confused
Years ago

rule clarification please

jump ball at start of game -

player one misjudges ball and it skews off their arm onto the arm of the other jumper (player 2).

As they both come down player one grabs the ball with both hands and dribbles oof and attempts lay up.

Neither player got a clean tap as it skewed off both players arms.

I feel this is a violation.

Topic #17237 | Report this topic

confused  
Years ago

ball did not hit the ground - just tossed up - both players miscued in teh air and then it was grabbed on way down post juggle by a jumper.

Reply #203122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO it should be a re-jump, if no player clearly taps it. but technically it is a violation if one player grabs it before anyone else outside the circle has touched it

Reply #203124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a violation if no player outside the circle has touched the ball.

Reply #203133 | Report this post

LimitedAbility  
Years ago

or unless the ball hit the ground first (which in this case it didn't)

Reply #203138 | Report this post

Bring it!  
Years ago

It's a re jump after two attempts to tap the ball
so in this case it would be a violation for catching the ball prior to a legal tap by either jumper

Reply #203146 | Report this post

aristotle  
Years ago

please advise the refs at Hillcrest last Friday night

Reply #203168 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah we will just jump into our time machine.....

Reply #203204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I knew if i waited long enough some one would have a go at the refs during the finals. I presume this decision will now be blamed for the unravelling of 6 years of planning and development!

Reply #203216 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:08 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754