skip
Years ago

Dragons played with Six on the court.

it appears the dragons could be in a spot of bother following their game on Sunday in Perth. Reports are that for a short while in the last quarter, they had 6 on the court.

http://linky.com.au/nhxlo

How will the NBL handle this one? Fine, Loss of Points, Do Nothing?

Topic #17437 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

WWCHD? (What Would Chuck Harmison Do?)

Reply #205089 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Is the answer ask Seamus?

Reply #205090 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Gotta love that Wildcats coach Conner Henry is quoted as saying "...I hate learning processes" at the bottom of the article. Just the attitude you want from your coach LOL

Reply #205092 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

This is kinda like the salary cap IMO. You can't blame teams for rorting it, if it isn't policed. Same thing with the six on court. That is what the refs/officials are there for. I am not in the slightest bit surprised that at least three NBL refs cannot count to six. There should be no penalty against the Dragons, the penalty should have been a techinical foul had it been noticed. But it wasn't, so the chain of responsibility should move up, to the game day refs/scoring personnel. A formal league apology to Perth, plus a reprimand for the officials involved, and nothing for the Dragons.

Reply #205101 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm with Mutley - it was the officials job to pick it up and award a Bench Technical. It was missed - get over it - play on.

All the Wildcats can do is lodge an official complaint with the league. All that means is the refs will get a "naughty, naughty" talking to and they will be back on court this weekend.

Reply #205104 | Report this post

vega  
Years ago

seriously, how could this be even remotely possible. sure it happened in an AFL game earlier this year but on a smaller basketball court... where 5 on 5 defense happens... would u think someone would have noticed straight away? i umpired juniors back in the day (god bless those days) and back then we r taught to count subs comin in and goin off. on the other side of the coin though... its pretty funny.

Reply #205113 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Not acceptable, the team should lose the game. This is a joke and was when it occurred in the AFL.

How long are they allowed to have an extra player on court before there is punishment?

less than 1 minute....minimal impact
less then 2 minutes...maybe created a few points
less than 5 minutes...couldve been the difference

now what if that less than 1 minute was in the last 20 seconds and was the scorer of the winning basket?

This is simple stuff, the coaches and players and refs should know better.

If it is spotted...tech foul, game goes on and after the game, points awarded to opponents. Bet you wouldnt see too many recurrences.

Reply #205122 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

They can't loose the game, the refs didn't pick it up.

If you get fouled on a game winning shot, that causes you to miss, you can't say that you should win the game cause you were fouled!

Refs missed it move on

Reply #205128 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

The NBL should introduce a new interchange system using an orange square on the bench and some post-it notes. Whenever an infringement is made the opposing team should get a free kick and 50m penalty. All this should be trialed for a week mid-season and introduced fully the next.

Reply #205180 | Report this post

LMAO XASTAZIC POST MORE FUNNY JOKES like that one

Reply #205185 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

I remember back in the mid-80s at Apollo, the Sixers started a quarter with six on the court, took the team a minute or so to realise, and then Peter Ali bolted to the bench (fastest I ever saw him move) and tried to act like he'd been there all along!

Reply #205222 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754