victorian
Years ago

Junior competition: Same old, same old

Yet another winter season has passed and you guessed it the same 2 clubs dominated in div 1.

When are the other clubs outside of Sturt and F'ville gonna get their acts together.

Its about time they took to time and bit the bullett and have a good look at how these 2 clubs run their junior programs, then take their heads out of their collective arses and implement a plan to improve.

Committees have a responsability to improve their clubs lot but it seems a lot cannot.

Topic #17501 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Same old, same old thread....

Reply #205744 | Report this post

SA all the way  
Years ago

surely the other clubs can turn their junior programs around overnight. I mean its not that hard. Just go and recruit all of those gun ball players that live in your area that are currently playing football and Whaala you are a junior powerhouse.

victorian, you are a real basketball brain.

can you please post the plan that the other clubs dont have so they can learn from your infinate wisdom.

maybe you can type it in invisible ink or in code so only the really smart clubs can figure it out and challenge the top two clubs.

you better than your first comment mate come on, give us somehting a little more thought out and constructive or is the first shop your only shot.

SA all the way

Reply #205768 | Report this post

What the  
Years ago

Vitorian

Lets have a look at Winter Div 1 Premiers

Under 10 Boys West
Under 14 Boys Southern
Under 12 Girls North
Under 16 Girls Mavericks

Jeez Two Clubs have dominated these scores must have been a mistake.

Bottom line is Sturt have good boys teams and Forestville have good Girls teams. If there development is so good why aren't they good on both Boys and Girls.

Your topic is a yawn. All Clubs work hard with the resources they have avaliable to them and the SA competition is much more that two Clubs

Next you will post the old chestnut Pro/Rel.

Move on.

Reply #205769 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

What the,

They combined for more than half the Grand Final victories.

How do you figure Sturt have a week girls program?

12 girls 5th
14 girls 2nd
16 girls 3rd
18 girls 1st
ave pos. 2.75th

Name another club other than Forestville doing that well.

Forestville ave pos. 2.5th
Norwood ave pos. 3.5th
North ave pos. 4th
Woodville ave pos. 4.75th
Eastern ave pos. 6th
West ave pos. 6.75th
Southern ave pos. 7th
South ave pos. 8th
Centrals ave pos. 10th

Reply #205785 | Report this post

Afroman  
Years ago

I think statistics can sometimes be very misleading.

Under 16Boys div 1 saw a very even league.
The bottom team did not disgrace itself, and there were quite a few surprise results.

From what I have seen, all the clubs are putting in a lot of effort, and trying to narrow the gap.

Not always effort is translated into results.
You can see that the Victorian has been absent from the league for a few months.

This winter season was a good season - most even ever

I hope you are not too upset that the Cats did not win on Saturday

Reply #205892 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

5 years ago North was by far the leading team in division 1 across most levels. Norwood / Sturt / Noarlunga (Southern) pushed. Forestville was starting to grow steadily.

It happens.

Reply #205916 | Report this post

Wayville 16  
Years ago

But why does it happen? Is it a commitment to the junior program or just accidental. Forestville have put in place a number of coaches and a full time employee. At the same time North lost dean Kinsman. Not a coincidence I would say.

Reply #205943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simple-forestville own a lot of the country areas, game, set and match.

Reply #205953 | Report this post

Wayville 16  
Years ago

How does that compute for the Sturt boys success, or for what Dean Kinsman did at North Adelaie?

Neither are built around coutry area's.

Reply #205956 | Report this post

Twigs  
Years ago

victorian's an idiot, always has been and probably always will be.

and how is forrestville in a country area? and how does that make them a real good club? most country players would rather just play country cos its closer, they don't want to make the commitment to the distance.

oh and btw...i thonk ur a little comfused 953, game, set, match is tennis and volleyball and similar games, not basketball, u seem a tad confused

Reply #205998 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

"i thonk ur a little comfused"

Classic.

Reply #206012 | Report this post

Twigs  
Years ago

i meant to right that i swear....

Reply #206033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's not forget Woodville's success in U12 Boys Div 2

Reply #206153 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Tell us "Oh wise one",what part of the Port area should West get Tall children from? Newport Quays,Wingfield,St.kilda,Garden Island,Mansfield Park/Angle Park/Ferryden Park?

Reply #206312 | Report this post

tk  
Years ago

You don't necessarily need tall kids. If this is where the kids are then that is the place for your club to promote it's self.

It properly will be the same for a little while until
these kids pass through the system then drop out or play seniors.

Reply #206557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754