green
Years ago

lets get more bball on fta

With Fox Sports showing 15 NBL games this season, it is the least amount of basketball since the 1980's.I am asking for all hoop fans to email channel 9 to get
them to increase their NBL coverage and to broadcast basketball shows like NBA Action and NBA All Access.
channel 9 email [email protected]

Topic #17257 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

What happened to the last petition?

Reply #203338 | Report this post

MH  
Years ago

That petition was to ban all petitions.

It worked

Reply #203340 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Green.
Are you so naive that you think that a petition to any television station will have any effect? All the TV stations are interested in is ratings and revenue generation. Unless someone is prepared to SPONSOR a TV show it just won't happen. It would also have to be on a NATIONAL basis to generate enough exposure for a sponsor to get any value. None of the stations in Adelaide would even look at this type of venture because there would not be enough viewers to warrant the cost. Sure, like every basketball fan I would love to see games on free-to-air on a regular basis, but I'm realistic enough to know IT WON'T HAPPEN.

Reply #203370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

right here isaac! "http://www.petitiononline.com/bballtv/petition.html"

:)

Reply #203373 | Report this post

Ouch!  
Years ago

http://www.netball.asn.au/newsitem.asp?id=7627&orgID=1

WTF?

Reply #203382 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, and how has that petition gone so far? Has it been presented to the networks, and did it achieve its outcome?

IMO, it won't do anything but tell them that a handful of people have mobilised to make a request. That handful is still a minority and will be largely ignored.

We had NBL on 9 recently - did you watch it every single week? Did everyone you know watch it too? I suspect the numbers weren't great, unfortunately.

Reply #203419 | Report this post

oooh  
Years ago

if they had more guys like the manly and powerful LeBron or the luscious and sweet shooting Ray Allen then perhaps the rating would be sky high

Reply #203578 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754