9,499th Fan
Years ago

Why does Ingles have to strut?!?

Off point to last nights game, but what a disapointing sight to see the 'strut' of Joe Ingles on the court (when he's playing well. It is an arrogant part of his attitude that can be removed asap.

Thoughts? (beyond - He can play so why shouldnt he?!? - Gaze, Loggins, Maher never strutted...)

Topic #17704 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

You sound like a Tigers Fan! How about when Anstey acts like an arrogant prick not to mention his dirty play? "Gaze, Loggins, Maher never" did that.

Reply #207969 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think Heal even really struts, and that's someone we consider to be one of the more confident players in the league.

Still nothing beats Abney's birdman thing - that's just embarrassing.

Reply #207971 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Lol, Isaac. That birdman symbol he makes with his hands is ridicolous.

Reply #207973 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Isaac - Love the way you said "confident" in relation to Heal!! There are so many more adjectives you could have used!

Reply #207974 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

anstey isnt arrogant he just doesnt have a brain

Reply #207975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i haven't seen the Anstey birdman thing (or the jingles strut for that matter) can someone describe? Is it similar to what abney does?

Anstey looks like such an idiot whenever he tries to do any sort of celebration. I nearly threw up when I saw him hit those consecutive threes in the Olympics and run back up the court with his tongue hanging out! If your an unco, ugly, thin-as white guy you just can do those things?

Reply #207985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Strut"? ...What? Be specific, what has he done to upset you?

He makes a big shot and he...smiles? He certainly doesn't get in anyone's face, doesn't yell or scream or play up to the opposition bench or the crowd.

Reply #207988 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

he does a weirdo run backwards after he hits a 3 with his hands in the air with the 3 symbol, i think thats what he means but ive seen a lot of players do that.
Off topic i was at last nights game and the tigers cheersquad group was above the dragons members and there was this big guy who was about to burst into tears it was hilarious the whole squad were about to cry and run out of the stadium.

Reply #207993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL. would have been great to see the look on the Tigers supporter group's face when their "greatest team of all time Melbourne Tigers got their ass kicked infront of nearly 10,000 people.

I must get over to Melbourne to one of these derbies at Hisense on of these days.

Reply #207999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Lame.)

Reply #208017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if joe wants to strut. let him, pretty sure any player will tell you when your hitting the shots anything goes. its all part of the game

Reply #208036 | Report this post

9,499th Fan  
Years ago

OK, describition: He is DESPERATE to jack up shots any other time, BUT when he makes a couple he starts jogging, WALKING STUPID slow towards subs etc. At on stage (for those at the game) he went to get the ball from a long 1st foul shot from the side line and it took him about 10-15 seconds to give it to the ref (whilst he knew all 9500 were looking at him). He seems like a real spotlight chaser, not what i want to see. PS - didnt play D until this year...

Reply #208037 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Gees sounds like some real reasons to get angry at him.... NOT! Perhaps if your team won instead of the Dragons then you wouldn't be looking for anything to attack the other team so that you can vent your frustration.

So in the first example you are saying he started walking to the bench and in the second example you're saying he took too long to pass the ball to the umpire? lol

Reply #208049 | Report this post

9,499th Fan  
Years ago

Kingtool: I am neither a Tiger or Dragon fan, thus my unbias opinion. Im obviousy dealing with a SA/Ingles attracted cat and wont get anywhere. Point is, the sooner he looses his 'strut' the better, dosnt help anything.

oh, and BTW, dont be so sensative to all anti SA threads/posts... his parent wouldnt care as must as you...

Reply #208055 | Report this post

9,499th Fan  
Years ago

and Grz spin = Yak was NOT a travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #208056 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Both Anstey and Ingles are twats.
I respect them more when they're not carrying on like pork chops.
One is old and thinks the sun shines out of his behind, the other was born yesterday and thinks the sun shines out of his behind too.
Both are thin, ugly and think their poo doesn't stink.
Jingles can play but he's starting to turn people off with that attitude he has off the court too.
At least most players know when to turn it off.
Somebody please smack Jingles down asap.

Reply #208063 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

Yeah and Jingles would be welcomed with open arms into the 36ers if they could get him...starting to sound sour in this thread!

Reply #208066 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How is that relevant? I would happily see LeBron James at the 36ers, but I think his attitude on-court at something like the Olympic Games was really off-putting. That had nothing to do with me being sour that he isn't playing in Adelaide!

Some people like their players to have a swagger, others don't.

Reply #208070 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

OK guys....here's the way it should work, eh?

Don't like what they do on the court? Fair game....no problem. I don't always like the way he acts, but he's a 21yo kid enjoying what he does.....who cares?

But really....could you know someone off the court a little before you start crapping on about what sort of person they are. I don't claim to KNOW Joe well, but he's great with fans, young and old, playful but respectful with refs.....laughs off a bad call rather than cries about it and respectful of team mates and opposition players. What's the problem?

Isaac.....it's not really relevant, I agree, but you would have to suggest there'd be a bit less Joe haters on the board if he was a 6er.

Reply #208072 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I'd pay money to not see him as a sixer!
Or only let him suit up as a sixer if part of his contract was to walk around with gaffer tape on his mouth- both on and off the court.

Reply #208082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys, Bunch of whingers. 36ers lose you crap on Scott, Dragons win you crap on Joe, Get over yourselves, and get a life.
You are not true supporters but like to moan at sports that you are not competent to comment on.

Go play with your ducks in the bath and let people do there jobs.

Reply #208083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Took 10 seconds to give the ref the ball? That's not strutting. Not even spotlight chasing.
I was at the game too and I wan't watching him fetch missed foul shots, I was watching him play (damn well). "Walking stupid" is a petty criticism.

Basketball attracts more than its share of "god's gift" attitudes, I don't think Ingles falls into that catagory just yet.

Reply #208084 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

Relevant in the fact that it would be great if he was doing it in your team, but because he does it against your team it's not sportsmanship!

This thread wouldn't be started if he was a 6er!

Reply #208087 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I don't have to be a Sixer fan to see that he earns his reputation.
The strut is hardly the first incident that shows an egotistical attitude he is yet to justify at such a young age.

Reply #208112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you start this topic Phil?

Reply #208117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dicko, maybe a bit. Hard to really make a comparison to another 36er who has had that attitude. Farley played up but it was always to the crowd more than anything (don't remember him doing it on the road).

Remember that the thread, in this case, was started by someone outside of Adelaide. Can only speak for myself, but it rarely even occurs to me that "he could've been a 36er" and I'm quite happy to see him do well with the Dragons.

As I said, I think there are simply fans that prefer the stone-cold-killer type of star more than the overtly cocky star. A lot of people don't like Anstey's style and I don't think it's just because he's not a 36er.

Reply #208118 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I just see a kid enjoying himself doing what he loves.

Wish I could feel that great everytime I go to the office.

Reply #208136 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Very much with DICKO on this one, & let's face it, he'd see more of Jingles than any of us.

Reply #208218 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ohhhh no...

Reply #208221 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Who left the gate unlocked?

Reply #208227 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Is it something I said? ; )

Reply #208269 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

your reputation proceeds you DD. I am happy to see you around here as long as you dont make a mess of it.

Reply #208271 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Kent:
"your reputation proceeds you DD".

No probs, I'll wear that.

Kent:
"I am happy to see you around here as long as you dont make a mess of it".

Cool mate, appreciate it. My situation's vastly different from what it was last season, & my foot's off the angry pedal.

Reply #208325 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754