cLaRkY
Years ago

Celtics waive Miles

The Boston Celtics have waived forward Darius Miles, who missed the past two seasons with knee injuries and who was suspended without pay for 10 games this season for violating the NBA's anti-drug program.

What do people think of this move by the Celtics?
Will this have an impact on their roster for this season?

Surely this is good news for Blazers fans, because if Miles was to play 10 games this season, his $9million (approx) salary would have been dumped back onto their books....

Article on ESPN.com

Topic #17727 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought of the Blazers right away too.

What a wasted career.

Reply #208260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does his contract come off the books after his contract expires

Reply #208264 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Surely no other team would be interested now. Sigh oof relief for the Blazers.

Reply #208273 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Apparently he was training very well. Could still be a team interested to fill a role or cover an injury?

Reply #208279 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Even if he`s playing well - it might not be worth it... Might really poison any teams realtionship with Portland and possibly other teams might not look on it too favorably - bad karma. And lets face it is it really worth tainting your front office`s rep for the sake of a guy who can barely run and has a fair amount of baggage (wouldn`t be surprised if that is why they let him go)...

I would say it would be a ####sy move by a front office to sign him and play him the 10 games - and then cut him...

Reply #208288 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Maybe the Sixers should sign him?

Reply #208292 | Report this post

Stats Machine  
Years ago

johnny sack, that's exactly what I'd do if I was a GM. But then again, I'm a wanker.

Reply #208294 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Or play the tenth game against Portland!!! Sub him on at the end of a period - 30 seconds-like!... I`d say that ###t would come back to that team/Gm for a long time whenever any kind of deal-making whatnot went down... It`s a business (i know) but it`s not like he`s Arvydas Sabonis...

Reply #208297 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

What a waste of a signing and a talent

Reply #208320 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I wonder what the chances were of the Portland front office pulling a few strings in having Boston cut him?

Reply #208328 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If I was an Western Conference GM that exactly what I'd do Johnny.

That Portland squad scares me and I'd be doing anything to make sure they are near the cap.

I can't think of one other franchise that can match the young talent that Portland has collected over the past few seasons.

Reply #208331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:13 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754