LC
Years ago

Ingles: I'm going to "have a crack" at the NBA"

Article posted today on Fox Sports that has Joe Ingl;es confirming he is going to give the NBA and the 2009 draft a crack.

Link: http://linky.com.au/vepim

So the questions won't be will he or won't he nominate for the draft next year, but more importantly will he or won't be drafted will be the questions being asked.

If he does get drafted, 2nd round is most likely IMO. But as Jawai has shown, you can still pick up a contract. I think Europe will end up being his next step but hope he does "crack" the NBA.

Topic #17877 | Report this topic

Black Dracula  
Years ago

You never know. Everyone seems to mention his size as a liability, but I think if you can play, no one in the NBA would really give a toss. Look at how wiry (and chimp looking) Tayshaun Prince is, yet he was a starter on a championship team.

Reply #209709 | Report this post

Ironically I feel he'd almost have a better shot at the NBA if he was undrafted, rather than drafted in the 2nd round which is where he'd be drafted. The only way newley will get a look in is if the rockets get injuries, as opposed to being a basic free agent, free to sign with any team at any time.

Reply #209722 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

has the boy put on any weight sinse start of his nbl career??
maybe he just wont and be a skinny player his entire career????

NBA???? na

Prince can play D
Joe tries to....;

Reply #209738 | Report this post

I think Joe's gotta stop tryna be a complete player and focus on becoming the next eric piatkowski instead of the next scottie pippen.

Reply #209740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we'll see a better jingles this year, a better squad around him and better coaching. Its a long time from now till draft day so you never no what will happen, and you also got to remeber a nba team might be looking a player exactly like him, or on the other hand no one wants him at all.

Reply #209758 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Pffft.
I'VE got as much chance of being drafted as Jingles, and I can't play!

Reply #209761 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah, sure.

Newley all over again....

Reply #209764 | Report this post

badassmofo  
Years ago

Ingles could easily have a successful NBA career.

Reply #209768 | Report this post

Euro  
Years ago

I think jingles has a lot of talent but I really feel if Newely can't make it Jingles won't. Newel is better in every category. I think Jingles would have the best chance if he was a free agent to pick a team that he thinks would give him the best chance. Because getting drafted late 2nd round would limit him to the team that drafts him.

Reply #209787 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I saw Joe 2 days ago at training, think he's gotten whole lot better, personally I think he'll be 2nd round drafted no problem but may very well likely be another Newley however, the way I'm looking at it he's an extraordinary defender if he can show that to the NBA GMs then he'll actually have a great shot getting a contract...

Reply #209805 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I think Jingles is more range on his shot and is a better passer than Newley. Newley's best attribute is his atheticism which isn't that good by NBA standards.

Reply #209807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754