Bizzy
Years ago

Sixers v Wildcats

Tonight sees the celebration of Brett's 500th Game (if he suits he will tie James Crawfords record of 504).

It is a huge game, not just in terms of the celebration but the first home game in a month, while the road trips haven't been successful and we need a win tonight to get our season back on track.

Perth have been going reasonably well this season, although have dropped some games they shouldn't have, in saying that they have added Boomer Luke Kendall who is finding his place in the team.

The Sixers need some big games from Tyndale and Bruce and hopefully Schenscher can continue his good form from the last month.

I'm tipping the Sixers to win by 4 with a crowd of 4892

Your thoughts? What do the Sixers need to do to win?

Topic #17775 | Report this topic

Nick  
Years ago

I'm tipping the Sixers to win this one. They have played so badly in the past month or so that they'll be fired up and ready to go. Mahers milestone will also be some extra inspiration. I'm expecting a reasonably big crowd as it's the first chance to see the Sixers in a month and its also Brett 500th celebration.

Sixers by 6

Crowd of 5,100.

Reply #208678 | Report this post

this is a huge game for the players and the club. we lose and the doubters grow louder, the fairweather fans stop coming and the players doubt themselves even more.

BOYS WE HAVE TO STAND UP TONIGHT.

everyone has to take a stand tonight. adelaide used to be known for having the sixth man in the stands.
we have to raise it to another level.

upon reading boti's article today i agree and i have been saying this for a long time. Ask not what your team can do for you but what you can do for your team.

scotty throw something in the mix just to keep them guessing, something from left field.

i will do my best to bring the sixers to a win but everyone else needs to do there bit to.

The Photoball King

Reply #208686 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

What we need is...

EVERY ONE TO GET DOWN THERE AND ROCK THE DOME TONIGHT.

we need a win.

and to celebrate bretts huge acheivment.

Sixers by 6

Reply #208687 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Marsy isn't playing so hard to celebrate a game he isn't playing

Reply #208689 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Nifty as far as I know all the presentations for Brett will still go ahead.

Reply #208690 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Sixers by a basket. Crowd of 4871

Reply #208691 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I thought more tickets had been sold? Thomo posted that all the seats around him had been taken.

Reply #208693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how'd u find out ballinger was out?

Reply #208712 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yeah Jonno how did you hear about Ballinger being out? from what I understand he is playing.

Reply #208717 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

i thought i read it on a post on this forum or the ozhoops forum, maybe i was mistaking it for a past post or read it wrong or something, as im looking to find the post i read and cant find it, lol, my bad guys, heres hoping he is playing!
Go sixers!!

Reply #208718 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Nope, Ballinger is out. Ill.

Reply #208719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh sh*t. that drives a truck through the sixers plans. lets hope they can lift without him.

Reply #208720 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

With Ballinger out, on paper the 36ers would even struggle to beat the Blaze, signs are not good at all for this team. Around 3800 will de attending the game.

Reply #208721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats by 20. Crowd 3490

Reply #208723 | Report this post

jamal  
Years ago

channel 7 adrian barich just said at 18:25 (perth time)- 2 minutes to go!! instead there is 6 minutes!! channel 7 news is CRAP

Reply #208741 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I betcha'J-Foxx isn't at the game....

Reply #208743 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

3:12 to go and the Wildcats are up by 14. 82 - 96.

Reply #208744 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Full credit to Schensch, he put in a brilliant individual effort

Reply #208747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone have final scores?

Reply #208749 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Could the cheerleader's shorts get any tighter?
I though Emma Hack painted them on, but each time I checked I got an elbow in the ribs....

Reply #208755 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

the short are good, the 3rd quarter was good, luke was good, the rest not so good.

Reply #208759 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Luke was the only one playing tonight. Tyndale has got to go. I get so frustrated watching him play. He does not fit into the team. With such a shortage of scorers, so obvious tonight with both Ballinger and Maher out, I do not know why we need the type of player that Tyndale is. A total waste of an import spot. To all those who were excited in the pre season with all the young South Australian players recruited, what have they done for the team so far apart from Schenscher? Kersten, Burdon and Hoban didn't even make an appearance on court tonight. Brad Hill is the master of turnovers. Having said that, tonight I was desperate for Ninnis to put Burdon on. With the very few 3 point shots made, he is a 3 point shooter and may have made an impact in limited minutes. I haven't figured Ninnis out yet and I wonder if he has figured himself out yet.

Reply #208762 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ninnis: Very average coaching night (although I'm not calling for his head like others). Hill to guard Redhage in the first half was a HUGE mistake, neither of those guys were ever going to be strong enough inside. He realised his error later and used Holmes/Cooper/Tyndale.

Schenscher: Absolute star! Showed why he is an NBA-quality big man. 33pts and 20 boards if you missed it.
Offensive rebounding was superb - 8OR. Was unstoppable in the post. Ben Knight denied him the ball very well in the last quarter and the double/triple-team came quicker but I thought they still should have tried harder to get it to him, I can't imagine many Knight getting many deflections if they were to lob it to him. Holmes and Tyndale in particular looked very hesitant to pass it to him.
Also, 11/13 free-throws. He's got a funny stroke but it was effective tonight.

Holmes: Very good - 16pts, 10rbs. His hustle was great and he did well defensively on Redhage in the 2nd half.

Cooper: Pretty good in limited minutes. He also did well on Redhage and his block on Hinson was massive.

Tyndale: Average night statistically but his D was fantastic. Looks very shaky handling the ball but somehow only managed 2 turnovers.

Winitana: Pathetic offensively. Defense wasn't great by his standards either. Had to take advantage of this oppurtunity with Maher out but didn't.

Hill: Not bad, made up for an average start with some cheap points late in the 4th. Defense was terrible though.

Bruce: Had a horror first half and got most of his 8 turnovers then. Kinda made up for it in the second half and looked more aggresive. Needs to get his assists back up.

Davidson: Great spark off the bench. Really hassled the ball-handler (as always) and had 5 good assists. Gave away some silly fouls though.

Wildcats: Choked like the Power in the 3rd but it didnt matter after their awesome start.

Dancers: WTF?! What happened to the old uniforms? Very disappointing :P

Bonz: Didn't get a look at his pants tonight, how were they? lol.

Someone tell the announcer how to pronounce Loughton.

Music: I like that wierd thumping sound they play to put pressure on the opposition but it needs to be turned off as soon as we get possesion back.

Refs: Very average. One that stood out was the Loughton's moving screen which took out Bruce. Campbell Brown got ejected for doing that to an Irish bloke in the International rules game last night!!! How do you miss that? Afterwards they were calling soft ones everywhere, where's the consistency?

RULE CLARIFICATION: When a player gets fould during a put-back dunk/layup.
-I know in the NBA it is not a shooting foul because the player is in the act of rebounding, not shooting. However, after it happened to Al Loughton and I called the ref a prick for getting it wrong, a guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said the NBL/FIBA rule is different. Is that right?

Reply #208767 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Rod Grizzard had just 6pts (3/9) tonight for Melbourne. If he gets cut (he should) and the 6ers agree with EC, which i doubt, he could be an option. Offensively he plays too much like Ballinger IMO but could be considered.

Reply #208771 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

XztatiK, you may enjoy picking up the rubbish scraps after others have made their choices, but I don't. What makes you think that if Grizzard is not good enough for the Tigers, he is good enough for the 36ers?

Reply #208778 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Apart from game 1, we haven't had a team who has been 100% fit. Ballinger's back, gastro, Bruce's hammy, you name it, the team has had it.

Could be time to think about next year....?

Known losses:
* Maher - retired - memoir time
* Davidson - Off to Westies
* Cooper - Off to NZ?

Possible losses:
* Tyndale
* Kerstan?

Team
* Holmes (C)
* Schench
* Ballinger
* Hill
* Bruce
* Winitana

Coaching staff?

Reply #208781 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

EC,

"XztatiK, you may enjoy picking up the rubbish scraps after others have made their choices, but I don't. What makes you think that if Grizzard is not good enough for the Tigers, he is good enough for the 36ers?"

WTF do you want EC??? Give me a freakin name. And it better not be Rychart.

I am a fan of Tyndale - who is not a recycled player - I have said that.

I said in my post that Grizzard plays too much like Ballinger, I wouldn't take him - I was just putting his name out there as an option.

And Grizzard isn't exactly a "rubbish scrap" anyway, if he was to get cut it would be because of positional reasons - not because he isn't good enough. He is a star at this level.

I can see you are going to jump on everything I say now after I criticised your favouritism towards Dusty but please make sure you have something good to say first.

Reply #208783 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Sixers: Need to get everyone on the court. With so many new guys out there it must be very tough at that level to get a flow when you don't know who's in the line up each week.

After pretty much 2 years out of the game Schench was amazing tonight and showed plenty of doubters out there that he has game. Back court were way too casual with the ball and some of those early turnover were average for an Under 18 team let alone a NBL side.

I expected more from Perth and even when they built the big leage early I felt that was more due to the average performace of the 36ers and not really because the Wildcats did anything special.

Refereeing: One great NBL ref, one has been who should have retired years ago, and one rookie (first gamer I was told) who was like a deer in headlights. Missed charged call early with Winitana showed the crowd what they could expect and it got no better from then. Allowing a head coach to throw a Powerade onto the court, which led to a lengthy delay but no penalty was a disgrace! Thank god we had Haines tonight because the other two just made mistake after mistake.

Sound System: Was all over the place tonight. Sometimes too loud, sometimes too soft, sometimes clear, sometimes messy. Sounds more like pilot error than the system but I really wouldn't know.

Maher Celebrations: Very messy and very average. Wine from a fold out stand but no you can't collect the wine just order it, then go outside to another fold out table (if you can find either of them) to collect. Come on guys work it out. I felt Brett deserved a lot better and I certainly hope they get it right at the last home game of the year in what will be Brett's last home game for the club. The man deserves a lot better and tonight just didn't cut it for me I'm afraid.

Crowd was decent and noisy at times which was good, even better when you consider the three straight losses and the fact a lot of people knew Brett wouldn't play. Had some decent radio and press (as always) so that would have helped.

Dancers: Horrible uniform, I certainly hope that was a temp job.

Murray: was great to see him get excited, unlike the last home game.

Tyndale: Major management screw up. Way too small (didn't management tell us he was 6-5?), too limited and too raw. The guy looks like he's been pulled off a New York playground. We need an import who can fire up the team, be the go to guy, score when we're in trouble. Sorry he just ain't the guy and need to go, now.

Reply #208790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon email me and I will let you know why the wine had to be done that way. Ben@ benfitz.com.au.

Reply #208791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC - dusty was the titans 'rubbish scraps' , correct me if i'm wrong?

Reply #208803 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

CANTEEN

Each game at half time I enjoy lining up in the south-west kiosk (the one run by the asian women) to get a cornetto I can take back to my see to cool me down for the next half.

Once again, no cornettos!!

What's the story with the cornetto shortage. There is a direct correlation between the lack of cornettos in the canteen and poor game performance by the sixers.

Has Ryan Kersten been eating the cornettos pre-game??

Bring back the cornetto!

Reply #208829 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Titans?

Reply #208831 | Report this post

ronnymac  
Years ago

As a cats fan now i expect a meltodown in the second halfs. it would be more unusual if they didnt have one. perth has made choking an art form.

Reply #208861 | Report this post

Herka  
Years ago

anon! expected more from Perth ?? nearly 20 points up at half time on the road any team in the league would take that ! so i dont know how much more to you can expect !!

Reply #208894 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754