Jasmine
Years ago

Maher's shooting % dropping

Obviously I'm not starting this thread to bash Brett Maher. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love and respect the guy and he is having a tremendous season. I'm just mentioning these stats because I've been noticing the trend and wondered what others think.

Following the Kings game, Brett Maher is now shooting 43% for the season and 38% 3-pointers.

For the first 12 games of the season Maher was shooting 47% and 43% 3-pointers.

In the 11 games since that he has played he has shot at 37% and 32% 3-pointers.

That is, obviously, a drop of 10% and 11%, which is a fair bit.

He has not shot at 50% or better in a game since the 27th November against the Tigers.

Noticeably, the drop off began and has continued since the only 2 games of the season that he hasn't played. If memory serves me correctly, it was a back injury? Are these injuries still bothering him perhaps?

Over the first 12 games when Maher was shooting well, the Sixers were 8-4. In the 11 games since while his shooting percentage has dropped the Sixers are 7-4. The Sixers lost both games he didn't play. The win/loss records are not greatly different, which is interesting.

Now clearly Maher provides a hell of a lot more than just shooting for the Sixers. His so-far career high in assists per game show that alone. The shooting is a bit of a concern, but hopefully it will improve going into the playoffs. What do others think?

Topic #1728 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Which Kings game are you referring to? We've had 4!!!

Reply #19640 | Report this post

gun dad  
Years ago

send him to the dome on friday night juniors - for a scrap with pascoe and myself.

we'll teach him the ropes of strokin net

Reply #19643 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Maher's thumb injury probably has a lot to do with it. Not sure though if it is completely heeled. That is where the drop off in shooting percentages began.

Reply #19645 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Billo...the Kings game last night.

EC...I forgot about the thumb injury. In fact he had multible injuries at one stage didn't he. That could well be the reason.

Reply #19646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget his assists have also increased in the same time, so whilst he may not be finding the basket himself, he is finding the players who ARE finding the baskets.

Reply #19655 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I don't mind if hes shooting 41% becasue when he takes THE BIG SHOTS when we need them he makes around 70% of those money baskets.

Driving jumper over Sanford last week! So sweet

Reply #19668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon they should sack him, and give the bench players more of a go.

Reply #19892 | Report this post

shooter  
Years ago

please tell me Todd Gower you are not posting as one of the 36ers? or if you are realy Todd himself.....
I do think Todd deserves more of a go though if he is on the list

Reply #19895 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Why did you remove the name to Anonymous?

Reply #20001 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

*change the name

Reply #20002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because it wasn't Todd Gower posting.

Reply #20018 | Report this post

Todd Gower  
Years ago

Yes it was.

Reply #20020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754