Kurtsmells
Years ago

Most Boring AFL trade week ever!!!

Does anyone else agree that this years trade week has been ridiculously stupid! Only 2 deals so far and one was a father-son rule, i know teams want to hold their picks because of the new teams coming in but surely there will be more than 2 deals in the only opportunity for teams to deal all year!

Luckily the mighty Reds have given me something else to enjoy this last week.
3-0, 3-0, 3-0 3-0. 3-0. 3-0
We ogt 3 and the got none do da do da!

Topic #17615 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ok firstly, no soccer talk in a thread that is based on a REAL sport lol.

Secondly, the bulldogs' selection of Ayce Cordy had nothing to do with trade week so there's only been one deal lol. But usually about 80% of deals are done on the friday so we'll wait till tomorrow night to judge how boring it's been.

I've found the talks between Carlton-Freo and Hawks-Swans fairly interesting.
Freo are kidding themselves if they think Warnock is worth pick 6. I think they will crumble and take 24 tomorrow - which is still a very good deal for them imo.
Sydney say O'Keefe won't be going to Hawthorn for anything less than pick 16 but, like Warnock, I doubt he's worth a first-rounder and I dont think the Hawks will give it away. Taylor + pick 34 seems perfect.

Expect to see O'Keefe, Warnock, Lovett, Prismall, Taylor and maybe Harris, Green and Ray all with new homes tomorrow. -Ray would be great for the Crows imo but I doubt he'll want to come to Adelaide.

Reply #206920 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

O'Keefe would be a great fit for the crows and probably is 'worth' a first round pick but nobody will pay that for him with the draft class this year. He has been sydneys best player for a long time.

Reply #206928 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

O'Keefe doesn't just want to leave Sydney, he wants to return home to Melbourne. Pretty sure the Crows aren't in the picture for his services. Hawthorn or, if the deal can't be done with them, Carlton.

Reply #206931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

everyone is just holding their picks. some scrubs will move no doubt though.

Reply #206943 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

No deal for O'Keefe or Lovett.

full trde list: http://linky.com.au/x48o2

Interesting to see Brisbane gave up A.Corrie for nothing (pick 93).

Saints got a great deal on Farren Ray.

Freo ended up getting 24,56,72 for Warnock + 69.

Reply #207011 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

And the Dons got Prismal dirt cheap. Probably the best pickup of the week....

Reply #207014 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah I like Prismall but I wouldnt call it the deal of the week when he probably won't play in 2009. bit risky.

Rumour is now O'Keefe will go to Carlton in the pre-season draft.

Reply #207023 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

He should be right for most of the season, his manager even put it out there that he could be back for round 1. I doubt that will happen, but when you consider what they gave up, it should end up a steal in the long run....

Reply #207027 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah I just heard that on the news, it cant have been as bad as first thought. Still, dont underrate the value of pick 39 in a pretty deep draft.

I think it works for both teams with the Cats freeing up some cap space now.

Reply #207037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:46 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754