Tork
Years ago

Tonite's game on the radio??

Is tonite's 6ers game on the radio and if so wat channel?

Topic #17382 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

www.nbl.com.au
www.adelaide36ers.com.au

Had a look around?

If you're still struggling it's on ABC.

Reply #204507 | Report this post

Tork  
Years ago

Its not on abc cause of the footy. U no the frequency?

Reply #204508 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

2 points up at halftime. 49 - 47.

Reply #204511 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

10 points up with 7 to go in the third. 62-52.

Reply #204512 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

ABC has game on abc.net.au/adelaide
3/4 time Sixers up 80-67

Reply #204515 | Report this post

BigJ  
Years ago

Streaming on ABC - Local Radio 891. Go to www.abc.net.au/adelaide/radio and follow the links

Reply #204516 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Moose, it seems we are the only two on this site. The rest must be at the game.

Reply #204517 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Nice, up 10 with 10 to go. TYndale a couple of baskets shy of a double double on debut, Bruce's numbers very impressive, some good signs.

Reply #204518 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Theres a few of us non SA crew on here....
does anyone actually use the real radio anymore - I was refering to the online stream Tork.

Reply #204519 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Nice, back to back threes from Tyndale and Bruce (who's 2 assists shy of a double double himself). All over you'd have to say, 16 point with 5 mins.

Reply #204520 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

You bloody ripper, tearing it up now! Can't wait till everyone gets home from the game and puts their comments up here. Great start to the new regime though, bloody fanstastic!!

Reply #204521 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

we win 109 to 82

Reply #204522 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

Final score: Sixers 109 - 82 (52% - 34%)
Rebounds 56 - 41
Maher 22 Ballinger 21 Bruce 21
Crowd 4749

Reply #204523 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great way to start the season, good confidence booster for the whole 'unknown' of team and coaching staff.

Bruce put in a stellar performance going on the stat line....

Reply #204524 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Yeah, Bruce did a great job. Had 21 points and 10 assists and still only 2 to's. Gotta say the Crocs shot themselves, going 3/23 from 3-point is a disgrace.

Reply #204526 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Thought Maher was best in the first half, and Bruce got better as the game went on, as did Tyndale.

Reply #204528 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good result to start the season. Great debuts from Tyndale and Bruce going by the boxscore. Waiting to see the MPG. (Still in NY, so couldn't make the game.)

Reply #204530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just got home....

Aaron Bruce is elite ! Suprrb player and will be the recruit of the season.

Mark Tyndale is just a baby. He's 22 and will improve. But you can tell he can play. Good passer....excellent rebounder and a good defender. A bit of a glue guy. Talks a lot during defence which is good. You could see he improved as the game went on. If he can do it all and hit the open jumper he's a keeper.

Luke is massive. Will lead the league in blocks and change so many shots which he wont get stats for. Can play and will end up starting.

Maher and Ballinger - Money !

Exciting start. I get the feeling that by mid season....we will have a well oiled machine. An exciting season.

PS. Good to see us just dump the ball in to Schensch throughout the game. Not many peeps can stop him.

Reply #204531 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes spot on 204531, and good atmosphere and entertainment, enjoyed it.. felt like there was more there.

Reply #204532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with 204531 except that I was not that impressed by Luke. He is about as athletic as a wet cloth.

Reply #204533 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

But he's 7ft 1in. did enough tonite, to suggest he'll be handy to have.

Reply #204534 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

An excellent start. Bruce is a star, a flat out star. Maher hit a trio of dagger triples in the first half and was sublime for 21 points. Ballinger benefited from some great setups from both Bruce and Tyndale and returned 21 and 7. Tyndale's first half was a dog, as he struggled to find the pace of the game. His second half was great, and 16/14/6 is a good debut, considering that's about what Chappell recorded in total for his first three games. Schenscher was interesting, he is somewhat lumbering and oafish, but got himself in position well and a couple of blocked shots in the second half was great to see. Winitana was excellent off the bench, and Holmes found a way to be very effective despite shooting 2/6. Davidson didn't play much but was effective when he did, though he looks very much like someone who missed most of the preseason. Hill had a reasonable cameo in the first half. Cooper was out of place, and the rotation when he and Schenscher were both on was not a good move in this game (but might have its place against other teams). Eze drilled a deep three 8 seconds after entering the game, and coach Ninnis was very involved and animated on the sidelines, with an intensity that has been sadly deficient for the past four years.

For Townsville, Corey Williams was magnificent in the first, Hinder and Ellis good throughout, but the remainder were garbage.

For the refs, Haines was quite good, Kersten had some shockers, and Hunt's game was a disgrace. He fell on his ass at one point in the second half and that was his best contribution to the game.

On the venue, the music DOES NOT NEED TO BE SO LOUD, and I cannot believe that they ran out of hotdogs in the South stand kiosk, given that it is a 7pm game and people are going to want to eat something. The crowd was reasonable and got quite vocal as we pulled away in the later part of the third.

Bring on the Spirit!

Reply #204535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice write up Mutley. Did you go hungry???

Reply #204536 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I did actually.

Reply #204538 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I love the way the detailed writeup includes which specific kiosk ran out of hotdogs! Classic.

Reply #204541 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

I thought Bruce was a shade more productive than our last Number 7!

Reply #204542 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

A great game. The intro was really good and set the right atmosphere. Loved the lights out aspect.
Bruce is a GUN. Very, very good. Should be in Boomers team soon.
Maher. Money! How good is he? When he reitres he will deservedly go alongside Gaze as one of Aust all time greats.
Tyndale started slow but improved as the game went. Showed hes willing to do whatever he can to help the team.
Winitana struggled with his shot but is a real energy guy. I like his role on the team.
Holmes struggeld to get into the game or have an impact.
Ballinger excellent as usual. Will score a lot thanks to Bruce.
Schenscher struggled for the main, but the Crocs aren't a team that would suit him. He is slow and your poster child for the big white stiff. Needs to attack the ring, seems a bit soft. Still will be useful.

Most importantly, Ninnis was real good. Made the subs at the right time. Let his team play when they were going strong and then subbed once they started to look flat. I thought he did an excellent job tonight.

Atmosphere was great. Music a bit loud, but generally it looked like a bit of thought had gone into the evening.

Only negative was half time. There was nothing but that annoying bloke on the microphone. It really lost the atmosphere and took a while to get back. Why the hell aren't the cheerleaders doing some routines at half time if there is nothing else organised??

Reply #204546 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Mutley - 16/14/6 a "good debut"?

Possibly a tad harsh as that sounds better than good?

Reply #204549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or were the cheerleaders "falling out" of their uniforms ?

Reply #204551 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

Hodge >>> Tyndale.

Reply #204552 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

might as well give my quick thoughs though its been said already, bruce is a star and ROY just great passing and does not get flustered at all. Tyndale really came on as he got over the nerves or what have you, he is a hodge like player in that he is all over the place and has a great rebounding nose, he reminds me of Iggy a little bit (more his shape than play) luke will work well for what he needs to do. Brett not much you can say he is all class and just keeps rolling on.

My concern is with the holmes, ballinger, cooper, luke rotation and how the touches will work out. 1st half ballinger was not getting much and when he finally got the ball with some decent looks it all turned around. Anyway bring on wednesday.

Reply #204554 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

oh jeah the were falling out....its a good thing.

Reply #204555 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Bruce, ROY. Bank it now. I dunno if any decent sports betting sites still do NBL, but if they do, I'd serious be putting money on Bruce. I know its only one game, but he's a LOCK. His passing and ball-carrying skills are ridiculous, and he is a very capable shooter.

Brett looked better than he has in years, and if Scottie can keep him in the 25-30 mpg, SG role he played tonight, he should have a seriously good year.

I actually thought Ballinger had a quiet night (despite putting in 20 on 10/18 shooting), he had 3 or 4 shots roll out that would normally go in for him, and should have had closer to 30 than 20 IMO.

The stats made Tyndale's game look better than it was, he can definitely defend and made some nice passes at times, but has got some rust to get rid of still.

Big Luke showed enough to be encouraging, but does look mighty unco out there at times, Coops did has bit, Hill and Winitana were solid, and Davo was serviceable despite clearly not being at 100% yet.

Great to see Eze get in the game ... Like Mutley, I was pissed that they ran out of hotdogs ... and don't even get me started on the umpiring!

Reply #204558 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

We only had 2 wins by a greater margin for the whole of last season. I'm calling a return to the halcyon days when a trip to do the dome by any team outside the top 2 resulted in an automatic arse whipping.

Reply #204561 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Anyone know crowd numbers??

Reply #204562 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

4749 crowd

Reply #204563 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ohhh sooo good. I'm excited as hell about this season now.

Bruce: A bit early to be making huge statements like "the best pg in the league". or anything... but he is.

Maher: WOW what a shooting night! Love the old school socks too.

Tyndale: Started VERY shaky but certainly came good in the 2nd half and looks a great rebounder for his size. Showed a bit of flair when he was on that late run too.

Holmes: Looked a bit out of place in the rotation despite starting. Still a class player.

Schenscher: Couldn't fit his name on the scoreboard and he could hardly fit in the restaurant after the game. Egan showed how dangerous Townsville consider him by hacking him at every oppurtunity. Will get more minutes as his fitness returns.

Winitana: Brilliant D. Brilliant.

Hill: Looks stronger. Promising.

Ninnis: Coached very, very well. It is obvious that they have worked on their D and rotations were good.

Referees: Captain Baldy was an absolute disgrace!!! Other two were good.

Sound System: Very hard to make out the words in the pre-game when it's that loud.

Crowd: Very average.

Dancers:):):)

Post-game function/interviews: Fantastic! Had a chat to Bruce and Schensch and the interviews were good.

And to top it all off, the highlight of my evening: I personally called Russell Hinder a wanker during his warm-down. Felt great :P

Disappointing to see that there is a month between home games after Wednesday but like everyone else I can't wait to see the game. Remember to get in early to see the curtain raiser too: Cabra vs. Concordia at about 5.30 I think.

Reply #204564 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

i couldnt make the game last night, but sounds like i missed a cracker! I know its in the past, but the comment above about Ninnis letting guys play when they are doing well and subbing when they are tired is just so basic, but in stark contrast to phil's ridiculous fixed rotation coaching. that's it - my last phil comment ever. sounds like this team will give us plenty of reasons to forget the last few years!

Reply #204574 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bruce was awesome. ROY will be his if he can stay healthy. In fact if eh can keep doing what he did, he could make all-star 5 as the PG.

Reply #204578 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

Aaron Bruce is an absolute gun. Ball handling
& awareness reminds me of a Steve Nash. Luke will get better they needed to give it more to him in the post down real low he'd score 9 times outa 10 i reckon. Maher was stuck on automatic pure class. Our team is so deep alot of scoring options. A few times we had defensive black outs Hommicide got through a bit too easy...
Tyndale got beta as the game went on.

Reply #204584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the crowd couldn't get into the game so I felt a lil flat after, but I'm still stoked with the win gonna be an awaesome season. Highlight Baldy falling flat on his arse and I can't believe no one has mentioned Holmes dacking Hinder (pulling down his shorts) in the last few minutes that lead to a lil rumble

Reply #204586 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Mutley, you hit the nail on the head mate with your summary. Bruce is the first pure point guard we've had here since Rick Brunson...and Davidson to a lesser extent, but on a different level. He's young and could be our next Brett Maher if we can keep him in the league and away from the lures of Europe.

I'm excited about the season, but I don't think we've got the most exciting team we've ever assembled (in terms of highlight reel excitement). But, this reminds me more of our 98/99 championship teams...a very deep roster and some good role players. I don't rate Townsville at all...they will struggle...but we smashed them and IMO we can only get better as we gel better.

Luke will get better. Once he starts making those baby hooks (and free throws) he could be a powerhouse. Tyndale looks a bit like a poor man's version of Julius Hodge. The bloke isn't going to have the same scoring impact (judging on tonight's performance) but his hussle board points will be huge...will lift the team.

Match-day experience was above average. Certainly some teething problems being the first game, but they will improve. A solid crowd considering the start of the NBL season didn't have much fanfare.

BTW, who wants to place bets on which girl will pop out of those fantastic outfits first? I'm going with the blonde who sits closest to the basket. Certainly adds to the viewing from my angle!!!

Great start to they year guys!

Reply #204594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decent crowd, especially as junior finals were being played on the same night.

Reply #204599 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Not much for me to add to previous comments. Bruce was awesome, has a good handle and made good passes, but needs to work on getting everyone involved, I thought Balls was starved of the ball for long periods. However, in spite of our depth at PG (Bruce, Dave, Maher, plus Tyndale looks like he can bring the ballup too), there was one moment of concern, the first time they threw a press at us, it looked like everyone forgot the drill, and Bruce couldn't get himself open. We looked better against the press after the first time, but still looked shaky. Something for Scottie to work on during the next couple of days.

Tyndale gave me flashbacks to last year - the first half he looked like Chappelle, the second half like Hodge. If I was to sum up his performance in one word it would be "smart" - he didn't force anything, didn't try anything fancy, just did his job within the team concept and took the opportunities that presented. He had 4 points at the half IIRR, but just steadily accumulated points in the second half.

I disagree with what others have said, I think Schensher was awful. I even wondered if he was an upgrade on Dench. It seemed to me the main difference between Schench and Dench was he took and missed shots from closer, but at least he doesn't have a paint allergy. Like Dench, he didn't seem to know what to do when he got the ball and would "freeze". I didn't think he guarded the ring that well, either, he was slow to rotate defensively - I would rate Cooper higher. On the plus side, he's tall, and won't get any shorter as the season progesses.

Reply #204604 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i do thing luke did as you put it "freeze" a little as well, i think he was trying to hold the ball up and look for some cutters or open men with his height. The positive is that due to his height he has a little bit more time to get himself out of trouble.

Reply #204615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did you guys think of the Singlets? I think they look pretty good although the advertisment for Sprint Auto Parts is a bigger then the "36ers" text.

Reply #204643 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Pretty average I thought. the jerseys don't match with the shorts (the yellow bit on the side is bigger on the jerseys)

Reply #204645 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Mantis - what are smoking? Are you expecting Luke just to drop step and dunk it on the nearest guy aka Shaq when he was 23??? The guy is a role player, will always be a role player and if we get 10 and 10 out of him every night, plus some blocks, he has done his job. Coops is lucky if he gets 4 points a game.

The guys is going to be a massive post presence in the key at both ends and will look for the cutters first, then look for his baby hook. The Crocs crapped the croc skins every time he touched the ball one on one on the block hence Egan and co getting fouls trying to grab and hack.

Let's remember, he's 7ft and he ain't going to be an Aaron Bruce with speed, but he altered a lot of shots, and shut down any inside play in the second half.

I think your assessment of him lacked any understanding of how the Sixers will use him and what his strengths are as a player.

Reply #204654 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pretty average I thought. the jerseys don't match with the shorts (the yellow bit on the side is bigger on the jerseys)

I believe that will be fixed a few weeks into the season.

Reply #204706 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754