Bizzy
Years ago

Sixers vs Spirit in Canberra

Since there wasn't already a thread that I could see specific for tonight's game I thought I'd make one.

What an awesome game it will be for Brett, hopefully he can light it up in his 500th and the Sixers get the win too.

After a strong showing in the first half on Wednesday night, I would expect the Spirit to come out with all guns blazing, but my tip is still Sixers by 9.

Does anyone know of a radio broadcast link?

Topic #17490 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fat chance of a radio link I reckon. Game's in Canberra so I doubt anyone's willing to fly there to cover it or that a canberra station will do a one off broadcast. The crappy live stats is all we have to go by, and even they probably won't be right.

Us NBL fans really are treated so badly it's not funny.

Reply #205630 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Im hoping tyndal is injured, 10:40 mark he has gone to the bench for Luke. IF the NBL site is anything to go off

Reply #205631 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

Tyndale apparently got a poke in the eye.

Reply #205632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenscher 6 points, Holmes 3. Scores tied up 9-9

Reply #205633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How'd you find that out Lockie?

Reply #205634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher scores his first points nice and early this time!

Reply #205635 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

It said it on the play by play on the Live Scores. Scroll down to about the 11 minute mark.

Reply #205636 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Luke getting it done right now!

Reply #205638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

schensher with 10 already!

Reply #205639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yeah. Just surprised that they bothered to go into detail seeing the people who run it are obviously slackers.

Reply #205640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher 5 points, Holmes 10 points and Luke also with 10. Great start!

Reply #205641 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

27 on the board and Bruce scorless, got to love how this team can get points from different avenues game to game. Early days but a good sign.

Reply #205642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just for a change it isn't saying that there a 6 player on the court!

baby steps...

Reply #205643 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Just dropped in a little late, does anyone know how bad tyndale eye thing is? you have to figure we will push away even more if ballinger can get some point. Get work by luke, holmes and nice to see hill with some early points.

Reply #205644 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

6 point lead at the half, davidson is still scoreless and bruce has not really fired a shot hopefully they can get something going as we need to spread the load. That said a lead is a lead.

Reply #205645 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Halftime 36ers up by 6 53 - 47.

Reply #205646 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Where is TR and his new iPhone????

We should be getting play by plays....

Reply #205647 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

C'mon Sixers!
Made a little on the Footy today so threw it down on Sixers to win 11+ @ $2.60 - tough call but if they play to potential should be capable. Go boys!!!

Reply #205649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Davidson even come back on?

Bruce not hitting the shots at the moment, so should give some minutes to Brad to see what happens.

Reply #205651 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

NBL scoreboard shows Tyndale back on. Hope its true and he is over the eye problem. The team need some extra assistance.

Reply #205653 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

How bad is Tyndale? - Hasn't been back on has he?

Reply #205654 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Schensch is 6/7 with 3 blocks. nice.

Reply #205655 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

NBL website shows Adelaide has only 3 on the court. No wonder they are getting beaten....

Reply #205656 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

This is starting to smell big time!

Reply #205657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spirit on 19-2 run..............

Reply #205658 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

We have scored 2 points in 6 minutes to their 19!

Reply #205659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spirit on a 19-2 run in 4th

You must be kidding me..

Reply #205660 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

At 5:55 it would want to be one very good timeout, no reason whatsoever to realitically lose to this team. I dont want to even go into the whole do it for Mahersy thing, it is only his 500TH FREAKING GAME afterall!

Reply #205661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

down 10 4 mins to play. not looking good we need someone to find their outside stroke and fast.

Reply #205662 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Turning ugly. giving away my cash... ah well..... cmon boys fight back strong!!!!!!!

Reply #205663 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Is something up with Davidson.........has not had an impact on any of the 3 games played yet?

Reply #205664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner - it's only his third game and he's easing back in after his back injury.

The rest of the team had 5 pre-season game head-start on him.

Reply #205665 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Davidson is just finding his way and new role within this team. Didnt play a single preseason game as far as i know. Will come good and will become a big 'moments' player for the 36ers.

Reply #205666 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I was worried this could happen after seeing how well the Spirit did on Wednesday.

The Sixers can't just assume that they need to rock up against the Spirit to win.

Reply #205667 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

A shocking loss to the worst team in the comp.

Reply #205668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we lost. cant believe it.

Reply #205669 | Report this post

hghgh  
Years ago

looks like another bad season for sixers. so shit they cant beat the lowly spirit. btw xStatiKx is gay.

Reply #205670 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Forgot about Davidson's pre-season (or lack there of) and thought something must be wrong for him to be having any off games after his big season with Sixers last year.......my bad!!!

Reply #205671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hghgh - My god have some faith. It's the third fricking game and a looooooooong season ahead.

Teams win and lose, deal with it - but cut the negative crap.

Bad luck to the Sixers!

Reply #205672 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

We should not have lost but Spirit are certainly not the worst team in the comp. The Blaze have that honour.

We struggled to get over the line against them here then they added Rampton , plus Low had more days to get over his ankle injury he played with here.

The real litmus test will be the Breakers in NZ.

Reply #205673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah its a crap loss, hill looks like he put together a ok game stats wise, holmes played really well but it looks like tyndale being out for a period hurt us. Shame brett's 500th game was a loss. Low bounced back with a good game for them though.

Reply #205674 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

Come on guys give them at least 4 to 6 weeks to gel :P But seriously Spirit are a much better team then people give them credit for. If they had two good imports they would be really competitive with every team. They have very good young Australian players that are getting better and as a result are a dangerous team to play against. However, it is disappointing to lose on Maher's 500th game.

Reply #205675 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol hghgh

btw Taipans are beating Crocs by 17 at the half.

Reply #205676 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Couldnt agree more King James. Spirit can play. I think the test comes to see what kind of character this 36er team has after a loss. Do we go in to NZ and get beaten, and perhaps put up a 'good effort', or cut the crap and play intesne defense all night long, and win. Cant get Winitana back quick enough, for that caffiene style energy he gives when we need it! Until the team struggles consistently, which they wont, everyone just take it easy on the negative crap! Different everything compared to last season except the logo!

Reply #205677 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Laughing at Kent Brockman's statement:

" We struggled to get over the line against them here then they added Rampton "

For your information Kent, Rampton was 1/7 from FG for his 2 points. Don't know how you can say that adding Rampton to the mix was a big factor for the demise of the 36ers.

Reply #205679 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

what a shit team.

Reply #205681 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Skux - Rampton is a big body, that can clog the lane, much like Big Luke.

That makes attacking the rim, that much harder.

Reply #205682 | Report this post

borat  
Years ago

if u cannot win back-to-back games like this, then u cannot win playoff games.

Reply #205683 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

They could have put in a better effort for Brett. Its not even as though Sydney played at home. Technically it was an away game for both teams so they didn't get home court advantage. Does anyone know about the eye injury to Tyndale and the circumstances around it.

Reply #205684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like Bruce had a really dirty night and that combined with Tyndale being on the bench with his eye for about a half really hurt Adelaide tonight. Bad luck for Brett in his 500th, a crowd of 1322 is pathetic to play a career milestone in front of as well

Reply #205686 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

y not play luke more he scored a bit

Reply #205688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

quote EC: "Does anyone know about the eye injury to Tyndale and the circumstances around it."
As far as I know, his nose, eyebrows, cheeks, temples & forehead are fine.

Reply #205691 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

#205691, I agree with you. I wouldn't have put my name to a comment like that either.

Reply #205697 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

One of the least funny things I have seen in a long, long time.

Reply #205703 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Luke needs to be putting up 20 shots a game. When he does shoot the ball, he makes it regulary. He has had awesome shooting %'s from FG thus far.
Last Night he was 8/11. I would be telling him to demand the ball down low and just shoot. No-one can stop him and he can't miss.

Reply #205704 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great games from Holmes, Ballinger and Schenscher.

Reply #205710 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

The only thing about this one that really stands out to me is the score we gave up. 112 after 82 and 89? It looks like we reverted to preseason defence.

Great game from Holmes. Schenscher finding his way offensively, but I'd like to see a decent rebounding number from him at some point.

The next game for Aaron Bruce will be a big test, to see how he bounces back after a dog. It would probably have been minimised if Davidson had done anything. While I agree he's finding his way after missing the whole preseason, if it isn't working we have Kersten sitting there and he is a more than capable backup point guard. Seems like Brad Hill played his best game in three years too.

I also agree that we are missing Winitana, and Tyndale missing 3/4 of the game didn't help.

A pretty average result for Maher's 500th (not that it looks like he did much to avoid it), but a four day break before the NZ game, which will be a big test.

Reply #205712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watched the game. Bruce was terrible. carried on like his shit didn't stink. now i'm not saying that's how he is all the time...but that's what it looked like in THIS game. Hill played pretty well with some energy. Schenscher was very good and does alot of things that dont show in stats. 36ers could not score in the half court at all. Spirit simply wanted it more

Reply #205734 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Does anyone know what's up with Maher? He had a terrible shooting night (completely way off) last Wednesday night and again didn't score too well last night. He must be carrying some sort of injury or illness. I suggested on Wednesday night something like an ear infection that would put you completely off balance. There is no way Maher would shoot so badly unless there was a perfectly good explanation for it. What ever it is, I hope he gets over it quickly.

Reply #205748 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i thought the spirit did a pretty good job on him here, maybe they are kinda his bogey team?

Reply #205753 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Isaac, how can 3 starting players have a 'Great' game and still let the team lose? and apparently the 36ers were abused inside the paint, and all 3 players you mentioned play inside.

Reply #205770 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

They played basically the whole game without the guy who scored 30 points on Wednesday! Hold off with the doomsday prophecies guys... it's disappointing to have lost, but it happens. I'm still very optimistic about this season.

Reply #205802 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Being optimistic and facing reality are 2 different things that was a bad loss against a team we need to beat to make 8 let alone top 4 some of us had set sights on . If we can bounce back and beat either NZ or Tigers who are top teams and competitive against the other then we can remain optimistic. But Scotty has a lot of work to do especially on our defence.
Bretts form is a worry but it is a totally different team with real point guards and centre.
Looks a real season where every game you can win and every game you can lose. Dissapointing to think Bruce might of got ahead of himself with all the positives about his game especially so early in season

Reply #205820 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He still had 7 assists, he is the point guard isn't he??

Reply #205825 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

For sure, I'm not saying I want to bury my head in the sand and be optimistic for no reason - after the last two years, I've become pretty skittish about the Sixers' potential, in fact.

All I'll say is that last year's team would have gone to Canberra and gotten spanked by 25; this year's team lost a top import right at the start of the game, endured poor games from some key players, and still controlled most of it and faded late. That, I can handle, so long as we keep winning more than we lose, of course! :)

Reply #205830 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As has been said, Bruce had 7 assists and, had some shots dropped, would've scored in the teens as well. That's not awful by any stretch.

While it's disappointing they lost, there are more tests ahead. Even if they go 0-2 over the next two games, I don't think that will dictate their season either.

Reply #205836 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

At least give it 4 - 6 weeks ;-)

Reply #205838 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

They had both small forwards out. That has to throw the team balance out.

Plus the team has several key players who are new to the league. I am not expecting them to be a model of consistentcy on the road.

Reply #205840 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Got to love JR's take on the size of the crowd...

"36ers import Mark Tyndale's poke to the eye hurts Adelaide's winning streak. A crowd of 1322 showed up in Canberra to watch home team Sydney Spirit get their first win. I think they just used my stat line against Cairns to come up with this figure, 1-3 fgs, 2 assists, 2 steals?"

http://jronfire.blogspot.com/

Reply #205843 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754