Kent Brockman
Years ago

Breaker Phil Jones on Striking Charge

Seems the game was a little dirty if this is anything to go by.

http://linky.com.au/sdd70

Topic #17891 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Mr Brockman, you just beat me to it!

Reply #209860 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From what people at the game are saying, Redhage hit Jones in the crotch and Jones retaliated (and was seen by the ref(s)).

After Anstey elbowed Maher in the face and got nothing but an unsportsmanlike, I wonder if the NBL will do anything this time?

Breakers have 36ers, Tigers, Taipans, Crocs, Dragons over their next five games and won't want to be missing a key scorer for any of them!

Reply #209881 | Report this post

Blogger  
Years ago

Red seems to involved in these situations quite often

Reply #209897 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jones/Breakers have elected to have the case hear by phone. Verdict by Wednesday, the day before the Breakers host the 36ers!

Reply #209962 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oh, and probably quite topical that the NBL have used this photo for the story on their site:

Reply #209966 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Don't you mean Phillllllllllll Jones?

Reply #209976 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Nice one hereschenes!

Isaac that is correct. The fact that it is going to the tribunal shows a massive double standard. Anstey's own coach admitted guilt. The umpires saw it and gave it an unsportsmanlike foul, yet it wasn't even referred to the Tribunal.

Is this due to
1) It is Anstey.
2) Seamus McPeake is on the NBL Board.

I think all of the above.

How many games did Blakemore get for a similar cowardly act?

Reply #209990 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perhaps Redhage/Henry/Cats made some noise about it?

Reply #210004 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754