Ch 9 news now

Topic #17803 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

said there talking with his agent but his priority is another nba gig first

Reply #208881 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Don't tell me we're looking at delays like last year. ; )

Reply #208887 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Would we have more success tyring, on You Tube?

Reply #208888 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

im liking the idea ninnis is allready searching for replacements, at least its more proactive then sleepy phil

Reply #208889 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Phil was active management weren't

Reply #208893 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Perhaps Sixers should check Tyndale doesn't have an Iron deficiency ;)

Reply #208895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Tigers will drop Grizzard and go for Hodge they have the points don't they?

Reply #208900 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If the Tiges were to cut Grizzard it would have to be for a PG and while Hodge can play there he is really a SF/SG.

Reply #208904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol king james, maybe they do the 100 blood tests 1st

Reply #208912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if they dump grizzard just sign him he shits on tyndale

Reply #208915 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Management will decide if anyone new comes not Ninny smells like last season to me.Soon it will be Ninnis can't coach either.

Reply #208916 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

They will need to find the money to pay Tyndale out and then the extra money that Hodge will be after to get it done IMO

Reply #208921 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

tigers arent grizzard for nuthin, he's got a 3 year deal and is playin better then ebi ere

Reply #208930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well if they drop ere for hodge sign ere again he shits on tyndale

Reply #208932 | Report this post

nifty  
Years ago

Hodge won't be coming money offers in Europe to big.However if Mal is sold out new owners may have the interest and money to act quickly.Gold Coast have also spoken to Hodge

Reply #208934 | Report this post

Get over it.  
Years ago

The only way we will see Hodge back in Adelaide is if he is visiting on holidays from te NBA or Europe.

He wont be back, get over it.

Reply #208961 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Agreed, why would he come here when he can earn much more $$$ in Europe. Plus Europe is much more competetive, and acheives much better media coverage. There's many reasons why Europe is a better option than Australia. Also, I can see why he would want to come to the 36ers or the Blaze. Both are really struggling at the moment.
If he did return which is very very very unlikely, I see him going to the Tigers for Grizzard, the Crocs for Ellis etc.

Personally I think Hodge can play PG reasonably well. Imagine the Starting 5 then:

Hodge
Barlow
Ere
Anstey
Sam Mac

Reply #208992 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Tommy, Ebi has been playing far better than Grizzard.

Reply #209008 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Get over it - funny that you mention Hodge coming here for a holiday.

My understanding is that's exactly what he's planning to do. He will stay in the US for the first bit of the NBA season, but is planning a "holiday" to Australia, as he has no interest in Europe - despite the obvious money he could get there. (that is coming from a source close to the team, you guys can take it or leave it as you please.)

On a side-note, I can see the Dragons cutting Darden or even Groves, and you would think that they'd have the sort of cash that Hodge would be interested in. I hope not though!

Reply #209022 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Interesting that he's asking for about the same amount of money as the NBL salary cap for the whole team.

Reply #209023 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

I noticed that too Camel, I wonder if that's an indication of the off-the-books salary for the Ere's, Anstey's, Bruton's, etc of the league?

Reply #209026 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It's going to be intereting, then. As you say he's coming here on a ' holiday ' in November, after having a look at Toronto, I think,and with offers from Europe of about $800,000.

Reply #209027 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea well if he has offers of $800,000 from Europe who can blame him for asking the 36ers, tigers or who ever to match it, its his job. It doesnt mean he is necisarily selfish or anything.
In the end with Hodge it will come down to the Europe $$$ or the Aussie lifestyle i think, as neither can match each other, so if he stays here the $$ wont be the biggest issue as no nbl club would be able to put that money on the table for him, especially if they want to seurvive more than 1 season. so if he comes to the NBL it will be for life style so i think Adelaide would still have a chance, but he could also go well i wanna play in Australia and just sign with the highest bidding nbl team, which would be quite likely IMO as it sort of gives him the best of both worlds. The one thing the tigers cant match us on is hour larger fan base and reportedly better atmosphere at the game, plus if he made friends with say Ballinger, Maher, Davidson, etc it would also give us an edge over other NBL teams.

Reply #209031 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

also if we cant lure Hodge back, i would like them to look at other recently cut nba SG/SF's. Demmar johnson and Ruben Patterson come to mind, among with im sure many other gun players, if they are out of reach $$$ wise, im sure options that may be possible such as bringing back Farley or going for Crowe, Wethers or giving Josh Pace another crack, as the first 3 are all proven and would be different but an upgrade to Tyndale IMO, and Pace has played and starred in NZBL and also the CBA so has some pro experience so also would be a safer option, and all those guys would be $$$ cheaper than Hodge or semi proven NBA players.

Reply #209032 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

US dollar would severely impact any negotiating power an NBL club had.

Jordan - not quite - maybe around $400k for those guys?

Reply #209039 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, the conversion rate is irrelevant. It has no bearing on the salary cap, so if a gig in Australia is sought, then its under the Australian salary cap rules, take it or leave it.

Reply #209077 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

What salary cap are you talking about???? The Tigers/Dragons version or the rest of the league version???

Reply #209089 | Report this post

Years ago

The conversion rate is irrelevant???
Funniest, stupidest thing you have ever written (and that is quite a feat!).

Reply #209097 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

today, since when has the NBL adjusted the salary cap due to changes in conversion rates. If you work in Australia, you are paid Australian dollars. Now how stupid is that? The only stupid thing I see is your response.

Reply #209104 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Imports are usually paid in US dollars. If Hodge was getting/offered US$x previously, he'd be comparing to that now, not the AUD equivalent.

And he and his agent are not going to care about the cap rules - why would they?

Reply #209128 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I didn't think about the exchange rate, when Scotty said it works out to be about the same as the whole teams salary cap for Hodge.
That means his agent is trying to get about
USD500,000. Which means you might get him for
USD400,000, and, as you say, about a month ago that was AUD400,000.. now about AUD800,000.

Reply #209132 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

The Euro is very strong against the USD were as the USD is very weak against the USD.

Despite being unhappy in Europe last time you would think the extra cash he would make would make it a lot more comfortable this time around.

Reply #209133 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754