XztatiK
Years ago

AFL Trade Week

Trade week gets underway tomorrow and apparently there has already been one proposal rejected when Carlton offered pick 24 for Robbie Warnock. -a good deal for Freo imo, there's way too much hype about this kid.

Crows: Will Graham Johncock and Jon Griffin still be there by friday?

Port: Didak? Carr? Seaby? Where will Adam Thomson go?

I was just thinking about some possible trades and I thought this big one would work for all parties:

WCE recieves:
J.Griffin
N.Krakouer
D.White/J.Surjan

ADE recieves:
A.Thomson
B.Waters
Pick 22 (PTA)

PTA recieves:
G.Johncock
M.Seaby
Pick 44 (ADE)

As a Crows supporter I'd probably be happy with that. How would the Power fans out there feel?

I also think the Crows need to make a play for Ryan Griffen. He is one of the most overrated players in the league imo but he's exactly the type of outside midfielder they need.

Anyway it should be a good week. Post any rumours you have heard or official trades when they happen etc.

Topic #17580 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Beau Waters will not be traded. Would not be surprised to see Chris Knights traded

Reply #206542 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Why do you say that about Waters? two years ago he was wanting to come home and he had a terrible year at WCE this year.

I think Richie Douglas and Brent Reilly would both be more likely to be traded than Knights but I guess he's a possibility too.

Reply #206543 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

i seem to recall knights re signing mid season and douglas, i think radar is on the way out

Reply #206545 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Waters is a gun in the mould of Worsfold so i doubt he would let him go

Reply #206560 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Douglas and Knights are both gun players and will stay. I was surprised that kerr stayed in the west. I woulda thought that it would be best for him if he went to a club like richmond or carlton something.

Reply #206597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats the most stupid trade i have ever seen. port will be looking for way more then that for krak and surj.

Reply #206599 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Knights and Reilly are heavily overrated by the crows , like the way Douglas plays but he needs to finish off his chances alot more than the season just passed .

Reply #206607 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Didak- Not sure, wants to stay with the Pies. Interestingly, Pies are fav's to pick up Cousins. Not sure, if that's such a good combo with these two bad boys of the AFL. Would the Pies coaching staff and admin. Want to give both these guys a second chance along with Heath Shaw who haven't done the club proud in recent times?

Carr think will come back to Port. Believe that deal is already signed and sealed IMO, despite mindgames that Mark Williams was playing before the end of the last season.

Seaby might go to Port. Think they should trade him off with Damon White of the Power who should return home back to WA. He hasn't attributed much to the Power after about 5 seasons, needs to go or be delisted. Adam Thomson I think will go.

Anyway, else have an opinion?

Reply #206610 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Didak will stay at Collingwood. There is no chance of Heath Shaw being traded.
Ryce Shaw though may be offered as trade bait.
Cousins would be a very good acquisition for th Pie's as they lack a star quality midfielder.
More importantly, will O'Keefe end up moving back to Melbourne? And if so, which club will pick him up?

Reply #206611 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

O'Keefe to go to Essendon for Lovett and a 3rd round pick. (prediction. hasnt happened.)

Craigy has just said Radar and Griffo won't be traded.

Port should go all-out for Hamish McIntosh (who was put on the market by the Kangas today). A ruck combo of McIntosh and Ty Vickery would be one of the best in the league in a few years.

Carr wont be traded for - pre-season draft is likely.

Tim Boyle is an option for the Crows. -I would stay away unless theyre giving him away.

Port went for Brad Green but he was asking too much.

Didak and Dal Santo want to stay put.

Essendon are showing interest in Brent Prismall despite him being injured for probably the entire 09 season.

anon what would you want for Krak and Surj? Neither could get a game for most of 2008 and Surjan in particular doesnt have much improvement in him.

And Woody arent you the douche who was just rubbishing football in the Cronulla thread? wtf?

Reply #206616 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

reilly will be gone, stiffy might be too.
The cows need forwards...
Corey Jones??

Reply #206630 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Craigy has just said Radar and Griffo won't be traded."

ritz, the Crows do NOT need 28 year-old undersized, inconsistent forwards.
They have young key forwards Taylor Walker and Kurt Tippett who are both improving rapidly and James Sellar is still only 19 and could be something.
Without giving up something VERY valuable, the Crows are never going to get a 60goal+ forward through trade week. Right now the only forwards in the mix look like Jones and Boyle and neither would be a huge improvement on the role-players we have now (Gill, Stevens, Hentschel etc.)
Their best bet is to stick with these guys until the young guns come through and MAYBE draft Johnston/Cornelius to bolster our stocks but only if Hamish Hartlett is unavailable.

Midfield speed is our main concern imo.

Reply #206637 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

May as well trade Griffen while we can before he is uncontracted and walks back across the Nullabor

Reply #206646 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754