Hangin Round
Years ago

Summer fees

Out of interest, what fees are clubs charging Juniors for Summer and Winter for 2008/9?
With 2 games less for Summer and the same number of games for Winter, some parents are asking questions.
The same amount of training takes place, therefore BSA court hire remains same, but is it up to clubs to take a cut in these difficult times?
It is diificult for clubs to try and explain fees to parents, especially those coming from Social to District, so answers would be interesting/appreciated

Topic #17866 | Report this topic

Cluber  
Years ago

As you have said the clubs are still training at the same venues; it still costs the same so why should your cash strapped no profit club take yet another hit?

Reply #209599 | Report this post

SAD  
Years ago

It is very difficult for the Clubs, they cannot risk reducing training venue hire for the risk of loosing the venue's.
Nominations costs to BSA are the same.
The problem is even greater with divisions with bye's.
The Clubs have no avenue available to them to reduce the cost, infact some Clubs are loosing revenue from less games, less canteen and bar sales.
To be fair BSA is also loosing revenue, less court hire recovered, door charges etc.

I dont think playing less games is a big issue, time off is a treasure, unfortunately, I cannot see any way to reduce the cost to members

Reply #209620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't we just have this whinge a month ago?

Reply #209657 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

This makes no sense. Why would fees reduce because there are less games? The fees you pay cover court hire for training, club running costs etc.

The saving will be made in the fact that you pay less in stadium entry fees, only forking out 9 times instead of 11.

Pretty obvious, I would have thought.

Reply #209672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually my fees covers training and watching games from the bench. Less games therefore less training and i get to view less games!!!

Can't see us training if there isn't a game in the same week

Reply #209678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754