Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs 36ers, Oct 17

One of three games in the NBL tonight sees the Hawks hosting the 36ers.

Adelaide will be desperate to win this one. I've said it before, but to get a good finals spot, teams will want to look after their home court and then, at the very least, take care of some of the lower-ranked teams on the road. Those teams this year are the Spirit, Hawks and Blaze. Already the Spirit and Hawks have surprised a couple of teams and these sort of opportunities may prove critical.

The Hawks, save for Kavossy Franklin, have been doing OK. With everyone hopefully back on court for Adelaide, we enter with as good a chance here as any team, but not as favourites. Centrebet have Adelaide at $2.40 but the line is just -3.5.

These teams matched up in a pre-season game at Pasadena and the 36ers pulled away in the end thanks to Mark Tyndale. I think he'll be a key this time around again, able to defend both Franklin and Glen Saville if needed.

How do you like Adelaide's chances in this one? How do you think they'll match-up?

(Mod: Pinning this to the top for a bit to so it's easily found.)

Topic #17691 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks playe din perth on wed and would have spent all day travelling yesterday.
Best chance Adelaide will have to win with a full roster.

Reply #207772 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I should also add that Adelaide are paying $7 for a win over 10 points which I think isn't out of the question. Especially considering the Hawks recent travel (see previous post).

The game total is tipped as 207 which could be high for a Hawks game considering they've topped 95 points just once this season (and that was against the running Spirit).

I'm going with Adelaide 10+ and total under 207. Anyone else taking a punt?

Reply #207773 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Wollongong haven't been scoring a lot of points, but our defense has been a disgrace, so it will be interesting to see what scoring range this game is played in.

We really should win. Schenscher in the starting lineup, a decent contribution from Tyndale, and Winitana's energy should all help.

That said, Hawks by 9.

Reply #207774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Winitana playing?

Reply #207775 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Nice odds for Adelaide by 10+.

Isaac, is that just a normal Sportsbet at the pub? $5 minimum bet?

Reply #207781 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DB5 - I use Centrebet. Minimum bet is tiny - $1 or $2 or something? I put money in at the start of the season and then make silly little bets until I run out. Holding steady so far...

Reply #207784 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ahh, so you just do it online, and have to register?

Reply #207786 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

um, can somebody please confirm that we have a full squad 2nite?

bout to go chuck a stack on sixers +2.5

reck TAB got this wrong, maybe im just still in hope we can put together a decent game.

Reply #207791 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DB5 - yeah, register online, put some money in an account via credit card. (And then wave goodbye to it.)

Reply #207792 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sixers $7 on 10+ is crazy... I'd be throwing money behind that.

Reply #207802 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

BTW most other betting places have it at $5.50. Centrebet pulled back to $6.25.

Reply #207803 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I have found Centre Bet usually pays more however there line margin is usually a point more then Tab which could be good or bad depending on which way you are betting.

Reply #207804 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Technically we have a full list, but I expect Tyndale to play minutes in the backcourt due to fitness issues with all the other guards. Apparently Brett's calf has been niggling him for the last 2 weeks according to Coach Scotty's radio interview earlier this week.

Great to see Big Luke is starting to get some match fitness now after his long layoff.

Reply #207808 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Maher had ice on both legs at training yesterday or the day before. Calf and ankle I think.

Reply #207811 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ballinger Fan - What radio station had Scott on, this week? Anything interesting ? While the game has started, but no live scores.... yet...,.

Reply #207814 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

I think this one of those typical games where it is inexplicable to lose, yet we always find a way to. At the start of the season I thought things would change this year, but the last few games we've been creeping back into old habits such as shooting poorly, playing non-existent defence and turning the ball over a lot. If those habits of the Smyth era continue then we're no chance.

Hopefully the boys bring out the Ninnis era thou.

Reply #207815 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Might be a close game by the look of it.. Spose Maher and Davo niggling .. didn't start..

Reply #207816 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Looking alright so far, up by 7 half way through the 2nd. Tyndale looks to be compiling a nicely rounded game with 8, 5 and 6 in 16 minutes.

Reply #207818 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

FIBA Live Stats died again - or is it just me???!!!

Reply #207819 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

No panic - we're back!

Reply #207820 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

10points up .. late in the 2nd. is a bit exciting, for those that bet it.

Reply #207822 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Technically we have a full list, but I expect Tyndale to play minutes in the backcourt due to fitness issues with all the other guards."

Great call Ballinger Fan, he's had 7 assists at the half.

On track for the year's first triple-double:

Reply #207823 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

But can we please refrain from making any "Best Import ever" threads this week.

Reply #207824 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

link to feed?

Reply #207825 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Winitana listed but not playing.

Reply #207826 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Interesting half time box.
Saville "Road" has had a good one, but should tire in the 2nd half. Dusty looks like he is ready to explode.
We're giving up too many ORs to him!!!
Really good FG% from Sixers.
Jacob uncharacteristly quiet though.

Did I see 4 DR against Coops? The Ghost has risen!

7 to 7 TO
3 ST to 1 (our favour)

Reply #207827 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

we need a f#*ken timeout now Scotty

Reply #207828 | Report this post

eathy  
Years ago

link for FIBA live scores?

Reply #207829 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kavossy Franklin has been asleep the last few games but decides to wake up tonight against the 36ers. Just our luck that now is the time he decides to do it.

Reply #207831 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

87-80 down 8:53 to go in last

Reply #207833 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

94 -84 down 5:57 to go in last

Reply #207836 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

94 -90 5mins to go.

Reply #207837 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

97 -90 4:22

Reply #207838 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

97 -90 3:40

Reply #207839 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

99 - 90 3:20 to go. Sixers timeout

Reply #207840 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

103 - 92 1:11 to go. We're cooked.

Reply #207842 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

This is absolute crap, what was Scotty thinking bringing Winitana in cold for four minutes in the last quater

Reply #207843 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Pitiful Pittman stuff this is!

Reply #207844 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Great 3rd Quarter!!

Reply #207845 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

105-95

Reply #207846 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

Final 105 - 95 to Hawks.

Reply #207847 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Pathetic! Weak! And to think I thought we may have been a title chance at the start of the season.

Reply #207848 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

0-4 on the road.

Reply #207849 | Report this post

Oh jesus, I just read the above thread and it said Winitana was thrown out to the sharks in the 4th??? Doesnt get more desperate than that, and in no way do i mean for that to degrade Winitana. Ninnis by now must realise there is a huge difference between being an assistant and actually having full responsibility.... Did they even do a decent scouting report!!

Reply #207850 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

turnovers 16 to 10. We had 9 in the second half to their 3.

7 less ORs to Sixers

Reply #207851 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Someone please remind me again why we didn't recruit Rychart. God only knows we had plenty of opportunity. Scotty, you better get some help because you can't do it alone.

Reply #207853 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Absolutely pathetic! Totally shithouse! This season is a waste of time. If you can't beat a Sydney or a Wollongong on the road you will NEVER be able to beat a real team on their court.

Ninnis has been bleating for three weeks about getting Winitana back, and he doesn't play him until the last quarter? Seems like the only real change is now the coach has hair. Maher, 2/10, hopeless. Do something.

Franklin has scored about 6 points in total this month, yet what did he get tonight? It is about time we played some bloody defense! Bruce, shot ok, but zero assists? Ballinger was 7/9, so why didn't he get 20 shots? Tyndale, looks like a good all round game, but I wonder if he was on Franklin at all?

Play some defense you bastards!

On the plus side I was pretty close on predicting the margin.

Reply #207854 | Report this post

eathy  
Years ago

when Hodge gets cut by the Nets, re-pursue him. and yes i'd cut Tyndale to make room for Hodge.

Reply #207856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW, lose to a team that is apparentley only spending 2/3 of the salary cap on its players, keeps getting better. Should be lucky to get no more than 3000 people to the next 36ers home game and thankgod besides Boti we have zero media coverage.

Reply #207857 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Can we get some teal into the jerseys?

Reply #207858 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

This is where the coach has to take hold of the wheel and steer the ship. Go with the gut and don't listen to the assistants.....it's your balls on the line and if you go down, at least you go down doing it your way!

Reply #207859 | Report this post

Time to speak  
Years ago

And this is exactly what I am sure Scotty will do. For goodness sake you people, he made a decision to put someone on in the last quarter that you all dont agree with in hindsight. How brave...of him to do something proactive or of you all to post post game! Sigh! I will enjoy watching the journey Scott goes on as a new coach. He will learn from his loses more than his wins. He so far is showing balls that we havent seen in a while and I for one am excited at someone who is courages enough to make risky decision. How exciting! It's this quality in people that makes them winners ultimately. I'll back him to achieve more than those who capitulate and play party politics. Looking forward to celebrating Brett's big 500th at the next home game and watching Scott be a proactive agressive coach!

Reply #207860 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Empty feeling, now.. after the preseason signings that looked good. ( Dusty did come here looking for a spot).. Then tonite we got 10points up.. now I feel yuk.

Reply #207861 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

It wat the fact that Scott put Winitana on in the last quater after not playing him for the whole match . You cant expect a guy to have an impact in this situation. It look's a bit of an amateurish decision.

Reply #207862 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Can we get some teal into the jerseys?"
aaahahahahahahahaha lol Jack Toft!

"Someone please remind me again why we didn't recruit Rychart. God only knows we had plenty of opportunity. Scotty, you better get some help because you can't do it alone."
In the words of Dr.Evil, "How 'bout nooo ya crazy dutch bastard."

Bad, bad loss but I'm not sure that Dusty would've helped much.

Reply #207863 | Report this post

Time to speak  
Years ago

Justine, maybe, maybe not. We as pure supporters never really know the inside story and I figure he has enough runs on the board to earn my respect at the first unusual decision made. Hey, it could have been a winner We have seen some strange decisions on the past with Phil become pure gold. Stay postive and let's give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance to be supported in his growth hey :)

Reply #207864 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

That's it, the next person who mentions getting Hodge 'when he's cut' should be banned. Getting a bit pathetic people. At least wait until he actually is....

Not gonna comment on the game, but geez it's frustrating not being able to see what the problems are. It'll be really good to see at home v Perth.

Reply #207865 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Dusty had a good game, Tyndale had a good game, their stats on the season are very comparable, the main difference being Tyndale is getting 3 more assists per game, I don't think the second import spot is the issue is it?

This is a very disappointing loss, was the perfect chance to turn the season around, and after looking good early we let it slip. Was very surprised to see Bruce assistless in 27 minutes after leading the league in assists going into the game, looks like there could have been a change in the structure tonight?

I'm still adament we've got good players, we just need it to click, and time is running out.

Reply #207866 | Report this post

Time to speak  
Years ago

why is time running out? Why is it this team and this sport is run on a six month/one season investment. Business is at least a 5 year plan to succeed. I know many elite Adelaide sports have been given a lot longer than one season to show improvement and growth. I think it is ignorant to expect the sort of success many are expecting after only a few short months. We believe in time, experience and opportunity. Why cant we enjoy watching the growth and get excited at the future. Well that's our plan anyway :0)Come and join us and you will get much more joy from being a supporter.

Reply #207867 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Time to speak, where were you in the previous 2 seasons? I doubt Ninnis was given the opportunity to take over from Phil if it was going to take 5 years to succeed.

Reply #207872 | Report this post

makes the game against perth a mini final at the dome.

Reply #207875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mutley - your a tool how can you say Sydney and the Hawks are not real teams????

on paper Hawks are a deep team?

Spirit have shown at least some spirit

what has adel done??? crap

just remember you bagged Voldemort now Ninis

The coach can only do so much.

As to the Salary cap

Hawks spent everycent of the Cap just ask SAV

Reply #207880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Mutley meant anomynous

Reply #207881 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

We didn't get Dusty as we have Ballinger whom is better then Dusty.

I still don't understand why Schenscher is getting limited minutes (21 minutes) yet Holmes is playing 36 minutes for 7 points.

Ninnis has to find the right line up soon.

I don't think everyone should be going too crazy as its early in the season. Let us play a few home games and get our confidence up. If we continue to lose then, then there will be trouble.

Perhaps Winitana is still somewhat injured yet the coach and maybe him self wanted to get a few minutes

Reply #207884 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

KingJames, we had Ballinger and 1 import spot available. Tyndale has failed to impress. His averages are only bumped up by the one huge game he had in Adelaide. He has been hot and cold all this season so far. He has been particularly average on the road. With Dusty you get consistency. I also can't understand why there is this dispute about players. Surely our record so far indicates that things are far from good. I can't see a single change in players would have made it any worse. In the last 4 road games, we could have sent out a junior team and still achieved 4 losses.

Reply #207885 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

I think signing a guy like Tyndale was a wrong decision. He sure can play. But he just came out of college. It is his first year as a professional.Might be a bit too much pressure for him.

Reply #207886 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

EC as much as you love Dusty he is a power forward or a non athletic small forward. We require an athletic small forward that can guard bigger as well as smaller. Also someone that can lead a fast break at times and can drive. That is not Dustys game.

Reply #207887 | Report this post

staurt wide  
Years ago

Hi Everyone, new to the forum and good to see so many passionate comments. It is a bit dissappointingath the moment but given some solid weeks and improvement in the injuries we will awaken the sleeping giant, better to peak in the finals.

Reply #207888 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

The Sixers blew it when they let Ossie,Holmes and Dusty leave over two seasons ago. If management wasn't trying to screw these guys we would still have them and be winning. I think it will be awhile before things turn around.

Reply #207889 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Sounds like you dont know what you are talking about. 2 of those left due to needs to be pushed by coaches to get the best out of there game ( and they knew that it would not happen here if they stayed) and the other left for a lot bigger bag of cash than what he could have got here.

Interesting one of the players has returned as soon as the coach changed.

Reply #207890 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Im so sick of every one just pointing the finger at Tyndale, just cos his a important. The man hasnt played that bad, leave him alone. I will tell you right now, that import spot IS NOT our problem.

Tyndale's stats are more then respectable compared to the rest of the team and he still has not found his peak by far. Sure the man has a long way to improve but stop pointing the finger at him.

Reply #207891 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

import* first sentence.

my bad.

Reply #207892 | Report this post

Boxing Out  
Years ago

The problem is the guards . Aron Bruce overrated and both Davidson and Maher at the end of their careers.

Reply #207893 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i reckon tht starting 5 should be

Bruce
Maher
Tyndale
Ballinger
Schensh

With main rotations

Winitana for the 2/3
Holmes at 3/4
Coop at 4/5
Davidson 1/2
Hill limited use and only if we need help due to injury.

Reply #207895 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

My Tip..... Sixers 5-0 next 5 games!

Reply #207896 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

We are getting murdered at the Shooting guard position which I would think Tyndale would be guarding since he is meant to be our defensive stopper. Here is the run down of the games at mainly the opponents shooting guard.

Franklin 24 points Top scorer. More of a point guard but shoots first, pass's second so i would imagine Tyndale would be on him.

Barlow 29 points, top scorer. Tyndale was on him quite a bit.

Penney 34 points, top scorer. Tyndale would have been on him alot.

Low 26 points, top scorer. Tyndale limited minutes

Low 16 points, second top scorer.

Williams 17 points, second top scorer. Tyndale did a good job on him in the second half after getting murdered by him in the first.

Tyndale is a terrible defender. Maher and Bruce are also bad defenders but their job isn't to be a defensive speacialist like Tyndales is.

We should have found out his height before he came here and if that was the case then I would have perfered to get Mike Helms at least he can score consistently.

Reply #207897 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

I believe we are getting EVEN MORE murdered at the point at the moment.

Bruce needs to provide more, get off Tyndales back!.

Reply #207898 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

EC,

You really need to stop this love affair with Dusty. Tyndale even through his inconsistency is providing more than Dusty in terms of all around game. Dusty was basically another Ballinger, with less of an outside game. FWIW Dusty is averaging - 16.4 @ 50%, 8.2 & 1.6.

I think it is a bit unfair to be blaming Tyndale - while am I in no mean criticising Balls but he has hardly been spectacular this season - 19.2 @ 49.2% , 7.9, 1 compared to Tyndale's - 14.6 @ 42%, 8.2, 4.2 - Bit hard to say that Tyndale is our only problem, EC isn't Tyndale better since he has better all around averages than Dusty?

What about Bruce - 14 @ 34%, 2.2 & 7 hardly crazy numbers.

We as a team are struggling, not because of a single player - why not point the blame at Maher - He's struggling currently - 11.6 @ 40% (32% from 3's), 2.8 & 2.4 hardly amazing numbers.

I want to make not that I am in no way having a dig at Bruce, Maher, Tyndale or Ballinger - I'm just stating the fact that everyone is pinning it on Tyndale when he is by far not the worst player on our team.

Reply #207903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season it was the coach's fault, this season its the players fault and next season maybe no club to fault. Face it we are no longer a presence in basketball terms and not likely to be one in the forseeable future.

Reply #207907 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Bizzy & Anonymous 207907 are right you can't blame the players, they don't decide who is on the court at any one time, and Phil has been replaced.

Who's left?

Reply #207908 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

From what I recall, Tyndale was recruited as a defensive player. He is currently in the Top 20 (Top 10 for some) for Points, Defensive Boards, Offensive Boards, Overall Boards, Steals & Assists per game. From a quick glance, I cant say the same for any other import.

Not sure how you cant view him worthy EC.

Reply #207910 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dusty was not going to fit when we already had Ballinger and Holmes.

Looks to me like we lost that game last night on the offensive boards. They had 20 to our 11. Second chance points favoured them 21-13 (one bucket different from the margin). Players not hungry and motivated enough to compete? Tragardh has some size, but Rychart, Petrie and Saville aren't giants and more about hunger for the ball?

We're the second-best rebounding team (and on the offensive boards) and shouldn't be giving away that many boards.

I'd try starting Bruce, Winitana, Tyndale, Ballinger, Schenscher.

Reply #207911 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I too would like to see that 5 get a start Isaac. or Alternatively switch Holmes in for Tyndale (depending on who the opposition SF and bigs were).

Why is everyone on Tyndale's back. Because as a Import they are generally getting paid the most and expected to produce. Further to that impports are really the only players that can be replaced once the season is underway. As (normally, the demise of a few teams in the off season makes it a bit of an exception) you'd be hard pressed to find any decent aussies who arn't signed.

Reply #207919 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Personally I think people are being a bit harsh on Tyndale because statistically he isn't the worst performing player on the roster.

In fact he is leading the team in Steals (1.5 per game), is second in rebounds (7.8 per game) and assists (4.8 per game), and third in points (15.2 per game @ 43% FG, 32% 3PT).
These stats place him in the top 20 for Points, Rebounds, Assists (top 10) and Steals. I would hardly say this makes him the worst performing player on the roster.

In terms of the starting lineup, I would also Isaac's suggestion. But in thinking about it I also came up with some other thoughts & options:

1) Once Maher and Davidson find some form, I wouldn't mind seeing those two starting alongside Tyndale, Ballinger and Schensher. This would allow Bruce, Winitana & Holmes to steady the 2nd unit with Cooper, Burdon, Hill & Kersten also helping to share the load.

I have noticed that Bruce seems to play better when there is alot of movement and flow from the offence, which is why I have found that he and Maher don't work as effectively as they could. In saying this, it opens up the possibility for option #2:

2) Modify the starting 5 so that we had Bruce, Tyndale, Winitana, Holmes and Schensher. This would allow us to rotate Maher, Davidson and Ballinger through as the consistency off the bench, with those guys playing extended minutes if the opening unit isn't doing what is needed.

Now most people wouldn't like the idea of playing both Maher and Ballinger off the bench, but think carefully about it. We have the young guys (Bruce, Tyndale, Holmes) all starting the game, playing an up-tempo, free-flowing style. This would allow the veterans (Maher, Davidson, Ballinger) to come off the bench, and play to their strengths in a more structured, traditional game style.

By playing up-tempo and free-flowing to open the game, this should allow the Sixers to start gunning from the start, while allowing the tried and tested NBL veterans to come off the bench and restore control to the game (if it turns into a shootout) by playing a more methodical game and returning control of the tempo to the Sixers.

Reply #207925 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

EC you are an absolute dickhead!!!

You want another big man to sit behind Balls, Holmes and Luke? A slow, lethargic, undersized, poor defender at that.

I agree with Bizzy you really need to stop this love affair with that asshole.

Reply #207926 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Kent I totally agree with that as a starting 5, but do ou really think Jacob would accept that!? He would whinge all season long. 37 min for 7 pts OUCH!

Reply #207927 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bizzy and Ian, go take a long walk off a short jetty. You just have to look at the stats and nothing else. That's what I do all the time. You just have to look at where we are lacking and know that Dusty is an expert in that field. Each season Dusty was with Adelaide, we made the playoffs. We haven't done that since. We are sitting at 2nd position from the bottom. The cellar dwellers with no victories whatsoever is the only team below us. How much worse could you possibly get. Speak with your head both of you not your asses. If a power forward is not what the club needed because of what it already had, then it needed to make changes to what it had. By the way, I don't have a dick so can't possibly be a dickhead. And also to Isaac, thanks for stating the obvious about boards, its not as though a few extra boards would have gone astray. Hunger is something this current team does not have.

Reply #207928 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

EC,

We also made the playoffs multiple times prior to Dusty, how do you explain that?

We already had an import PF in Ballinger, do you suggest we dump him for Dusty?

Reply #207929 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Der, different coach maybe. I wouldn't have dumped Ballinger, but I know who is more productive between Rychart & Holmes. With Ballinger I would love to keep him for a long time but realistically he has an ongoing back problem which sees him missing games and even when he is playing with the pain it affects his game.

Reply #207938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id rather have Ballinger's back problems than Rychart's team chemisty problems anyday!

Reply #207939 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

And you have that on good authority EC?

He seemed to have a good last home game.

Reply #207940 | Report this post

big gamer  
Years ago

EC might be dusty himself

Reply #207942 | Report this post

big gamer  
Years ago

Ballinger>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dusty. ballinger is inferior version of redhage. whilst dusty is a inferior version of both those guys.

Reply #207943 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Clarky, Ballinger is only 28, get a grip mate!!

Reply #207946 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

EC I would have to agree with Ian with that dickhead remark. you might not have one down below but there is certainly one on your head.

"You just have to look at the stats and nothing else. That's what I do all the time. You just have to look at where we are lacking and know that Dusty is an expert in that field."

Dusty's stats: 15.4pts, 8.7rbs, not much else.

I assume you are talking about rebounding then. Yes that is certainly what we are lacking. Forget the fact that we have four (FOUR) of the top15 league-leaders in rebounds.

Ballinger $h!ts on Dusty even with a sore back.

Holmes > Dusty

Tyndale > Dusty and is more suited to the current team.

and imo Schenscher even beats Dusty.

for the record:
Holmes: 14,10,3
Ballinger: 19,8,1, +3blks
Tyndale: 15,8,5
Schenscher: 16,8,1

Yeah just look at the stats EC!

"Hunger is something this current team does not have."
-Just because Dusty is slightly overweight doesn't make him more hungry than our guys.

So why don't YOU go and take a long walk off a short jetty! (lol worst payout ever!)

...idiot.

Reply #207952 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

"-Just because Dusty is slightly overweight doesn't make him more hungry than our guys." ha ha, what a typical dickhead comment.

One last comment, then I am done, we are sitting 2nd to last on the ladder. The idiots are the ones that think that no change is needed to the current roster including the coach. The results speak much louder than any words and couldn't be any clearer.

Reply #207958 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

EC,
If you were coach for the next Sixers game, what would you do to turn things around?

Reply #207962 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

she would start 5 dustys and get very wet about it

Reply #207965 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

With 5 more Dusty's on the bench and Smyth as assistant coach.

Reply #207966 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

She obviously has a poor biased opinion about Dusty however you guys don't have to go overboard about it.

Reply #207967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we should be starting maher, mee, brookes, catalini & rees. these guys have the results on the board ;)

Reply #207970 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

hahahhahahaahah Thomo lol.

:D

Reply #207979 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

People, play the ball and not the man (or woman, in this case). Disagree, but keep it reasonable.

When someone asks a reasonable question (e.g., EC, what would you do now - given that the roster is fairly set, the coach chosen, and they're preparing for Perth), it's not conducive to a good response to throw in "play five of Dusty".

Reply #207982 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

fair enough delete my post

Reply #207987 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

still isaac you gto to admit it was helerious.

hahaha, what a good call!.

Reply #208000 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...sooooooo, no chance for a little ball for Thomo then?

unlucky lol

Reply #208031 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Disappointed to read another loss on the road while I took a weekend holiday to Renmark.

However looking forward to the home game this week Vs Perth. Great to see the team finally return home, this long gap has been punishing.

Reply #208038 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

:P

Reply #208107 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754