SVD
Years ago

Oden injured in season opener

Greg Oden left the game with a foot injury in the 2nd qtr of the game v the Lakers today.

Sam Bowie anyone?

Topic #17849 | Report this topic

David  
Years ago

anyone know what he did

Reply #209381 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Sorry pushed post before I added details

http://linky.com.au/jg8aq

Reply #209383 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Rudy Fernandez had 16 on debut. -Gonna be a gun.

Luke Walton got 2mins and Odom came off the bench. Wierd.

Reply #209385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mid foot sprain, x-rays came back inconclusive. commentators in the broadcast didn't seem 2 think it was too serious.

certainly proving to be VERY injury prone

Reply #209386 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Lucky Portland are so deep at C (Pryz, LMA (- if need be), and Frye)... I hope it`s just a niggling injury and doesn`t point to anything more nefarious... Maybe he really is as old as he looks - while everyone was pissing and moaning about Yi`s real age Greg Oden and his handlers pulled a shifty on the Blazers...

Reply #209387 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

He's heading strongly towards the injury prone status.

I still struggle to believe he's 19/20 with all those wrinkles etc

Reply #209393 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Injury prone??? Not really, had a the same kind of knee injury as a heap of other NBA stars, that havent been deemed injury prone, and played fine through the preseason, probably just bad luck he sprained his foot on some freak play.

Oden will be a superstar ion Portland.

Reply #209402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummm...what about all the injuries throughout college samba?
His last 2 seasons have been either abandoned or severely hampered by injury and then 1st game of this season goes down with another injury. To me that looks like injury prone.

Reply #209404 | Report this post

Lil Johnson  
Years ago

Samba, who are you comparing him to? Oden seems pretty injury prone for a 20yr old.

Reply #209467 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I just don't think humans were meant to be so damn big at a young age.

How old was Shaq when he came to the NBA?

He spent a bit of time in college- working into competitive ball, maybe Oden needed to hang around at college until he got a full season under his belt.

Lets face it- he will have an awesome 10 years between 24 and 34 where whatever team he is on will be contenders. Injury setbacks will only help the team play without relying on the big guy. (i'm a half glass full kinda guy.)

Reply #209481 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Update from ESPN.com

An MRI and CT scan on Wednesday revealed that the injury the Portland Trail Blazers center suffered in Tuesday night's game is a mid-lateral right foot sprain that will sideline him two to four weeks.

Oden to sit for 2-4 weeks

Reply #209517 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

grant hill anyone ?? worst yet yeah ..sam bowie. high pick no go. real shame. the NBA needs another star big man. Gone are the glory days when robinson, aa young shaq, mourning, ewing & olajuwon patrolled the paint

Reply #209539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754