LC
Years ago

2010 NBA Allstar Game set for Cowboy Stadium

I'm on fire with the posts today...

The NBA has today announced that the 2010 NBA Allstar Game will be held at the new 100,000 seat capacity Dallas Cowboys Stadium!

Link: http://linky.com.au/rxztw

"Living up to the old adage about doing things bigger in Texas, the Dallas Mavericks and Cowboys are collaborating on hosting next season's showcase event. It will be among the first major events at the soon-to-be-completed, $1.1 billion facility in nearby Arlington."

"And if all goes according to plan, this event will set the record for the largest crowd ever to watch an NBA game, shattering the mark of 44,735 set at the 1989 All-Star Game, not-so-coincidentally held at another Texas-sized venue, the Houston Astrodome."

Wow! Imagine a basketball game at the MCG or Sydney's Telstra Stadium and that is what it would be like! That would be aweesome to be a part of that crowd, but I'd need my binoculars!

Topic #17876 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah I hope they're not charging too much for tickets up the top.

Reply #209716 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That would be terrible, they would have to erect screen everywhere so people towards the back could see what the hell was going on. I could think of nothing worse than sitting up back of a massive stadium for a basketball game, much prefer to watch it on tv over a few beers with mates.

Reply #209754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how the hell would you see whats going on?

Reply #209789 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754