Isaac
Years ago

Greg Vanderjagt earning a spot in the Blaze ten

He might've already come up in that thread from the other week about the surprises and improvers of the 08/09 NBL season, but I thought Greg Vanderjagt was worth singling out again today.

After signing with the temporarily-reborn Bullets roster earlier this year, Vanderjagt was left stranded when they folded. He was subsequently added to the Gold Coast Blaze roster as 11th man and has made the most of his opportunities to date.

Despite sitting 8th on the Blaze roster ranked by minutes played, Vanderjagt is third in scoring for the team with 11.6 PPG in just 19.39 minutes per game. On top of that, he's leading the side in rebounds!

So far, he's got his time through injuries to other players - each Gold Coast import and now Scott McGregor have missed games with various complaints.

But if or when they have a full squad again, should the Blaze look at bringing Vanderjagt into the ten at the expense of another player?

On a tangent, Greg's situation reminds me of Neil Mottram. Moved on from the 36ers to the Sydney Kings, Mottram was also stranded when that club fell apart. Makes you wonder if the already tough-playing Mottram could be invaluable to another NBL side especially now that he'd be fighting for a role in a team?

If it weren't for points cap limitation, I'd like to think that the Crocs would've picked him up instead of Susnjara. Or if Knight hadn't been available, that the Wildcats might've grabbed him to fill in for Rogers.

Topic #17864 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Why cant the sixers suit Motts Sunday to replace Paora?

Reply #209574 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Kent, I believe it is an injury waiver not a religious one....

Reply #209779 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754