ron burgundy
Years ago

Attn: Country Associations

with the metro junior season starting later and a longer break over christmas - now would be a good time to network your carnivals / challenge games with metro clubs as they will be starting later in 2009....

Topic #17571 | Report this topic

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

Can you supply us with the actual dates of start/finish aswell as break dates?

Thanks.

Reply #206514 | Report this post

facts  
Years ago

will finish usual time around a week before christmas - but instead of restarting when the kids go back to school it will be lateish february (from what i understand)

good chance to sharpen your squads for the country play offs and metro units to prepare

Reply #206538 | Report this post

Wayville 71  
Years ago

More likely middle Feb or 1 week later than usual. That way they can leave some weekends free for catchup games.

Reply #206550 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

I have found that most country carnivals are the same time every year, so changing them now would be a hassle to the other country regions that attend.

I know some associations will make the draw better for Adelaide teams if they go to certain carnivals so as not too start too early sat morning because of the friday night games.

Reply #207404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754