steve
Years ago

Cancelled my Fox coverage

is anyone really pissed at fox sports ???
i just cancelled my fox sports channels on finding out about there poor coverage of the nbl.
the kings folded because they couldnt draw a crowd,like most sporting events in sydney!!
i figure the nrl coverage will be next as there crowds dwindle in sydney.
a pattern developing in sydney!!
so,we have 10 teams packed with talent and we cant watch, bring on reform!!

Topic #17349 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Their coverage doesn't start for a few weeks and will include just the one game per week, plus (from about round 10 onwards) possibly a Breakers game thanks to Sky/Maori TV. If you get Fox just for the NBL, you'd have to wonder if it's worth it - could even work out to be more than an average game ticket?

If you do cancel your subscription, be sure to let them know that their reduced coverage of the league is a key reason for your decision.

Reply #204162 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have rung foxtel and asked about the NBL programmes, they have told me that as of October there will be 2 games per week. One Wednesday and one Saturday night covered.

I said i wanted to quit Foxtel and they said fair enough we will send a box out to you to send us back the receiver box and remote.

Kind of back fired a little.

Reply #204164 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Austar gave me 5 mths @$20 off per month, when I threatened to cancel my Box TOP.

I still may do it once NBL has finished

Reply #204166 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

just drop the sports package, go to fox sports web site and send an email explaining why!!
they need to understand that everyone(except sydney)is pissed off!!

Reply #204174 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'm more pissed off at the fact that they call all soccer programs 'football'. I still find myself viewing it for 2 seconds and realising its not football and then throwing something :(

Reply #204202 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kent, how did they let you go so easily? Everytime I call to cancel, they offer me free programs for a month. When the next month comes, I call again and they still won't let me go giving me even more freebies. However, I did say the reason for wanting out if that I get little value out of what I pay because the lack of NBL games on Fox Sports and also the starter pack you have to start with containing not a single channel that I watch. I suggested that packages should be tailor made for people according to the channels they want and only pay for those. They insist that they can't change the packages and I insist that when the freebies stop coming, so does my money to them.

Reply #204209 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

when you have cancelled your fox sports package go to there web site and click on [email protected] and give them a rev

Reply #204215 | Report this post

Sir Alex Ferguson  
Years ago

Xztatik,

Aussie soccer changed its name to football a few years ago. It is called football by the rest of the world which is the reason Soccer Australia changed its (and their) name. This was done so the Aussie version of the sport would fit with the rest of the world market.

I guess, if you look at it closely, it is more foot ball than rugby, aussie rules and gridiron which all call themselves football.

I believe you have a problem if it takes you 2 seconds to realise you are watching the wrong sport!!!

Reply #204319 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

ok then 0.5 seconds. And I don't really give a schensch what they call that moronic activity in 'the rest of the world' (Europe). In Australia, football is Aussie Rules. Just like in America it's gridiron and in Kazakhstan it's gypsy-kicking.
And why should soccer have the name 'football' just because the only thing they use their hands for is holding opponents off by the ballingers??? (see soccersucks.net for evidence of this).
If you wanna call it football, I will call it wogball :P

Reply #204569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754