #202955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't find this anywhere - is it possible they've removed it?

Reply #202956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ignore my stupid previous post - found it.

Reply #202960 | Report this post

noice  
Years ago

Guards are shit.

How's that for an informative, useful post.

Faaark! So hard making a team in this sh!tty format.

Reply #202963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

league is full, whats the next league?

Reply #202964 | Report this post

basket 20  
Years ago

make one, then post the code on here

Reply #202965 | Report this post

noice  
Years ago

Grrrr.

It's says, "make onfield" if you want to sub in a player.

Onfield!!!!!

ANGER TIMES A MILLION!!!

Reply #202968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

next league = SVX2L4JLR3

Reply #202969 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

past post was mine....

new league = SVX2L4JLR3

Reply #202970 | Report this post

Nash2Stoudemire  
Years ago

I don't think you have to trade a player for another of the same team AND position, the rules page seems to indicate that you are allowed to make multiple adjustments and then hit 'save' when your done...

For example if you had Rodgers (centre) and Grizzard (guard) who both got injured... U could trade Rodgers for a Tigers centre and Grizz for a NZ guard before you make it final by pressing 'save'. If they allow multiple trades a round (3+) you would have a fair bit of flexibility to trade...

I'm not positive that's how it works but I think that is what the rules are saying...

P.S im not sticking up for Sportal... I think its crap too!!

Reply #202979 | Report this post

scooby  
Years ago

Nash

Thanx 4 that info. that makes it slightly better.

But i still think my interest levels into the comp will be significantly less than previous years, which sux.

I cant believe they have butchered it like that. Lazy bastards!!

Reply #202980 | Report this post

:O  
Years ago

the nbl probably complained and made them remove the salary cap format....

we can't have any proof out there that a salary cap can be run properly, even in a fantasy league

Reply #203016 | Report this post

katrina  
Years ago

just wondering where the rules can be found on the fantasy site... was just thrown by the one team one player format so would like to see what other suprises im in for

Reply #203017 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol :O

katrina, click on 'help' in the top right corner from memory.

Reply #203018 | Report this post

katrina  
Years ago

CRap crap crap

Reply #203022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Using the scoring system (as i interpret it) for the fantasy comp - i compared a few players from the dragons sixers game (box score --> http://linky.com.au/dwh00).

Hovrath 290
Worthington (220) <-- that's minus!
Schench 180
Bruce 20
Maher 120

If they continue to use that scoring system, there are going to be some wildly flucuating scores for players.

And it'll be only those who shoot at above 50% that'll get fantasy pts from points. The rest will be determined from 'other stats'.

Hmmmmm, may need to re-think my team.

Reply #203084 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Looking at Sportals 'fantasy' page, it looks like other sports like wogball have a fantasy comp like this AS WELL as a Dream Team. Pleeeease!!!

Reply #203267 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754