Corey
Years ago

T - 2 days....It's 6ers time!!

Almost 48 hrs until tip-off!!

Who is pumped for the first game, backed up by another game in 5 days time? I certainly know I am pumped for this season!

I'm looking forward to a few things:
- New look team & coach
- New look plays & teamwork
- New sound system
- Cold Beer!
- Just being there & the atmosphere (hopefully will pull a good crowd first up!)

Let's go u 6ers!

Topic #17353 | Report this topic

sharpeshooter  
Years ago

Anyone know what the ticket sales are like for fridays game... not sure if i'm gonna need to pre book or rock up at the gate?

Reply #204187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well u should pre-boobk regardless of sales to get best possible seat. otherwise u could end up behind backboards or a fair way away. I booked at venuetix a week before the game a got a seat 4 row from the back of the gold section near the centre line.

Reply #204192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My non season ticketing mates have already got their tickets.

Pumped for this season for sure. Aaron Bruce is a stud ! Elite !

Reply #204196 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For those interested, David Cooper is playing his 200th consecutive NBL game - excellent record for a centre:

Adelaide centre David Cooper is playing his 200th consecutive match since he last missed a match in February 2002. Cooper has blocked more shots than any other active player in the past five seasons, with Cooper having blocked 199 shots in his 129 games with the Sixers. He is third all-time on Adelaide's shot blocking chart behind Mark Davis (301) and Bill Jones (243).
Well done Coops.

The NBL also notes:

Adelaide's three new players gives them the freshest team in the competition this season with Sydney's two new imports making them the only other team in the NBL that is introducing more than one new face in their main squad. Mark Tyndale, Derrick Low, David Gruber and South's Tremmell Darden make up the list of only four imports that are new to the league in 2009.
In addition, Luke Schenscher and Aaron Bruce will try to become just the third and fourth Australian players in 36ers history to score double-figures on debut, an exclusive club.
That club currently stands at just two with Brett Maher the most recent with 11 points in his first game back in 1992. Darryl Pearce was the first when he posted 14 points for Adelaide City back in 1982.

Reply #204199 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Can't wait to see the new lighting system (old system but without the glare from Smyth's head)

Reply #204201 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Homicide Williams is coming to Adelaide.

Reply #204205 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

3rd all time already in blocked shots. Great work Coops.

Reply #204233 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I'm glad someone started this thread. I'd almost forgotten the season had even started. In fact I did forget the actual season start, I only realised the games had started when they showed the empty Sydney stadium on the news. Great marketing, Chuckster!!

Reply #204256 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

New Coach,
New Offences, and
New Sound System.

Hopefully the food outlets will be new and the Coopers flowing.

Reply #204269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hooray...i got my ticket, not too many seats available from what i saw but i picked after looking at 2 sections...

Reply #204317 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I see a little problem with that NBL quote

"Adelaide's three new players gives them the freshest team in the competition this season with Sydney's two new imports making them the only other team in the NBL that is introducing more than one new face in their main squad."

Ah

Tigers, recuited more than one new player
Breakers same
Hawks yes
Perth yep new faces there

Reply #204324 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

I will also throw in another error. Brad Hill had 17 on debut as a sixer.

Reply #204325 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Judging from their math skills, the NBL staffer responsible for those quotes must be the same one who checks for salary cap breaches.

Reply #204332 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Kent, by new faces, I assume that they mean new to the league. Adelaide has Schencher, Bruce and Tyndale. I don't think that the Breakers have any do they? Wildcats have Weigh and that is is. Tigers have Daniel Johnson (although I don't think he is in the 10?). Wollongong only have Tylor Goodall.

I agree it is confusing, but I am not sure it is an error.

Reply #204339 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Fair enough XY i read it a different way.

Reply #204341 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I just read the article, and a couple of paragraphs further up it was referring to 'NBL debuts'. I can see how the 'freshest team' though is open to interpretation.

Reply #204342 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Ben Fitz, Hill had 17 in his HOME debut, but 8 (from memmory) in his first NBL game (in Sydney?).

Reply #204360 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754