Anonymous
Years ago

Anyone seen Stephen K Amos?

Its a week and half or so ago that he was here in Adelaide. It was absolutely brilliant, some of the best stand-up I've seen. If you haven't heard of him check him out on youtube. But did any of the HOOPSters go and see him?

Topic #17657 | Report this topic

Wayville 77  
Years ago

no. He bagged Adelaide on Rove after performing here last time. Funny or not, i'm too fickle to support a comedian who relies on belittlement for their act.

Reply #207417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL I remember that. I think it's funny because I actually understand it just for a laugh.

Reply #207419 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Paging Ben Fitz. Ben Fitz. Amos thread in aisle five.

Reply #207425 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Russell Peters is funnier.

Reply #207453 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

i am watching and waiting, before i spring my Amos anecdote.

Reply #207461 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Don't rate him at all, don't find his jokes funny and don't find him a very likeable person. Endured one of his shows in Edinburgh about 3 years ago, never again.

If you're in to good comedians I'd recommend Demetri Martin, David O'Doherty or Tim Minchin.

Reply #207463 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I'm into bad comedians.

Reply #207471 | Report this post

Years ago

Is he going out with Tori?

Reply #207476 | Report this post

AW  
Years ago

Saw him the first time at the Fringe ? 2006, saw him in 2007 and it was a repeat of 2006.Didn't bother going to see him this year as a result, it was like Deja VU.He was very funny the first time though, needs new material.

Reply #207494 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Carl Baron is one of the best I have seen.

Reply #207508 | Report this post

Theres this guy called Rod Man. hes funny

Reply #207512 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Going to see Jimmy Carr in December. Looking forward to that one. Very very funny

Reply #207518 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

OK my Amos anecdote is this.
Got free tix to see 3 comedians at the Gov in 2006. Amos was one and one of the others happened to be a guy called Junior who's claim to fame is that he is the DJ at the wedding that says "this is for all the lovers" in Love Actually.

any way

next night we see him proping up the bar at the Earl of Aberdeen and mention we thought he was piss funny etc.

we go outside and wait for more mates to turn up an one guy is late we order dinner. Amos comes out and sits with us to drink copious amounts of beer and asking bizarre questions like what do we think of his nipples. huh?

The straight guy in the group and the one who did not see Amos the night before roles up late and we give Amos full permission to let loose on him.

To which Steve unveils his non PC drunk aboriginal character.He has unbuntoned his shirt and is looking like a complete slob complete with saliva spits and all. We pretend to the straight guy (Todd) that we have no idea who this guy is and that he just came and sat next to us while we where eating, we have tried to move him on but he gets real violent so we have just let him be.

Amos has Todd running scared to the bar buying him beer whilst swearing at him etc Todd returns to find Amos sitting upright at the table in full british snobberry accent looking a million dollars.

The confused look on his face was priceless.

The difference between Amos' set this year and last is that i gave him the challenge of not repeating one joke i had heard before, which he did.

Reply #207526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha nice story!

i had heard about 3 or 4 jokes before but 95% of it was new to me.

Reply #207557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754