Anonymous
Years ago

Boti Nagi Continues Tirade, Hoops TV Mentioned

"It was largely aimed at those weekend armchair columnists, TV talking-tools and radio-rabbits who want to use the NBL as a punchline without doing an ounce of investigative work before sounding off, mostly erroneously."

- And the Hoops TV part
"AND Seamus McPeake had the perfect explanation why his Tigers are NOT rorting the cap this season. Everyone's favourite administrator told an ace Adelaide video team his Melbourne Tigers were spending as they did last year because Rod Grizzard, Ebi Ere and Sam Mackinnon were, in fact, replacing not three but four players  Darryl McDonald, Dave Thomas, Sean Lampley AND David Stiff.

Ah of course. Now it all makes sense.

(Of course, it only makes sense if you accept the premise Melbourne was under the salary cap last year in the first place. D'oh!)"

More: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24384816-5006371,00.html

Topic #17427 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti Nagy*

Reply #205005 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

The dude is scaring journos away from covering any NBL at all.

Reply #205021 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Why did Ben Fitz take Seamus on harder?

We all know they are cheating the cap.

Reply #205045 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

McPeake doesnt expect us to believe those 3 not getting paid more than 2 inexpensive imports and 2 plyrs on last legs in D Mac and Stiffy who cant get a contract anywhere.They would be inthe vincinity of $400 -500 k over .
However I think it time for the benefit of Sixers that Boti backs off the NBL slamming and sarcasm and right some more positive spins on the season and especially the Sixers teams. get people to the games and that will help to convert more to what will be a exciting season

Reply #205080 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I disagree......I think with a planned revamp of the NBL next season and a "new look" sport, NOW is the perfect time to start airing the dirty laundry.

I think the more public the issues are, then the more likely they are to get PROPERLY addressed when it comes time to putting things in place for the new competition.

I want to see Seamus shamed into NOT being any part of the new board or decision making process. The conflict of interest is deadly to ANY new comp. I want the NBL to be aware that the public realises that the caps are a joke and DO something about it. They need to know that fans are upset about rorting. Whinging on an internet forum is not going to do the job. The issues need to become more mainstream.

They've come out and said that it's going to be revamped. How well they do that job will decide the future of our once great sport. The more open and honest debate of the issues, the better.

Reply #205085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754