Skin
Years ago

Email From Fox Sports

"I got this reply from fox sports (today), from when i emailed them a few weeks ago. Sorry if this is old news"

Thank you for your e-mail.

Due to the uncertainty around this years NBL season, FOX SPORTS' broadcast negotiations with the NBL were only finalised very close the beginning of the season.

As a result of this and the fact that our television schedules are created 3 months in advance, FOX SPORTS has to fulfill contractual commitments to broadcast other sporting events.

In an attempt to maintain our commitment to the NBL, from October 22 FOX SPORTS will broadcast live coverage of the Wednesday night match and for the first time selected live and replayed matches out of New Zealand.

Topic #17538 | Report this topic

igotmadskills  
Years ago

At least we will see some ball, gotta be happy with that.

Reply #206093 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I no longer have Foxtel and hoping some Sport Bars and Pub telecast the games.

Perhaps that one @ Plympton is a possiblty.
Highway Inn I think they call it.

Reply #206100 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Fox Sports.... You are a joke. I am glad I cancelled my Fox Sports subscription!

Reply #206102 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

a joke wat else are they ment to do.

its the NBL's folt...

Reply #206103 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

folt??? speel cheque??

Reply #206111 | Report this post

Hoops 51  
Years ago

Does anybody know if Foxsports will be showing NBA like last year? Looked through the October mag and couldn't find any FS NBA games.

Reply #206112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if fox is a joke, is this not a partnership made in heaven?

Reply #206113 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

cant blame fox, why would they commit to playing something that may or may not go ahead, simple business sense really.

Reply #206114 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

NBA Season doesn't start until about Oct 30 mate, come november I'm sure fox will have their usual 3-4 games a week across fox sports & espn, just like they do will MLB, NHL & NFL.

Reply #206125 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

As if the season was ever in doubt of not going ahead.... I am sure they could have commited the time to it and in the event it didn't go ahead filled it up with another MLB game..... and anyway they have been guilty of changing the schedule at the last minute in the past on many occassions.

If they are not showing games, why own the rights, it is killing our sport in this country..... bring back the good old ABC or channel Ten coverage i say...

Reply #206131 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

The NBA games showed on ESPN tend to be better games than showed on the FOXSPORTS anyway. I cancelled the Fox Sports part of my package and have picked up ESPN as part of the Lifestyle/comedy package. I only ever watch the basketball and PTI, Sportscenter etc, so without NBL coverage FOXSports has become irrelevant to me.

Reply #206132 | Report this post

Hoops 51  
Years ago

New season begins October 28th (so Wednesday the 29th here) with three games, two of which will air on TNT. For the last two years Foxsports have shown the opening game of the NBA season, hopefully they will be showing TNT games again as they have, by far, the best commentary, half-time and pre game shows.

Reply #206138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBA is certainly back, and i think i heard whisperings earlier in the year of increased coverage this year...not 100% on that part tho.

Reply #206171 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

don't really care about the regular season .. mostly meaningless games .. it's during the Playoffs they beed to STEP UP

Reply #206423 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

oops ..NEED to step up .. bad keyboard

Reply #206424 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754