Corey
Years ago

What is up with the Sound System at the Dome???

Whoever the 36ers paid to install that sound system should call them on Monday and ask them to come and take it out. It is absolute second-rate! Distortion, cracking noises, too quiet, too loud....??? This also maybe user/operator affected as well.

Surely in today's day and age, with the Technology that is around, something that is actually BETTER than what was replaced could have been put in??

For example, Bonz doing the Raffle at 3 Qtr Time I could not even understand a word he was saying, too much distortion.

I don't normally come on here and have a gripe, but when I am having a very un-enjoyable experience at what I believe is normally a great atmosphere, I have to put my opinion and complaint forward.

Better put the Sound System back on the list of upgrades with the new "Cube"......!!!?!?!?!? LOL

PS. Bring back last year's court announcer (Forgot his name, the older guy), the new guy sounds like Kermit constipated.

Topic #17791 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

+1 to above post on announcer and pa system

Reply #208750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same comment for West area. Sounds like the mid/high range speakers are shot. Love watching the video before the game, but have absolutely no idea as to the commentary.

Reply #208751 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I haven't noticed anything where I sit - south down the bottom in the middle, except for Bonz' microphone after half-time - sounds like someone pushed mute! I guess the speakers aren't pointed down though so wouldn't be in the best place to hear any distortions.

Reply #208753 | Report this post

J-Foxxx  
Years ago

Its call "Trebble" and "Bass".

Most people have no clue how to adjust it, or dont even bother. Maybe try that button called "Volume", it seems to work pretty good.

This is the trouble with most NBL venues Ive been too, except 4 maybe the King Dome and The Ncle Ent. Cent when Clint Dogg was doing it.

(Mod: It is called 'Treble', actually)

Reply #208780 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

yep agree with the sound issue and it was commneted on by those around me. South section lower teir.

Also liked previous court announcer better but can see the need to develop new talent.

Reply #208793 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

please dont mention clint dogg on this forum he is the biggest tool of all time

Reply #208812 | Report this post

staurt wide  
Years ago

To give some informed comment on the sound system, it is never going to be perfect as the acoustics in any stadium with no curtains on the roof will be distorted. Also we should pend money in other areas other than $350,000 on a new cube. First things first we need to get the NBL board in place and a proper business plan to take this league to a higher place rather than leaving it with ego driven wealthy men who see the league as a big tax dodge

Reply #208817 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I suspect that J-Foxxx is the tosser formerly known as Clint Dogg

Reply #208820 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

i think your right TR, thought that filth had long gone of to where wannabe black rappers go to die

Reply #208824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If money is an issue, why did they spend money on a new sound system which doesn's sound as good as the former one. I could hardly understand a word that was spoken last night.

Reply #208828 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Maybe they could re-orientate the speakers to suit the majority of the fans. By that, I mean, I haven't been able to understand a word from the PA for the last 10 years. I thought last night was a huge up-grade, & my ears ain't getting any better. I'd be interested in comments from anyone from the Northern area, if they've heard an improvement.
Sound systems are notoriously pesky in stadiums, so I wouldn't be too hard on the installers/operators just yet. From what you guys are saying, there could be a driver failure in the western bank.
Maybe I'm getting soft in my ol' age, but I thought it was a huge improvement on what I've endured over the years.
Props to skip with his work too, though the "Sadie" track might've ruffled a feather.
On that note, I wasn't impressed at all with the announcer sticking it to the "Idol" (long time 36er fanatic) anthem singer.

Reply #208837 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

I sit down the bottom of the North-West corner and the I tend to agree. For music the sound is fine- maybe even a little too loud but when someone is speaking it is rather hard to hear and does distort from time to time.
What I think is a bigger problem is the video screen. Don't get me wrong I ppreciate having it but it is incredibly hard to see from the Northern end it is rather blurry.

Reply #208903 | Report this post

King of knobs  
Years ago

I sit in the Nth Western Cnr. The 1st year the dome was open the sound system was awsome. The very next year it seemed some smart ass techy thought he would have a play with the knobs and I recon it has been stuffed since.

Th 1st game of this season I thought it was an improvement; however that seems like months ago now, I recon the same techy has screwed around with the settings again and the result is you cant hear anyone with a mic. To much bass!

Get out the yellow pages and look up sound systems or audiovisual.

There are plenty of companies who do sound for a living; Im betting they could improve the sound system with a few good turns of a knob.

Reply #208971 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Krix supplied the original system, & they established a living out of supplying the cinema industry. Trouble being, that brings with it, a multitude of twiddles for inexperienced operators to screw over. Much respect for Krix (local Southern suburbs-based), but control of the system, comes back to the location operators. Speech clarity, theatre (ambience), & music, are enhanced by vastly different settings, & should be optimised & locked in acoustic by professionals, rather than leaving it to a single source & monitored, inexperienced knob twiddlers on the night. Get those pre-sets locked in by acoustic professionals, who aren't paid until things are right.

Reply #208977 | Report this post

J-Foxxx  
Years ago

(Mod: Bye bye!)

Reply #209181 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754