missing in action
Years ago

West Missing

noticed west forfeited first Div 2 mens game and now a bye in the grade. Hopefully they be in soon - is it just a problem of season starting too soon and guys wanting a break - surely have numbers to get side together

Topic #17278 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

this club is in disaray

Reply #203604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed.
worst juniour club in state. lots of wooden spoons

Reply #203607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West won't change untill Bob Hunnerup, and the old time coach's who have ruiened the club with their old mentality. when they leave others will return.

Reply #203613 | Report this post

Basketball mum  
Years ago

I just want to point out that West have no coach's who are capable of development in juniors. I know a few youngish coach's who live and breath Westies but are at other clubs due to the fact that they believe if your not in Bob Hunnerups good books you can forget about getting a chance to progress.
I don't know how true this is but it is what they have told me, and they have indicated that once he moves on they'd be obliged to move back.

Reply #203615 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

And what about their football team!

Reply #203659 | Report this post

missing in action  
Years ago

bearcats play football??? what division ? what are they called
i dont think thats not right - they have to have a club
i know number guys play juniors for districts and ramblers

Reply #203683 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Apparently there's a guy moving to SA, he's supposed to be a fantastic baller...can't remember his name though?

Simon or Simo or something?

Anyone know who I'm talking about?

Reply #203685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon Pajdic?

Reply #203690 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

What's going on here?
This forum is for bagging Tigers, Centrals or dare I mention Magic?
Anybody with brains would know of the injury ridden season West had in ABA. Do you think everybody was saving themselves for the Summer Season?
Yes, lack of space between Main season & Mickey Mouse season has affected many clubs.
West are struggling with lack of Juniors coming through- Spud, Kurtis, Molitor, Zakarjak, and a number of others who got a sniff of Junior basketball due to the high injury rate. Get real!

Reply #203691 | Report this post

Twigs  
Years ago

its not just the men tho
it happens in juniors as well
i've played district for 7 years and not one of those years, when having a first game against westies have we had to play. they will forfeit and it happens across the board, not just in my divisions.

injury rate isn't really a valid excuse is it either? every club has injuries, it comes with the game and i would suggest that most clubs probably have very similar injury rates as well.

if you think its so high maybe you should look at the injuries and y they are occuring, the players may need some conditioning work to strengthen certain muscles.

Reply #203693 | Report this post

disappointed  
Years ago

Same old people at West, same old story at West. It's like a revolving door down Port Adelaide way.

Reply #203695 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

It's a shame for basketball, because it wasn't that long ago that they were a very powerfull club. Basketball needs a team in the Western suburbs firing. Without bagging, can someone from inside the club make a comment about what they feel is missing at a club like Westie's or has it already been said?

Reply #203709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good management and good coaches, a junior development system that involves clinics advertising etc to get young kids into the club to help to improve the numbers

Reply #203718 | Report this post

Wayville  
Years ago

22 teams says numbers don't seem to be a problem on the Boys side. Results seem to be more the issue.

Reply #203723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*there needs to be a change in the way the club is run from junior development through to the aba program. the lack of organisation is hurting the club.

Reply #203760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And a lack of leadership.

Reply #203833 | Report this post

wheellee  
Years ago

West are faced with a biger problem than most people can see it is calded the sea on one side and a social club called magic on the other side . You can't recruit players from the sea and the players they try and reciut from the small area they have to get players from quite offen end up being poached by magic . They offer them half price fees and they can do this because they don't have the same cost as foundered clubs . They also don't tell them they can't play div 1 , if all these social clubs are allowed to stay in the district comp the clubs in the areas which are in low population areas are going to find it a lot harder . As for the young coaches west have lost to other clubs ask Bob why they have gone instead of gessing

Reply #203952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and to people bagging bobby, bobby is probably one of the few things that is right at this club at the moment he puts a lot of time and effort into it, without him id hate to see where west would be

Reply #203960 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

203960 Are you on drugs or something?? Or is that you Bob?? Bob is the reason everyone is leaving. The club need to move with the times and go forward

Reply #203968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754