Isaac
Years ago

Rugby: Cronulla to bring games to Adelaide

Can't say I care for NRL in any way whatsoever, but I noticed mention on AdelaideNow that the Cronulla Sharks will be playing three premiership games over the next three years in Adelaide, at Hindmarsh Stadium.

First game is in April (article says 2008, but I think we can assume they mean 2009).

If the trial works, they'll consider more.

Will their experiment bring them the crowds they expect? Does much support exist for the NRL outside of the Eastern states?

Topic #17567 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

I would go to the game just for something different.

Reply #206406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont really care for the sport but would check it out, anything new in this state is a welcome change.

Reply #206412 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Growing up around Southern Sydney i would luv the Sharkies to come down. It will be good to see some legalised violence, unlike the AFL.

Reply #206413 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Can't stand NRL. Went to a game in Newcastle recently and it sucked. I was even in a corporate box with free booze and it still sucked.

Reply #206414 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I have to agree with thedoctor.. It's freaking boring.

Reply #206415 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

lock up your daughters, wives, girlfriends and mothers that weekend - none of them will be safe

Reply #206417 | Report this post

sharpeshooter  
Years ago

Looking forward to a chance to see a different top flight sport in adelaide... I think a crowd of 6000 in adelaide would compare to some crowds that the NRL draws in sydney.

Reply #206418 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Awesome news! I can't wait for it and definitely be going.

I hope the Brisbane Broncos come one day.

Hopefully Jonathan Thurston comes to Adelaide in 2009. The best player in the game. Truly magic to watch.

Reply #206421 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'll probably go. Are Cronulla any good?

Reply #206426 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Sharks aren't too bad and had there best season this year in a while.

Reply #206428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Are Cronulla any good?"

- Put it this way, they've been in the league for 40 years and are yet to win a premiership.

Reply #206432 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

thats league not rugby

Reply #206445 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Who are they placing against? I love the Bunnies and would be there for sure if they are playing!

Reply #206448 | Report this post

Fanno  
Years ago

Go the mighty Sharkies... I cannot wait to see them play.. Good for Adelaide..

Reply #206449 | Report this post

Ace of Spades  
Years ago

agree with you "the hamma"! league is not rugby, union is rugby (union is the best form of the game)

Reply #206450 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Yes Rugby is played in Heaven. But League is closer to rugby than AFL. So ill be there..

Reply #206452 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Woody, homosexual mud wrestling is also closer to Rugby League than Football.

Reply #206459 | Report this post

sdfsd  
Years ago

its simple ,

WASTE OF TIME, WASTE OF MONEY, WASTE OF EFFORT AND COULD POSSIBLY BE THE MOST STUPIDIST IDEA IN A WHILE

ADELAIDE IN RUGBY ARE AWFUL, RUGBY IS A EAST COAST SPORT FACE IT BESIADES A CUPLE OF FAT MAORIS YOU GUY HAVE NOTHING NO EFFENCE

in fact adelaide's sporting teams are awfuil in almost everything.

adelaide United: Hopeless( travis dodd)
36ers: decent:

oh yeah and a church around every corner lols

iam outta here homies

Reply #206462 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

I didnt realise Glenside had internet access....

Reply #206470 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

AoS

I agree that Union is the best form of Rugby. League though is faster and a better game to watch.

Cronulla vs Penrith/Parramatta/Storm/Newcastle/Broncos/Cowboys doesn't matter, I'll be there.

Reply #206474 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Cronulla Sharks contains thug Greg Bird who glassed his girlfriend and then tried covering it up by trying to get a housemate to take the hit for it.

Since the girl's release from hospital, she says she still loves her man and plans to stay with him.

As for Greg Bird's NRL future, that is unknown for now.

Reply #206477 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Noticed in today's paper that the Sharks are going to play the game in April against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Reply #206482 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Jonathan Thurston should be coming to town. Best player in the game and represents Cowboys & Maroons.

Reply #206489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #237004 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754