Master P
Years ago

Rumor mill

Rumor has it that Mee wants to finish his career in adelaide, that willie wants to get citizenship and that dusty is engaged to an outback jungle bunny which would mean these three could play together for a long time can someone say dynasty!!!!

Topic #1791 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

i hope so but i dont know, what about cash cap? how long do you need to be a oz sit before the import slot opens. No one is signed as yet so we have just as much chance of loosing them all then we do of keeping any of them. I hope its true but i wont beleive it until they run of the court together.

Reply #20365 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

According to the NBL, as soon as you become an Australian citizen, you are no longer a "restricted" player, which opens the import slot immediately.

Reply #20368 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Sounds like crap to me, will never happen

Reply #20389 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I thought there was still a three-year period that you had to be an Aussie for, before you qualified to play as a citizen in the NBL.

Reply #20411 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

You can play as an Aussie as soon as you become naturalised. But I'm pretty sure you can't become naturalised until you've lived in Australia for a certain number of years in succession. And considering Farley has only been here for less than a year I'd say even if the rumour was true, it couldn't happen for a while.

Reply #20417 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I too don't really buy it, however, Master P, you may want to re-word and / or look up the term "Jungle Bunny" to avoid controversy.

ShaneD

Reply #20431 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There are two meanings to the term and so I'll leave it unedited assuming that Master P is referencing the less offensive of the two.

Reply #20433 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i would rather darnell mee than farley.darnell does it all farley is a pure shooter.farley is still a gun though

Reply #20445 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

How many years does Mee have left in him? Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Mee, but surely you couldnt be talking Dynasty with Mee?

Reply #20470 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea, i think for this to happen mee would b the one to naturalise, as hes been in australia the longest, is older and more likely to do so anyway, as there were rumours of him naturalising whilst he was with the 6ers a few years a go on a multi yr contract whilst smyth was boomers coach, darnell had a long term deal with the 36ers n there was talk of him naturalisin and teaming wit brett n phil wit the boomers. Willie wouldnt hav been in australia long enough to naturalise at the moment dusty and darnell have been here longer i think darnell has been here for 3 years straight since returning from europe and dusty would b in his 2nd or 3rd yr in oz whit this being willies first year back. heres hoping it happens imagine a line up of mee, maher, farley, dusty, holmes, forman, hill, cooper,nash, ng in the future, that would b awesome

Reply #20478 | Report this post

Portal to the...  
Years ago

What 36ers should do to get all three players is put some of the higher paid players on the administration, that way their wage does not appear on the salary cap (Vlahov used this tactic, as does Andrew Gaze, I'm pretty sure) that way if we had, say, Brett Maher and Farley on the admin list, that would free up enough money to buy Darnell Mee.

But that will never happen, BASA are stupid.

Reply #20499 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Elimantes of this rumour match up really well, would be a pleaure to watch!

At this stage, couldn't say I'd prefer Darnell rather than Farley, not forgetting those title years with the "Silent Assasin', but Farley is so much younger and gets the crowd going in a way I can't remember happening before.

Reply #20501 | Report this post

choc wheaten  
Years ago

congratulations dusty. what a lucky mail order bride!

Reply #20505 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Im getting goose bumbs just thinking of a mee fastbreak with Farley!!!

Reply #20545 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

After being at the game last night i can confirm that Master P's mail is correct....Darnell to be wearing blue and white next year as an Aussie....wouldn't he be handy at the Commonwealth Games.....

Reply #20621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Vlahov used this tactic' portal it all goes on a points system now
also basa has tried that trick before and been caught with salary cap breaches

Reply #20623 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:53 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754