sc
Years ago

36ers vs Tigers 26/1

Rd 8 - Tigers 111 d 36ers 94
Rd 9 - 36ers 119 d Tigers 107
Rd 16 - Tigers 112 d 36ers 95

The season series against the Tigers is looking particularly vital now that we have dropped our series against the Kings and sit even with the Tigers in 4th place.

Tigers currently hold a 22 point advantage over us for the season, leaving us requiring a 23 point win to take the season series.

Sounds like a big ask against a side with the depth of the Tigers. We will have to be at our very best to pull it off.

Thoughts?

Topic #1755 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If they can do it, it will be a great game to watch. I'm still waiting for a 40 point game from Farley!

I noticed from the boxscore today that Bradtke only had 4 rebounds in 30 minutes. Hopefully he won't bounce back against us like he usually does.

At their best, the Tigers are a level above every other team in the league. At their worst, Copeland is a streaky shooter, Tucker is turnover prone, Stiff is ineffective, Hoare isn't a scoring threat, and Mottram will go out injured.

Traditionally, we've tried to exhaust them with a running game, but I think they're just too deep for this to work any more.

What's the best tactic against a team with height, depth, ability to shoot or run or rebound you out of contention?

Reply #19906 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Is there an Academy game before the Sixers?

Reply #20034 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754