Anonymous
Years ago

Nasty 36ers away uniforms

Just going by the only photo I can find the 36ers away jerseys are pretty ugly lookin! Thoughts.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6275181,00.jpg

Topic #17517 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

that the tigers right? why just not invert with white and blue,yellow,red accents.

Reply #205898 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I like the yellow, always have since the KB days. White jeresy's always look like training outfits. Good on the decision makers for going a bit more colourful, a Red alternate would be nice too. But I wont get ahead of myself hah

Reply #205899 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Ugly! Are you kidding? I was thinking about making a thread on how GOOD they are. It's great to see the yellow back.

Reply #205902 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I saw a design for the red one and did kinda hope they would go with that, but I do too like the yellow.

Reply #205903 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I saw this yellow one @ the last home game. I quite like it and love seeing more colour.

I'm sick of all the white crap and they look like training.

However I was disgusted to see the 36ers jerseys being sold for $95 or $99 @ the Merchandise stand. Retailers don't even sell it for that much.

Has anyone else noticed the price @ the home games?

Reply #205909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the home but not the away. So the club was thinking about the red skip?

How AWESOME would it be to have a throwback night where the Sixers wear old jerseys from back in the day and the fans come along in their throwbacks. Would be sweet.

Reply #205910 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Yellow looks good. Much better than the white.

Reply #205923 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Red would never go ahead because it would clash with to many teams home uniform (Tigers, Cats, Slingers (im sure the uni was designed before the were out). I will be interested to see what they wear when they head up to cairns as im sure the league will deem the gold a clash with the orange.

Reply #205932 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

i like the idea of the sixers throwbacks. i think it would be great to have a night where we bring out the old uni's. i think brisbane did it last year and it went well for them.

Reply #205935 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'd welcome some old school clothing. i'd definitely buy some and wear them. Brilliant idea and suggestion.

Reply #205942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The prices for the jerseys really arent that expensive when you compare them to crows gurnseys or even cricket australia tops made by the same supplier. Those retailf for $120 ++

Reply #205955 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

True but when you consider how much demand there is for those products compared to a sixers top i think they probably are too expensive. I would think $70 max would be a good price

Reply #205963 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Excalty $70 should be the maximum for a 36ers jersey and the price you'll find @ the sports store.

36ers have overpriced it very high

Reply #205991 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

look good , hoping its more a golden yellow not that canary yellow , indeed my f...in friend .

Reply #206004 | Report this post

diversity  
Years ago

Yeah i got a shirt at the last home game almost fell over when i noticed the price, but the money goes back to the club so can't complain!

Am a fan on the yellow away top but whilst at the Sydney game on Wednesday i noticed a man wearing the oldschool '36ers' jersey ('98 era), would love to see a remake of them!!!!!!

Reply #206005 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

I don't understand why they wouldn't release 36er throwbacks. is the club making too much money.

For starters the merchandise store/stand should be much bigger. give the fans a choice of player jerseys. not just a blank one.

I think its sad to see people rocking various NBA jerseys. support the local team.

Reply #206006 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Also, the new uniform looks great. With a decent brand like adidas behind the team, you'd hope to see some various hoodies, tshirts, jackets etc (ie crows). Or is this just wishful thinking.

Reply #206007 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Personally I'd love to buy one of those warm-up shooting tops the 36ers wearing during the pre-game shoot around. I really like those.

I also like the yellow singlet, but I wouldn't be more than $70.

Definitely want some throwbacks and old school 36ers gear. I'd buy it and definitely wear it away from the venue. It would keep me away from wearing Lions and Broncos tops all the time in the footy codes.

Certainly would love to see a bigger merchandise store for the 36ers with more choices. Too small right now and you can barely move in there on game night.

Reply #206015 | Report this post

Ostrich 79  
Years ago

The money doesn't go to the club, the merchandise store is run by an outside party who owns the merchandise rights. Some money might go back to the club, but probably the same amount that the Spotless contract gives them.

Reply #206017 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Just a thought on the throwback idea. That might not be possible because a different company would have the rights to each design and im sure there wouldnt be enough demand to buy the rights to them. So in theory it sounds like a good idea but probably not possible.

Reply #206034 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Money is the big problem for throwbacks. They would all have to be individually made for each player. In the greater scheme of things the cost is not that great, but in the NBL we live in, teams simply don't have the spare cash to throw at throwbacks. Brisbane did it last year, but that's because Eddy had the cash to throw around back then. Sixers don't.

Reply #206037 | Report this post

Herka  
Years ago

the old throwbacks is an awesome idea ! i was just speaking to fellow wildcat memebers after fridays match againest the Gold Coast about how awesome it would be to own a black and Gold Wildcats (year 91,92,93) singlet with sponsor Swan Gold splashed across the front of it !! OH the good times !!!

Reply #206039 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

They shouldve used white as the secondary colour on the away unis.

Reply #206046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754