SKUX101
Years ago

Blaze looking at signing Reggie Larry

The Gold Coast Blaze are looking at signing Reggie Larry from Boise State in the USA.
He is an outstanding player, 6-6 with an athletic frame. There are numerous videos of him on youtube showcasing his dunking abilities.
He can shoot the ball too. In his senior year at Boise State he shot 43%, which is extremly good for a man of his height.

Now Who will the get the cut, Whitehead or Hawkins?

Personally, i think you got to give Whitehead the cut. His career high is 22 points against the Wildcats, which is quite poor for an import, when you got imports such as Derrick Low,Corey Williams, Rick Rickert etc. putting those numbers up in their sleep. He hasn't really shown the league anything. If the Blaze were coasting(no pun. intended), then he would be a keeper, but they Blaze are struggling and need a change now.

Topic #17639 | Report this topic

ankles  
Years ago

Is Reggie Larry a cousin of Ricky Bobby? I don't remember him in Semi-Pro?

Reply #207183 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I wonder what will happen with imports - now that the AUD seems to have depreciated pretty severly against the USD. I'd say a lot of them might think twice about coming here if the situation continues.

For the last couple of years the ex rate was about .80/1 now .65/1... If this continues (or goes lower - and there are reasons to think it may just do that - who remembers when it was .5/1???) we might see a real drop off in the quality of imports.

Reply #207193 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Imports are usually still paid in USD. Some teams will buy US currency when the rate is favourable because of this.

Both Blaze imports appear to have injury issues. Hawkins is carrying a spur of some sort while Whitehead is only gradually returning from injury. Hawkins put up reasonable rebound/assist numbers the other day and Whitehead had something like seven rebounds in 15 minutes, but I reckon they'll dump Whitehead.

Swapping an import might get them a couple of wins, but I think to challenge in any way they might need to make broader changes.

Only Heal and Harvey are averaging over 15 PPG. Casey Frank is doing OK for 11.8 PPG.

After that, Hawkins is hardly providing import numbers with 8.6 PPG and 7 RPG, Melmeth is 7 PPG, etc. McGregor's 5 PPG and Pero's 4.4 PPG are not very good - Pero's only playing 14 minutes a game so you'd assume Joyce has given up on him?

Reply #207198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whitehead = gone

Reply #207212 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Heal is leading the league in minutes per game!
Also leading the Blaze in scoring..

Reply #207214 | Report this post

drb  
Years ago

personally i would sack both of the imports and replace them, the hawk has not produced the numbers, whitehead really hasnt had a chance yet, so if anything i would be getting rid of the hawk first.

Reply #207252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754