asif
Years ago

Adelaide United v FC Bunyodkor (spoilers)

ADELAIDE WON 3 NIL.

HELL YEAH.

Topic #17602 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

I can't stand soccer but damn thats an awesome effort, might even see if i can see the final (if they make it)

Reply #206804 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah great to hear, the best bit in they did not get an away goal so hopefully they can try and shut it down on the return leg.

Reply #206805 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was there a resolution as to where they might play the final? Surely having it at Hindmarsh Stadium would keep a lot of casual fans away? Are there any other options?

Reply #206807 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Isaac, apparently there is no other suitable venues in adelaide so they will have to play it at hindmarsh. Apart from that they didn't want to give up the home ground advantage and as a result were willing to lose something like $2 million in possible revenue to play it at hindmarsh. But they are thinking of setting up the screen at adelaide oval (i think) with a live feed of the game.

Reply #206809 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

We really need a central location like fed square for these sorts of events - it comes up every time there is a big tv event and nothing happens after that - i guess that is Adelaide in a nutshell

Reply #206811 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Fantastic game and result. Assuming Adelaide makes it through to the ACL final the game will be at Hindmarsh. I would rather that than at Adelaide Oval or Footy Park where the atmosphere is just not the same which was proven when United played a one off game vs Sydney at Adelaide Oval. How much difference a good stadium in the city center would make..

Reply #206814 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

just a tought... is there any chance of temp stands being put up. I know it would be difficult and expensive to build a second tier but how about on the corners where currently there are only walkways?

Reply #206815 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

As I understand it, the final will be played in Japan. A bit like the UEFA championships where the finals location is set before the teams playing in it are decided.

Reply #206816 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

swish, there has been alot of talk in the media about where adelaide will play there home leg ofthe final if they make it so im assuming the afc champion league final will played mch the same as the rest of the k/o rounds

Reply #206818 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

I think you may be right after all. Had a look at the AFC website and there is two games scheduled for the final. I was relying on a workmates comments. Best to check the source first, eh?

Reply #206820 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

Yes the asian champions league is played over two legs a home and away. i disagree with this format and believe the game should be decided in one game just like the European champions league.

This is a huge boost for Australian soccer though. If ADEL make it into the final they will play in the world club championship against the likes of manchester united in December. This tournament will be held in JAPAN!

Reply #206826 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0.

We got 3 and they got none do da do da we got 3 and they got none do da do da day.

3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0 3-0.

We got 3 and they got none do da do da we got 3 and they got none do da do da day.

*Singing these lyrics the whole way home* UNITED!

Reply #206827 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

The final is played over 2 legs on November 5 and 12.

Assuming we make it, the 2nd leg will be played here.

surely they can put up temporary stands again like they did for the Olympics.

Reply #206833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unbelieveable. What an atmosphere at the game, surely anyone who was only a casual fan of ADL should now be a fan and the fans should now be worshippers.

Im so happy that there will be a members priority period if we make the final cause the match will sellout within probably a day or two.

Match will be played at Hindmarsh, no point in changing for more fans. Neither of the other stadiums are suitable, neither would provide the same atmosphere(mainly because of the proximity to the pitch), ADL has not lost a match at homme in 11 matches and only conceded one goal in ACL matches there.
Im buzzing today, this will be good for not only soccer in Adelaide, but soccer in australia. Aswell as Adleaide as a city. We could be marketed t the whole world soon.

Reply #206840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only if we don't get smashed by Manchester United, but first don't let Bunyodkor score three goals in the second leg.

Reply #206842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What an odd post!?!?!?!?!

Reply #206869 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Uh oh... what with the poor state of the NBL, you might soon have to change this forum to www.uprightscrossbarandnet.com.au, Isaac...

Reply #206883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754