Isaac
Years ago

Blaze vs Spirit, Oct 10

Perhaps a chance for the Gold Coast Blaze to get a win as they take on the Sydney Spirit.

Shane Heal from the Blaze says that the team are grumpy and antsy and ready to win. Also from the Blaze camp:

Coach Brendan Joyce also denied there was any need for soul-searching after four straight losses.

"We've had some pretty severe injuries to key players," he said.

"That's not an excuse, that's a fact."
More from that article on Fox

Would not-so-secretly love to see the Spirit get this. Centrebet have them at $3.20 or so for the win which I think isn't too unappealing.

Anyone think the Spirit could get this one? Or will the Blaze be too desperate to pick up a win?

Topic #17618 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Spirit to win

Reply #206946 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

the blaze by 16+

Reply #206961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What makes you think they can blow them out?

Reply #206967 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

320 is great odds for teh Spirit in the one - after the performaces Ive seen so far this season Id have it as even money.

For the Blaze to get teh win they need to get some imput from their forwards. The key here will be Whitehead - IF he is fit (and seeing him hobbling around last week I doubt it) he will need to post 20+ and give us some much needed energy, without it we will agian have to resort to the pass it around the perimeter and shoot pressure 3's to stay in the match.

Id expect Harvey to top score with 28, Pero to see more time on court for a double double and the Blaze to get up by a couple.

Reply #206968 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The matchup for the wooden spoon? Is it too early to say that?

Reply #206984 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

i think sydney will win tonight.
Gold coast have the Hammer and Harvey unless they light it from the outside they will lose it should'nt be to hard to defend the 3 pointers.
spirt should look to pound the ball inside and i reckon they'll have a rebounding edge

Reply #207012 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I chucked $30 on the Spirit @ 3.20 - here's hoping.

Reply #207022 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

same here Bizzy - made sitting there enduring the totally inept 2nd half almost bearable....

Nah actualy it didnt really help my mood at all after the game

Reply #207048 | Report this post

Blazefan  
Years ago

Bunch of frigg'n losers.

That is the worst NBL basketball display I have ever seen. EVER. And this includes 6-7 years of Rollers basketball.

At least the Rollers always put in 100% and didn't switch into cruise control if they happen to have a double figure lead (didn't happen that much I know).

Apart from Hawkins, Heal, Harvey and possibly Frank, they should sack the frigg'n rest of 'em including that arse wipe of a coach. I'm sooo totally sick of his crap. What the frig did he say to them at half time "Good work boys, that'll shut up all the pricks on HOOPS SA and Ozhoops who can me and Daniel"

Hey Statman did they get booed off at the end? I don't know 'cause I walked out with 2 minutes to go.

Jason Crowe must be laughing his arse off.

Bunch of frigg'n losers.

By the way I should add that the Spirit were most impressive and stuck to their game plan all night.

Also, whether or not it was due to Scott Butler being there, I'd have to give the referees 9 out of 10 for their job. First time in a while I couldn't remember any bad calls on the way home.

Reply #207318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754