Isaac
Years ago

New Australian record for longest basketball game

Blisters, sleep deprivation, muscle cramps and sheer exhaustion. 31.5 hours of consecutive basketball, and a new Australian record for the longest continuous basketball game.

It replaces a record set just a week prior.

Two dozen 12-16 year olds took to the court as the Migs defeated the Learjets 2736-1919 in an epic game.

More at Basketball Australia's site

Would love to see the boxscore...

Topic #17625 | Report this topic

SKUX101  
Years ago

Stupid, Waste of time if you ask me.

Reply #207004 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

31 consecutive hours of basketball? waste of time? hardly.

Wish I was able to do that =/

Reply #207005 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Good game- learjets only lost by 817.
I mahine the pep talk from the coach "OK boys, they're getting tired. We've got 3 hours to get 500 points. Hands in, Go Learjets"

Reply #207016 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

May have had a few "Triple-Triples" in there as well..........

Reply #207043 | Report this post

delmack  
Years ago

As the organizer of this game I could not be prouder of these kids. They were awesome not only in their game but in there attitude. I have been told be some they will oneday represent Australia and aftyre this game I have no doubt they probably will

Reply #207075 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah, 817 points is one monster hole to be in. What I'd like to see is a team make a record comeback from, say, 500 points down - that would be something special!

Even better, I think the US Congress should write a 30 hour basketball game in as the ultimate penalty for the CEOs who led their financial behemoths to ruin and gummed up global credit.

They'd need to get Goorjian, Van Gundy, Pat Riley and the ghost of Red Auerbach in too, just to make sure there's no slacking on defence. (These CEOs are the type of guys who like to run up the score with easy baskets!) Perhaps even Nolan Richardson for 480 mins of hell, Arkansas style mid game?

Reply #207248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

imagine how much the refs would of got payed!

Reply #207254 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

You didn't get on the court then Skux?

Reply #207259 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I still wouldn't have gotten any court time :-(

Reply #207269 | Report this post

delmack  
Years ago

The Ref did it for free they just wanted to be a part of it.

This was actually a trial Hawkesbury are planning to do the world record of 88hrs in April. That 88 hrs of playing , sleeping eating and whatever else you need to do in that 88hrs on the side of a basketball court

Stay tune we are aiming big !!!

Reply #208114 | Report this post

zieee  
Years ago

i was captain of the migs :)
it was pretty mad fun, i would definitley do it again.
being the youngest (12) it was fun playing against 16 year olds boys and girls, and i met so many new friends.
some of the boys were to tired to actually run up and down the court so they shot halfways and most of them went in, i attempted :/
great experience :)

Reply #218528 | Report this post

Cory Byrne  
Years ago

On the 28th of March at 8:30am to 1st march at 5:30pm 2015, 24 players, 12 to each team, managed to successfully play a continuous game of basketball for 33 hours, absolutely smashing our previous record set by our school of 32 hours. I must say everyone was exhausted by the end of the day.

Reply #519019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there something in the Guinnes Book of Records on this?

Reply #519063 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754