Isaac
Years ago

Forum: 20K milestone reached

Due to the feverish posting of everyone involved, the Hoops SA forum has passed the 20,000 post mark.

The "Last 7 days" count is hovering around 1000 to show that we've had some popular and contentious topics recently. I'm sure that level of interest will only be sustained once the ABL season kicks off.

As usual, thanks to everyone who contributes.

(I don't post this so that people will thank me, so don't. It's just nice that people come here to read and chat.)

Some awards for the sake of it:

Joint MVP: Yogee and Kent Brockman (Yogee brings the "Most" and "Posts" part. KB provides the "Valuable" component. Sorry Yogee! ;)

MIP: Panther

Rookie: Kriss

6th Man: DJ (been busy buying himself a house, but pops in to post now and then)

Topic #1789 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks iSAAC

Reply #20314 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

Ah, but Isaac they do need to thank you without the forum they wouldn't have the opportunity to be well informed or have the ability to chat to fellow basketball fans about the sport we all love.

Reply #20317 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

Thank you for your initiative, dedication, creativity and perserverance.

Reply #20344 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I'm goin to Disneyland!!!!

Reply #20348 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I too would like to thank Isaac (even though he said not too) for the forum.

I first hand know what a close call it was whether we, the basketball fans in SA, came to not having a forum at all after the whole 36ers thing (we wont re-visit that)

Isaac has done an outstanding job putting mnay hours and many $$ into keeping this running, and I personally would like to hand my MVP award back to Isaac, because without him, none of it would be possible.

I'd also like to take this time of peace and love to extend an olive branch to those I've pissed off over the 20 k effort....if I get accepted to uni next week Net time will be drastically reduced as I try to balance a 30 hour a week job, media and stats committments as well. So hopefully my name will evetually drop off the top (I wish it would, but I cant help myself).

Once again, well done Isaac for a top piece of work!

Reply #20370 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

how do our posts compare to interstate forums?

what is the all time high and lows per day for posters

is there a happy hour - where we have heavy postings

Reply #20386 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, a suggestion to improve this forum. Nothing major as nothing major is needed. Please drop the leaderboard so none of us need to be embarrased. I'm quickly loosing my privacy due to the fame I've acquired on this forum, haha. I cab't even walk down the street without someone asking if I'm EC.

Reply #20387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

what the -- I'm not sure. The Wildcats forum is very popular -- 20-30,000 posts since October 2004. This one has had 20,000 since about July (can't remember actually).

OzHoops might be the most popular.

When I have time one day this year, I have some planned changes for this site. One of those (not too hard, just need the time) would allow me to graph the postings per hour, day, whatever for the entire forum and also for individual posters.

Reply #20391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

make each user have a profile, their rela name and photo (optional) so we know who we are talking to!

Reply #20396 | Report this post

Pureballer  
Years ago

Fantastic job Isaac !! keep up the great job your doing

Reply #20407 | Report this post

Kate  
Years ago

I am Isaac's girlfriend. Please stop posting, because he never gets any work done! ;). I told him his New Years resolution was to spend less time on basketball related websites.

It's not working.

Reply #20479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As long as Rick Castle and Oscar are beating me in the NBA fantasy hoops competition, I will never give up! (Well, until the All Star game).

Reply #20485 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

I agree with the profile, you can say what club you play for, what division, age group etc... and make people sign up with an email address and password, so people like me can't keep changing their username every week

Reply #20500 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Hopefully I won't go into the dreaded "Sophomore Slump"

Maybe on those profiles we could send you a pic of what we like- funny to see what a bloke called JBags looks like :))

Reply #20549 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:47 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754