Isaac
Years ago

Boti: Melbourne looms as serious test

Boti Nagy on the 36ers upcoming test:

The Tigers will put the blow-torch to the 36ers and truly test their mettle.

With the Sixers' season now at 2-2, it could prove a defining game in terms of how Ninnis' team evolves, as a contender or a pretender.

The reality is the NBL season is wide open, Townsville going 3-zip since it lost its season-opener to the 36ers at the Dome, Cairns at 2-2, Perth 2-3.

Form fluctuations are a fact of life.

Mood fluctuations are a luxury Adelaide simply cannot afford.
Going up against the title-favourites and on their court, what are your expectations and hopes for this game? (For those who didn't catch the news on the 36ers' site, Ballinger, Bruce and Winitana are all expected to suit.)

Topic #17588 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Thats good to hear that we will be going there with a full strength team! I think with our current form and poor defence we will be losing by 10+. However it will be itneresting to see how we will go.

I am thinking of going to the game what are ticket availability like? I was thinking of getting the best seats which are platinum. Would it be too late to book them now? I was thinking with them playing on Wednesday night against Perth that people might not have bought their tickets for the Saturday game yet. Any info on the tickets would be great! Thanks

Reply #206651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Use google my friend. I Googled "melbourne tigers tickets" and found everything.

Reply #206655 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

No offense but platinum is hardly worth it in that size stadium. $30 tickets are decent enough seats. Looking forward to it, followed by the local derby the weekend after @ vodaphone.

Reply #206673 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Thanks for that Anonymous but I already did that but that does not tell me what the availability of tickets are like.

DJ do I usually have to book a few days ahead?

Reply #206678 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Winitana is "doubtful" for this game.

Reply #206683 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

From what I hear I don't think he will play either.

Reply #206685 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Wouldn't it be a huge boost to the team and the fans if they actually got a win in Melbourne? I wouldn't be aiming for anything less. As unrealistic as it is that they would get the win, that's the standard they have to aim for, particularly if Ballinger and Bruce are both playing. Its what they have to achieve to be a contender for the championship so why would you aim for anything less?

Reply #206704 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

When was the last time we won in Melbourne against the Tigers?

Reply #206716 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Much longer than I care to remember. All the more reason why now is the perfect time to turn it all around.

Reply #206718 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

Yeah thats a good point EC. The team needs to go out there positive that they are a good chance to beat them and I believe that is possible if everyone puts in the effort.

As I learnt in the movie "He got Game" "It isn't always the skill of the man but the will of the man"

We can beat them, we just have to be positive and play as a team and put 4 good quarters together!

Reply #206722 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

It's the defensive end that's going to decide it, IMHO, and I don't think Adelaide have the stoppers to get it done (sorry).

Melbourne just have too many offensive options.

Reply #206742 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Kriss the last time the 36ers won in Melbourne against the Tigers was Rd 16 2007 Adel 114 to Tigers 96.Last season in Melbourne in Rd 14 on the 19th of Dec they lost 110 to 92.EC your memory is obviously poor.So with these results we are surely capable of a win over there.

Reply #206747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When was the last time we won in Melbourne against the Tigers?"

January 07

Reply #206748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kriss the last time the 36ers won in Melbourne against the Tigers was Rd 16 2007 Adel 114 to Tigers 96"

Reply #206749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754