Anonymous
Years ago

are we better of without Jacob ?

It has come 2 my attention that jacob has been taking quiet a few shots acutally around the same amount as our main 3 and he simply hasnt been knocking them . This makes me wonder if were better off without him or having him on bench and having the big O starting 4 us.

Also We need to sign Brad Hill ASAP becuase he is simply awsome , I think he'd be putting up number's similar to Newley's .

Let us know what u think .

Topic #1750 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No we are not better off without Jacob.

As a lot of people on here dont understand, basketball is not all about points and shooting percentages.

He is invaluable on the defensive end, and excels in ball carrying duties on a nightly basis.

Im sick of all these armchair experts with no clue making rash statements like this.

Reply #19797 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Anonymous

i agree with you, however, he is consistently taking around 12 to 14 shots a game and only have a few isnt what we need. we all know he can shoot well, i think its more about his shot selection which sees his percentage drop.

Reply #19799 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

just needs to cut the amount of shots he takes down a little. All the rest is fine, just needs better selection. He just needs some air in that shot.

Reply #19802 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Brad Hill? I thought we'd already signed him for the rest of the season anyway. Great kid with great game - will be a keeper for sure.

Reply #19824 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Jacob may just need some confidence...

His shooting has been consistantly bad all year and i am interested to know what the coaching staff are doing about it

some would say the only reason he is getting so many o baords is because he is the one missing the shots!!

Reply #19829 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I actually asked Phil early in the season (I think the first Fox game) about Jacob, and they claimed at the time he was slightly injured (this was after his awesome Blitz form).

I think there is a confidence issue there, he just needs to have a agme where they drop more for him, and all should be right with the world.

I think he is important to the 6ers line up, but not vital. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him move on to another team next season...possibly the Kings or Hawks.

Reply #19836 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

I dont agree with jacob being dropped he is one of the best defensive players we got he grabs heaps of boards.
Brad hill though i dont agree he cant jst walk into the league and be like brad newley, brad hill is no where near the standards of newley. Sixers shood be running players like Hambour who have yet to had a go and let them prove themselves.

Reply #19845 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Damn....... i just cracked a rib, laughed to hard......... Sixers should be running players like Hambour.........damn..... another rib broken from laughing too hard

Reply #19872 | Report this post

hav  
Years ago

holmes has had double figure field goal attempts in every game this season except for two of them. they were 3-9 in the first game and 1-8 in perth. needs to shoot a touch less in my armchair opinion.

Reply #19873 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

wash your mouth out - it is his first season as a starter

Reply #19911 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

yes, but when he's knocking them down and we're knocking off form teams all is quiet on the southern front, isn't it!

Damn you head hunters!

Reply #19914 | Report this post

Phat Prophet  
Years ago

his rebounding is a major plus, but i think he rates himself too highly when it comes to shooting and should take higher percentage shots

Reply #19953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

holmes is in the nbl site on the not hot list. 'Adelaide jumping jack Jacob Holmes had a week to forget in Round 17. He went 4-of-15 in Adelaide's loss to the Bullets after hitting just 2-of-11 in the 36ers defeat at the hands of Sydney. '

Reply #19990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Average made/attempted per game:

Farley 8.2/19.8
Rychart 9.1/18.0
Maher 6.8/15.8
Holmes 4.4/12.4
Forman 3.7/7.7
Cooper 2.6/5.7
Rees 2.6/5.1
Ng 1.2/3.3
Williams 0.9/2.9

Reply #19992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754