Oldhead
Years ago

36ers Coaching Staff

Would the 36ers coaching staff be the least experienced in the league??

Will this have much of an effect on the groups performance or do the playing group have the nous to get it done?

Topic #17323 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Scott is the man.

The critical skill required is leadership.

Reply #203929 | Report this post

Leopard  
Years ago

Does not compare to Dragons or Tigers.

Reply #203932 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The last sixers coach was one of the most experience coaches in the league and I wouldn't say his experience helped him at all and was rather average (mostly at the end of his coaching career).

Ninnis has already done a brilliant job recruiting! If that is anything to go by we can look forward to a great season as well as future season.

Reply #203936 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Al Westover did not have to many problems and had even less experience than Scott when he took over the Tigers.

Reply #203942 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

They proberly are the least experienced, but KingJames said....

Ninnis has already done a brilliant job recruiting! If that is anything to go by we can look forward to a great season as well as future season.

How will he handle pressure of being a head coach in the NBL?

Well that will be up to Scott and Richard to figure out.
IMO....they will both do a great job and get the 6ers back on track because lets face it they have been crud under Smyth for the last couple of years.
They bring a new era to Adelaide and yes they may have a few hiccups over this season (maybe they wont and 6ers excel) but give them a chance to show us they are ready for the "Big Time", what have we to lose?
The rest is up to them and the players because when it comes down to it
"that's what they get paid for!"

Reply #203943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's not panic here guys. Scottie's been around the NBL circuit as a player, & at that level as an assistant coach for quite some time. He was welcomed here as an assistant in a very successful program, left to pursue a positive opportunity in Townsville, & must surely regret foregoing that to sucked in by the Dragons' opening. Believe me, he'd know full well that his future is in his own hands as Head Coach of the 36ers. He would've made absolutely sure that the team (players/support) he picked, was in everyone's best interests.
Tthe ink's dried, & deals are done. Don't get squeamish before the season's started.
I'm sure that anyone involved in our infrastructure, would gladly swap the pressures that they're put under, for the measly price of a season ticket.
Bring it on.

Reply #203951 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

We will know soon enough if he can coach and if the recruits he has got in are any good.He said he got who he wanted can't be any excuses he has said so himself.He said in the paper there are no excuses so I am saying bring it on

Reply #203969 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

He has had plenty of assistant experience and this is the natural next step, I dont expect it to affect him too much.

he also has been able to pretty much pick his own side, so they should be able to play how he requires.

I have the faith and fully expect a top 6 finish, there are sure to be times when he makes a mistake as a result of being a rookie...but i have seen experienced coaches make mistakes as a result of being around too long.

LETS GO SIXERS.. LETS GO!!!

Reply #203971 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

What is his coaching record as an assistant in the NBL?Who was he an assistant with and was he a first or second assistant and where did they finish does anyone know?I don't think the other 2 have any NBL experience except for Flynn who had a minor role last season is that right?

Reply #203972 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nifty

I don't see your point. Let's just wait and see.

Reply #203982 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Won Championships with Sturt at ABL level too..

Wasn't the coach formerly known as Phil Smythe a rookie coach in his first year when the Sixers won the Championship?

Reply #203998 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

From memory, as an assistant in Townsville, the team did extremely poorly. As an assistant with the Dragons, same thing. Ninnis does not have a successful coaching record. Hopefully its because as an assistant, he didn't have control of the reins.

Reply #204000 | Report this post

Years ago

Ec, you continue to slag Ninnis.
You site his time at the Crocs and Dragons as evidence of "not having a successful coaching record".
How convenient you left out his 6 odd years as an Assistant here with the 36ers.
Whether he had an ounce of input or not, you cannot state one example without the other because if you stacked it up I would suggest 2 Championships and a very high win/loss ratio overall would translate to success.
But hey, who am I to deprive you from another chance to put the boot in?

Reply #204006 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I actually complimented him by saying its probably because he didn't have control of the reins. If he did, the teams may have performed better.

Reply #204009 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754