Jamal
Years ago

Bullets would have been....

Not living in past, but interesting thoughts
The Bullets would have gone okay this season had they stayed around with Vandy, Petrie and Weigh all playing well. Had they have kept Gibbo, Hill and Ere could have been fine!!!

Oh well- next season!!!

Topic #17685 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Yeah .. and if the Devils had been able to hang around, think how good they woulda been, Stiff, Nash Darren Smith, Justin Cass, Darren Perry ...

Reply #207731 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

....and the Buffaloes!

Reply #207742 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Melvin you forgot 5 Time NBL All Star the Magic Man Steve Carfino off that list as well as Jerry Dennard.

Reply #207753 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I miss and mourn the Bullets.

Reply #207760 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Melvin, what about Jumpin' Joe Hurst and Wayne McDaniel!

Reply #207767 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

The Champ 33-
Are you a Brisbane-ite or an ex-Brisbane-ite in Adelaide like me?

Reply #207785 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

The Bullets will never return.

Reply #207788 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Mookie, I hope your balls get itchy, and your arms are too short to scratch them.

Reply #207793 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I use to like the hops of former Devil Calvin Talford.....

Reply #207797 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Didnt forget the greats, just went with who I remembered being in or around the final squad before they folded ... hell, probably shoulda thrown in Andrew Svaldenis, McDaniels and Talford ...

Reply #207798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Havrilla the Gorilla

Reply #207800 | Report this post

Jamal  
Years ago

peoples- in all honesty- i was making a serious point- some of the ex Bullets players are playing well and just thinking- would have gone better than many expected given Joey was coaching!

Reply #207806 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

It was a serious topic, but naturally there was always going to be at least one Bullets basher to get the ball rolling.
Absolutely agree that they would've pushed some teams to the wall- they had so much to prove to so many people after their stressful off season.

Reply #207852 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Wasn't Bullet bashing, just seemed to be a foolish and pointless statement (as a lot of hypotheticals are).
CJ was the heart of that team, and he'd bailed before any of those new guys came in, and noone was going to fill his shoes anywhere NEAR adequately - at best, Bullets woulda stayed at or about the same, but almost every club got better across the board.
So the team that went out in straight sets in 2008 woulda been lucky to return to semis again ... woulda been playing off for the 5th or 6th seed ..

As for Joey's coaching - did you ever WATCH a Bullets game ?! If he ever actually had to coach a game, the Bullets woulda been in a LOT of trouble.

Reply #207905 | Report this post

Jamal  
Years ago

what specifics are you referring to melvin?

joey is a good coach or else wouldnt be coaching europe would he!

Reply #207915 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

I'm with Melvin, Joey was more of a $talent$ manager than a coach.

"In Europe" makes coaching in some two-bit Cypriot league sound real special, doesn't it?

Reply #208291 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

You have seriously got to be JOKING about Joey being a talent manager rather than coach.
Yes, I have watched several games over about 20 years, seeing that I was born and raised in Brisbane, my girlfriend is from there too and we now live in Adelaide.
And for the record, even after the Bullets agreed to take paycuts, (the ones who meant it) all threatened to leave if Joey wasn't reinstated as coach after Jeff Van Groningen slithered back out of the rock he had crawled under.
Joey said he couldn't work with him anymore and the team stood by him.
If after agreeing to take paycuts, why would then still want their same coach if they weren't staying so he could get them more money.
Joey is a kick a$$ coach- end of story.

Reply #208299 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754