SKUX101
Years ago

Julian Khazzouh - is he ready to star?

I have really liked this guy. I remember seeing him play 2 years ago, and fair to say, he wasn't ready for the NBL.
But now, he is def. ready to play in this league. He isn't just ready to play, he is ready to contribute in a big way.
I saw his stats against the Japanese Pro team. He had 21 points,23 rebounds and 6 blocked shots. Those stats are crazy. I think that if he keeps developing, we can certainly see him playing alongside Jawai and Ogilvy at 2012 Olympics.
What does everything think about him?

Topic #17249 | Report this topic

Spetznatz  
Years ago

Never heard of him

Reply #203240 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I think he's bursting with potential. Could become a very good player. It's hard to tell but the potential is there. Will be interesting to see how he develops but I like him a lot.

Reply #203248 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Seems to be more on the net about him being a wookie in Star Wars than his basketball! The competition for a big man spot on the 2012 team is going to be extremely fierce, I'd be surprised if he'll be ahead of Bogut, Ogilvy, Jawaii or a veteren Andersen but stanger things have happened.

Reply #203254 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

No way will he ever play for the Boomers. He's a good young kid with plenty of talent, but he strikes me as one of those players like say a Ben Pepper, who just struggles to put it all together and become an all-out star. Hope I'm wrong though.

IMO his teammate Matty Knight is much more likely to become a star.

Reply #203256 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

He will be a good player

Couldnt see him going higher then NBL though

Reply #203317 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

He has europe written all over him I would think

Reply #203341 | Report this post

barbar  
Years ago

We need him in National team of lebanon

Reply #233810 | Report this post

barbar  
Years ago

We need him in National team of lebanon

Reply #233811 | Report this post

mark stanforth  
Years ago

This kid has gone to europe and done very well..
will be on a big contract next year. as far a being a ben pepper you have got to be joking, this kid was better than pepper in his rookie year...
he still has a long way to go befor he reaches his limit. he has also developed a very nice out side shot! Keep working hard

Reply #236436 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I liked what I saw of Khazzouh in a couple of NBL games. Seemed like a relentless offensive rebounder with a lot of energy. Didn't see much of an offensive post-up game though.

I think he will end up being one of the better big men in the NBL, but I agree with what Billo has said -he is up against it to play ahead of Bogut, Ogilvy, Jawai and probably Andersen (unless he has been put out to pasture by then).

I'd also add Luke Schenscher to that list. At the start of the season, I thought he'd be just another immobile Ben Pepper type, but he is way better, and took it to NBL big man benchmark Anstey in his rookie season.

Luke also offers something the Boomers need, which is the ability to catch the ball in the low post and score. As we saw at the Olympics, Anstey and Andersen are not low post scorers, and Nielsen is too small internationally. Jawai could be a force - but he is facing a tough learning curve in the NBA right now and the jury is out as to whether he will develop the low post skills he needs. Right now, I'd say Schenscher is better. If Jawai surpasses him by 2012 we will be in very good shape!

Reply #236446 | Report this post

kerdito  
Years ago

is he going to play for the australlian NT this summer?

Reply #239121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754