the doc
Years ago

interested to know

I was reading a recent forum this week regarding are your kids getting ripped off by their district clubs.

With my son about to enter the div.4 senior comp on top of junior committments, someone raised the point that the reality is that the actual costs for a div 4 player is the same as the div 1 players and that
the reason clubs like Norwood need so many teams is so that they can compensate for a lack of alternate revenue streams like bar and canteen because BSA take all the money for competitions. they then went on to say that the only way to move forward, is to have the clubs run domestic competitions and improve revenue streams through social teams but felt the problem is, that the clubs would probably turn around and waste it on Senior teams so that they can win an ABA Championship thinking that it will bring them long term overall club success.

I was just interested to know if anyone can elaborate on this further and how an ABA Championship brings revenue to the club. Is their prizemoney at stake for the club or players for winning the championship? And do div.4 coaches get paid or reimbursed for their contribution to the club? Just wondering.

Topic #17298 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm interested to know why you couldn't come up with a more relevant and less retarded topic title.

Reply #203769 | Report this post

the doc  
Years ago

oh my god I'm so offended anonymous... I'm interested to know why you couldn't come up with a more relevant and less retarded name for your posting other than the old original, "oh my god, i'm too scared to identify my thoughts to my name, ANONYMOUS"

Please note i don't mean to offend anyone that use this for there postingsonly those who post stupid and pointless postings. amen

Reply #203807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches get nothing. Doing it for the love.

No prize money for ABL, just a drain on club resources.

Reply #203848 | Report this post

The Astor  
Years ago

Same as NBL teams think. If you win, people will come through the door to support the team.

Problem is that due to it's low popularity, ABA doesn't make enough money to cover it's costs.

ie, trainings, uniforms, game day costs, etc.

Most clubs would spend $15K on the salary cap, Another $5-$10K on coaches salaries, and then other $25K on other stuff.

At $5 per head over 9 games you would need 1000+per game to make a profit.

Reply #203868 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754