LC
Years ago

Blaze's new recruit: Justin Bowen

The Gold Coast Blaze have announced thie rnew recruit...former NBA player Justin Bowen.

Link: http://linky.com.au/4acmw

What do we know about him? Will he be the missing piece to get them a win?

Topic #17911 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Bruce's brother?

Reply #210028 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I want GC (lived there for awhile) to do well but honestly don't think it'll make any difference. And haven't heard of this guy before...

Reply #210035 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Interesting choice. He played D-League, not NBA, and managed only 13 and 6, in 28mins per game last year, mostly off the bench - this in a league of similar quality to the NBL.

On a positive note, he did shoot at a good clip; 53%.-One of the many area's in which the Blaze need help.

D-League profile:
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=justin_bowen
(linky didnt work)

Reply #210038 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

So the D league is of the same std as the NBL?

No wonder all the NBA wanna be's go to Europe to try and get in!

Reply #210042 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Maybe the reality is for the $$ we can pay and the state of our $$ v the american $$ means this is the quality of import we can afford, guys from the D-league or out of college, hence why they have got Bowen and we have Tyndale, unfortunatly we probably cant afford guys like Hodge or of his callibre at the moment.

Reply #210050 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Can't really agree that NBL is the same standard as the D-League. I think D-league would be slightly better, considering most of the players are on the brink of playing in the NBA

Reply #210059 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Before the season, if teams locked in deals (or bought up currency), they would've had some spending power at least. Now, it'd be very expensive to get the same calibre of player.

Reply #210073 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

good luck to the new NBL robbing owner 3 million to get their license back~~~

Reply #210081 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Hodge can ask whatever he wants, doesn't mean he is worth that. Sure the money in the NBA is much greater, but Hodge failed in the NBA. What makes him or anyone think he is worth $800K here or anywhere else. Apart from the salary cap in Australia not being able to accommodate that much to one player, Hodge said himself that in Europe he didn't get paid if his team didn't win. Now how true that is I don't know but can't see why he would say something like that. I personally don't think he's worth anywhere near that. Sorry, he didn't make the NBA, surely his value has gone down.

Reply #210094 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

bluey - at the very least, Bruce's brutha

Reply #210106 | Report this post

BADASSMOFO  
Years ago

blaze needed to go with fast American guard instead...in the mould of a dontayne draper/jason crowe type

Reply #210223 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Don't let Shane Heal hear that he'll throw a tantrum.

Reply #210224 | Report this post

CJ  
Years ago

Believe me, I've seen Bowen play and seriously, he should be in the NBA. I think GC will be very happy in picking Justin up.

Watch and see. He may just be the missing link.

Reply #210229 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754