XztatiK
Years ago

Crows and 36ers unite

We saw the Birdman - Brett Burton - present Brett Maher with a Crows guernsey for his 500th game celebrations Saturday night and for those who were victims of the poor sound system and couldn't hear the announcement, it is because these two leading local teams in their respective sports are now partners.

Adelaide CEO Steven Trigg said, "Our club has always had an excellent relationship with the Adelaide 36ers however this more formal agreement will see our two clubs take our already healthy relationship to another level. We already share the same colours, many members and sponsors and a common desire to be team's "for all South Australians."

Here's the rest of the article from the AFC website:
http://linky.com.au/j1td3

Fantastic for Crows/36ers supporters, now we just need the 6ers to play more like the Crows.

Topic #17804 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

"Fantastic for Crows/36ers supporters, now we just need the 6ers to play more like the Crows."

We do, lose in finals.

Reply #208919 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bizzy, Spoken like a true Port Power choker!

However, after the 36ers last few games rumour has it that Alan Scott is insisting on some teal in the jerseys

Reply #208922 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Power haha - Been Hawks supporter since forever.

Reply #208929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Needed this alliance when both were achieving, not when both are in decline in crowds and support. Too little , too late.

Reply #208938 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Assumed that if you didn't go Crows, must have gone Power. Sorry Bizzy, you must be a Victorian? or a Tasmanian hpoing for the VFL team to relocate to the isle?

Reply #208939 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

either way, as a neutral in afl support, its a big plus, to draw on the crows offield success with there continuing dominance in memberships (1 2008) and offield profit (no.1, with no afl assistance funding like the vfl based sides)

good union, should lead to better publicity and exposure, now all we need is a 36ers team to play with some greater intensity

Reply #208973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as above whatever your feelings on the crows this has to be a plus, i can see no downsides at all. The worst that can happen is nothing changes at all and we have achieved nothing.

Reply #208979 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Jack - South Aussie through and through, but went for the Hawks prior to the Crows inception, so if I had to pick an SA team it would be Crows though.

Reply #208985 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Jack Toft, come on man you don't just accuse someone of being a Power supporter like that. That's about as big a slur you can say these days.

Anon, "Needed this alliance when both were achieving, not when both are in decline in crowds and support. Too little , too late."
Are we talking about the same Crows? You mean the ones who have the most members in the AFL?

I find it kinda funny that the Power have a partnership with the Thunderbirds (netball) and now the Crows are with the 6ers. Very appropriate.

Reply #208995 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

both unions, netball and bball, have nothing but upsides regardless of your AFL prefernces, ppl need to look past that and see the REAL benifits

Reply #208999 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind the 6ers being as successful as the Crows. Its been a while since we've made the finals, and based on the way the season is heading, a first round finals exit sounds pretty good right now!

Reply #209025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

be like the crows make the finals and do nothing when you get there. very succesful club. better off finishing last at least you get the wooden spoon and better draft picks.

Reply #209028 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Someone tell anon that there isn't ACTUALLY a spoon made of wood that the bottom club wins from the AFL.

Is that what Port were going for this year? unlucky.

Reply #209075 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

If I were a player, I'd want to be playing with the Power.. but as a supporter, surely you'd rather be aligned to the 6ers.

Reply #209082 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

"i can see no downsides at all."

I certainly can see downsides, i do not wish to be associated with the crows in any way.

I support the adelaide 36ers and Port Power!

Chardonnay sipping, johnny come lately football teams who are more about profit and business than sport are not welcome at my Basketball club!

Reply #209107 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hahaha that's what I love most about this new partnership - it pisses off Port supporters :)

"Chardonnay sipping, johnny come lately football teams who are more about profit and business than sport are not welcome at my Basketball club!"

Would you rather a team with feral supporters who are too lazy to get to their team's games when their losing even despite the chance of seeing Brogan or Motlop knock a guy out off the ball when they can't get the ball themselves?

lol I love footy banter. Port should make an NBL team so we could have more of this on Hoops SA :P

Reply #209110 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Power v Crows basketball game at the dome would be good. Half footy players and half basketball players in each team.. bit of fun like slow down..

Reply #209120 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754