school leaver
Years ago

Fixture release

is it too much much to ask for the new season fixtures to be sooner rather than later - have many commitments around year 12 exams / formals/ other events that are important and think that the sooner the fixtures are up - i can begin to plan -
i mean if i cant play and then team lacks number and has to forfeit because we dont get enough notice whose fault is it - people want a commitment to play but cant give until i know that fixture - is it too much to ask - or just wait and see - trust in BSA stuff - i mean i'm the one playing to play by the way
i want to get organized - get it happening

Topic #17592 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

by the way i 'm the one paying to play

Reply #206694 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

i think they leave it till the last week usually because there is always teams dropping out or entering late, if they released a draw to early its more then likely that it would need to be changed anyway so the draw would then be usless. If your worried about formals and exams you can guess that for under 18/20's which im guessing you are. Just assume your team will be playing lateish every friday from the first friday back at school. That wont give you exact details but a rough idea.

Reply #206695 | Report this post

Fixture 41  
Years ago

Havn't even done the gradings yet.

Guess somebody thinks that his team playing, is more improtant that the rest of the 350 odd teams for next year.

Reply #206700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fixture 41 - that is dumb... If you had any idea of the work needed to do the draw with the clubs constantly making changes you would then understand why it is not done yet... A draft surely would have been done and then this will be finalised and the draw and scheduling can be done. It is not as simple as many people think and if you can just read through all the blogs on here you would understand the issues that are faced and requests/demands/complaints/changes that need to be taken into account just to do the draw....
Silly statements like yours just show you dont know a thing about the work that goes on and the hours that the person you are talking about does before during and after the season to get things moving....

Reply #206706 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

I believe they are trying for next Monday. You can be sure that clubs are still asking for changes to their original submissions, so be fair.

Reply #206710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have been reliably told we will be aware of where we are playing before we play

Reply #206728 | Report this post

Fixture 41  
Years ago

But why aren't the gradings done yet?

Is it same-old-same-old. Surely it's not too much to ask to have a game time and venue for the first game more than 1 week out from the game!

I thought having the new BSA structure was meant to create positive change. My opinion is that having the competition manager coaching away, the week that grading and scheduling is done is only going to lead to poor service.

Why can't a program be done 2 weeks out. Clubs told to get their sh$t together or only enter new teams into the bottom grade, have any team withdrawls as a bye?

Put huge fines for those clubs holding the sport to ransom by being slack!

Reply #206743 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

BSA relies on the clubs who rely on the team which relies on the players. You can't say the clubs need to get there shit together when its the players who determine how many teams and what grade those teams are nominated for. Clubs don't just nominate a team at the last minute if they've had 10 players for that team for a month.

Reply #206745 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Just say your playing, then if you cant make a couple games, dont play in them. Im sure most people understand that you have other things you need to do.

Reply #206753 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

agin i ask why cant it be up and ready know - if teams arent nominated by deadline then dont enter them - its simple - those who try to get organized continually get stuffed around in my opinion and then get hit with fines/ or please explains
the clubs or age groups who are slacked - if not nominated bad luck - beat they get organized next time around - if you accept tardiness yet get tardiness - my opinion i could be wrong
realise nationals been on - but thats not an excuse surely - what that got to do with the process

Reply #206754 | Report this post

Leopard 25  
Years ago

Only saw 4 late additions and 1 withdrawl, why take these late additions, can't help withdrawls. so doesn't explain why it has taken so long to get out a draw. we are continually told that the new bsa system will make things better other than an online draw, which is pointless. i want to know, what if anything has changed, what is the point of having a online system, supposidly saving time if it means that we get less time to have the draw out before the first game.

Reply #206834 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

BTW, just noticed this on Sporting Pulse:

"The new junior season will run from October 16/17/18 to December 11/12/13. It is expected that an initial draw will be available by COB Monday, October 13."

Reply #206853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U16 Boys now up on sporting pulse

Reply #206909 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So what does CoA mean??

Reply #206913 | Report this post

They're up :)  
Years ago

Most of the fixtures are now up on Sporting Pulse - 3 days ahead of schedule yay!!!

Reply #207032 | Report this post

Fixture 41  
Years ago

If you're dumb enough to consider 3 day before the first game being a good schedule.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Reply #207038 | Report this post

They're up :)  
Years ago

"Tongue in cheek"

Reply #207053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Fixture 41" You so remind me of the children's story "Henny Penny". The damn chook in that book constantly ran around crying "the sky is falling in" "the sky is falling in" and guess what.......it didn't. Just like the world wont end because you haven't got the fixture when you want it.

Reply #207054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754